Closed Thread
Page 71 of 154 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 96 121 146 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 3064

Thread: Questions to the Developers

Quote Originally Posted by Laskaris View Post
    It should not be possible for a Christian country to become Buddhist or vice versa. That would be very ahistorical. It's one thing for a king to convert to another religion, but to actually have popular support for it and convert the whole nation - that never really happened as far as I know. Only with so-called "primitive" religions like those of the native Americans.

I think the current system in Magna Mundi the mod is quite good, where you can convert to a different religion within your own group (say, from Catholicism to Protestantism), but not to another group entirely.

As for making one of your provinces into a "haven" for such-and-such religion, I believe this is possible in the mod across different religious groups. For instance, I think it was possible to "make province x into an Oriental Orthodox haven" in my game as the Mughal Empire (Sunni). But I might be wrong about that.
    This actually happened quite a few times. Granted, the majority of these times are outside of the game's range, but even during this time period it did happen a few times in the Americas, in Africa, and in Asia (particularly in Japan).

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    Something like an automatic F12 you say? Yes I think would be nice to have as an option
    I've always thought to use something like that myself and then compile it into a nice summary.
    But its too much work.
    Now if it was automated.....
    Please Sign the Non-Steam Version Request Petition for SOTS II: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-1-post-person
    QUOTES USED IN POSTS: Always refer to the Original quote to ensure no misunderstandings occur. Click on the small arrows to do so.
    GREATEST NECRO EVER!: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12291291

Will there be trade winds/currents?
    Probably not, though, too much of a bother to do, and it'd be a waste of computer power that could be assigned to other things.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinOverlord View Post
    Will there be trade winds/currents?
    Probably not, though, too much of a bother to do, and it'd be a waste of computer power that could be assigned to other things.
    No winds or currents
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteCK2: Holy Knight500k club

On the AI, specifically on the performance of certain major historical players such as the ottomans or the ming, can we expect to see a little more dynamic-ness? That is usually the ottos were quite content mauling the mamlukes then sitting pretty quite often, or that ming never experienced unrest (like they did in real life which lead to their fall). Certain states won't have...personality quirks will they? Like Austria loving to crush the little OPMs in the balkans or poland imploding 50 years after Lithuania was inherited. I know its not fair to compare a full blown game with its predecessor mod, but I have started playing the mod again and these questions just popped into my head.

Banned

Sorry, but this has probably been answered a million times, but when is the release date?

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

4 November 2011

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arbus View Post
    4 November 2011
    Thanks.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengoku
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Why didn't anyone come up with a FAQ yet?
    Some essential info, as the release date above, could be gathered.

And any idea about the price of MM?
    War is a series of catastrophes that results in a victory.
    Georges Clemenceau (1841 - 1929)

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Pardon me if this question has already been answered but I was wondering how many events there will be about the scientific revolution? For example, if you want to fund microscopes, observatories or mechanical calculators. It will be expensive but also gives a research boost. Another possibility would be the funding of hot air ballons in the late 18th century to give military advancements.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by Einh View Post
    Pardon me if this question has already been answered but I was wondering how many events there will be about the scientific revolution? For example, if you want to fund microscopes, observatories or mechanical calculators. It will be expensive but also gives a research boost. Another possibility would be the funding of hot air ballons in the late 18th century to give military advancements.
    Knowledge advancement will be more abstract than that.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

What will be the likely system requirements needed for Magna Mundi to run smoothly?

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jalex View Post
    What will be the likely system requirements needed for Magna Mundi to run smoothly?
    It's too early to say but we improved the engine speed by a very, very significant margin.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

How will the New World Colonial Nations come into being?
    Will it be as in EUIII with pre-defined historical borders or something dynamic like all french culture group owned/french colonial culture province colonies in continent northern north america get quebec cores, all in southern north america get lousiana cores, if english culture it then its canada and the united states or something similar to that?

Also will modding in a new government that fills the flags to fire the parliament events or other non-standard government type events be an easy thing of adding the constitutional=yes or something into its definition or require including it in the OR brackets of each event's trigger?

And finally, what sort of number do you expect the Reformation Dev' Diary will be? if there will be one
    Nationality: New Zealander
    Religion: Roman Catholic
    Ideology: Distributist
    Issues: Moralism/Full Citizenship
    How did some slip of a girlyboy from communist East Berlin become the internationally ignored song stylist barely standing before you?

Don't Press the O
    "There's nothing sicker in society
    Than a lack of liquor and sobriety!"

Sorry if this has already been answered. Will there be a free strategy guide for those who purchase the game (as in vicky2 and EU3)? I generally find these guides indispensable when trying to figure out a new game.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Magna Mundi the Mod had a large, in-depth manual available for download with the mod. I'd be shocked if anything less was provided for purchasers of MMtG, and I believe I've even read on these forums that some aspects of this manual/guide are already in preparation.

In Ubi's signature, you can download a manual on the mod. Ignoring the fact that it is obsolete by know. it is the best manual I've ever seen - so we all are expecting the same quality ;-)

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    War of the Roses500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I apologize if this has been asked before, loved MMtM, greatly looking forward to MMtG.

Honestly, the most fun Magna Mundi games I have played have been in Japan. I just loved the desperate power struggle and pace. I think you have said Japan is getting its own special system for the Sengoku Jidai? Will playing a Japanese Daimyo be very different from the mod? I pray there will be enough attention on my favorite region. (Although with how large of a improvement the mod already has, I'm not very worried)

Anything specific you can share about Japan? (or if there is going to be a Dev Diary over it soon?)

Thanks!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknight15 View Post
    I apologize if this has been asked before, loved MMtM, greatly looking forward to MMtG.

Honestly, the most fun Magna Mundi games I have played have been in Japan. I just loved the desperate power struggle and pace. I think you have said Japan is getting its own special system for the Sengoku Jidai? Will playing a Japanese Daimyo be very different from the mod? I pray there will be enough attention on my favorite region. (Although with how large of a improvement the mod already has, I'm not very worried)

Anything specific you can share about Japan? (or if there is going to be a Dev Diary over it soon?)

Thanks!
    Yes, there will be a Dev Diary for Japan. Yes, we are turning Japan into a sort of HRE in terms of depth. It will have two interface screens, for instance.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Any chance of the "history" thing getting some love?

So it actually tells a story rather than "He did wisely commission a painting. He did wrongly comission a painting. He commissioned a painting. He against all advice commisioned a painting." Ofcourse that's not exactly how EU3 behaves, but that's pretty much the overall impression one gets of the history that EU3 provides.
    Please Sign the Non-Steam Version Request Petition for SOTS II: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-1-post-person
    QUOTES USED IN POSTS: Always refer to the Original quote to ensure no misunderstandings occur. Click on the small arrows to do so.
    GREATEST NECRO EVER!: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...1#post12291291

Closed Thread
Page 71 of 154 FirstFirst ... 21 46 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 96 121 146 ... LastLast