Closed Thread
Page 66 of 154 FirstFirst ... 16 41 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 91 116 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 3064

Thread: Questions to the Developers

Crusader Kings IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedEU3 Collectors Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    I want to make it a temptation for he player to actually bypass modernization. The player will know very well its bad over the long term, but it will avoid lots of trouble over the short term one.
    Very good.

I thought that in Magna Mundi the mod, modernizing a country like Ming was too easy. Yes, you would get some unrest and stab hits, but overall, it felt too straighforward and smooth and without resistance. Modernizing a country should feel more dynamic and interactive than that, it should give more decisions to the player to consider.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by Laskaris View Post
    Very good.

I thought that in Magna Mundi the mod, modernizing a country like Ming was too easy. Yes, you would get some unrest and stab hits, but overall, it felt too straighforward and smooth and without resistance. Modernizing a country should feel more dynamic and interactive than that, it should give more decisions to the player to consider.
    Don't worry. I have many ideas easily implementable.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

What are you going to do when you have 40 Dev Diaries stickied?

Europa Universalis 3For The GloryMagickaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinOverlord View Post
    What are you going to do when you have 40 Dev Diaries stickied?
    Release the game maybe?

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by johho888 View Post
    Release the game maybe?

Actually I am going to unstick them pretty soon and leave only the most recent and another sticky with links for all of them.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Yuri Spectaculov I Killed Kenny's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More EditionWarlock 2: The ExiledAncient SpaceCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Quote Originally Posted by I Killed Kenny View Post
    Will it be possible to incentivate the plantation of certain plants in colonies and/or small provinces? (like sugar in madeira?)
    bump

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by I Killed Kenny View Post
    bump
    Yes, it will be entirely possible.

No troubles scripting a provincial directive with a very small event pool attached for that. Magna Mundi scripts can do things much more complex...
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

Yes, it will be entirely possible.

No troubles scripting a provincial directive with a very small event pool attached for that. Magna Mundi scripts can do things much more complex...
    I am 100% sure that MMtG will be a modder's dream but I am a bit worried if it will be understandable for someone without any programming skills...
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Athalcor View Post
    I am 100% sure that MMtG will be a modder's dream but I am a bit worried if it will be understandable for someone without any programming skills...
    Absolutely... let me show you a minor thing:

Code:
        * add_variables = { which = <VAR1> operand1 = <VAR2> operand2 = <VAR3> }
          Sets VAR1 = VAR2 + VAR3

* subtract_variables = { which = <VAR1> operand1 = <VAR2> operand2 = <VAR3> }
          Sets VAR1 = VAR2 - VAR3

* multiply_variables = { which = <VAR1> operand1 = <VAR2> operand2 = <VAR3> }
          Sets VAR1 = VAR2 * VAR3

* divide_variables = { which = <VAR1> operand1 = <VAR2> operand2 = <VAR3> }
          Sets VAR1 = VAR2 / VAR3

It's easy to see such a small thing the impact it has on modding...
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Will MM introduce a new system to native population/interactions? For instance, it is very simple to colonize a new province at the moment - you can often sign a treaty, and even if not, the new colony will only receive penalties as opposed to having a chance of being wiped out (assuming you built a fort.) Besides, you can just send 1000 troops to wipe out the natives (at the cost of penalties later on.)

In contrast, creation of new colonies in real life was extremely difficult in any area where native population levels were high. For instance, several colonies had been attempted in the New England region by various European nations, all which failed due to infighting and native resistance. The Pilgrims were only successful because the year before they landed, a plague wiped out up to 90% of the native population leaving a void (and the remaining natives were weakened sufficiently to want the Pilgrims as allies against a rival tribe that had not experienced the plague). In fact, Plymouth Colony was settled right in the native village of Patuxet, which had been abandoned due to mass deaths from the plague.

Which brings me to another point: Would it be possible to have dynamic native populations in uncolonized provinces? Nothing fancy, just have the Americas start with fairly large populations, which are massively reduced by plagues after trans-Atlantic contact, leaving population voids for European settlers to move in. Or for the natives to regain strength if the Europeans are too slow for some reason.

Apologies that I do not have any brilliant ideas for how to model things like this, but I do feel that it is important to paint a semi-realistic picture of such an important part of the game, instead of just "click send colonist, kill natives, win." Though it is fair that most people are not interested in playing as native nations, and even more certainly would not wish to see their glorious colonial empire-to-be thwarted by pesky natives...

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

This probably has been answered already - there are 66 pages after all - so I apologize in advance.

How much, if any, will we players be able to change, ie how open will the game be to modding? Paradox's games are in part so great because it is so open, we can change almost anything we like (or dislike mostly) so I am simply curious if you will leave things bound to txt files or similar that are easy to change. I'd think that you'd continue on that, despite being autonomous, as you have yourselves reaped the benefits of creating mods for a game.

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

You can read one ubik's answers just 2 posts above, the game will be extremely moddable, and apparently easier than EUIII for example. I've also read somewhere that ubik intends to invite some modders to take a look at the game and see all the possibilities it offers in terms of modding.

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Hi guys,
    I'm really looking forward to this game. I have three questions:

1. Will there be more content after tech level 30? I feel there is relatively more content before tech level 30 than after. Even tough there are some new elements like revolutions and parlaments.

2. Will the agricultural side of the economy get a new more advanced system ? (considering I guess at least 80% of the economy is farming it makes sense). I'm thinking of things like what crops are most common, like wheat in europe, rice in east and corn in america. Also new buildings like granaries, wind and watermills and bakeries. How many cattle, pigs and horses there are...

3. Will there be more country unique decisions and events? Like if you play France there is: "Move court to Versaille" and "Letat cest moi".
    I like them as it gives you a goal and if you reach it you get other benefits. I think they makes the game more fun and makes the nations feel more different.

EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2

Not sure if I've misunderstood you or not Ubik but sounds like you're being too soft and sentimental on the American nations. Was not the effect of contact a quickly acquired dependence on European trade goods, as well as a sociological regression caused by population collapse. Native Americans lost many of their technological skills and could only exist as appendages to the European Empires, arguably technology should go backwards after contact, the leap was just far to big for them to gain technology through contact.

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by DrZoidberg View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm really looking forward to this game. I have three questions:

1. Will there be more content after tech level 30? I feel there is relatively more content before tech level 30 than after. Even tough there are some new elements like revolutions and parlaments.
    There will be less KNOWLEDGE levels and all the system is different (for instance, no more tech investment, no money to reach the next tech level - in fact you don't need to accumulate anything to reach a new level)

2. Will the agricultural side of the economy get a new more advanced system ? (considering I guess at least 80% of the economy is farming it makes sense). I'm thinking of things like what crops are most common, like wheat in europe, rice in east and corn in america. Also new buildings like granaries, wind and watermills and bakeries. How many cattle, pigs and horses there are...
    This is a grand strategy game... Not Simfarm

This being said, there are in fact several types of crops, and certainly wheat is for Europe what rice is for asia. Regarding buildings you'll have a lot of them to play with.

3. Will there be more country unique decisions and events? Like if you play France there is: "Move court to Versaille" and "Letat cest moi". I like them as it gives you a goal and if you reach it you get other benefits. I think they makes the game more fun and makes the nations feel more different.

No. We are getting rid of them all, to be honest. Hopefully the game will provide different experiences without that canned content.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

No. We are getting rid of them all, to be honest. Hopefully the game will provide different experiences without that canned content.
    It is minor, but somewhat important too. Like cherry on the top of the cake.

I guess, we'll need to wait for some complex mods then.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

This seems pretty obvious, but I just want to make sure I understand this perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by MM Website
    You can pick any day from any year, from May 29th 1453 up to June 18th 1815
    So, other than the shortened timeline (1453-1815 vs. 1399-1821), you plan to have the same functionality as EU3? For example, if I start a game on February 10, 1694 for some strange reason I should have no issues?
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

Quote Originally Posted by CatKnight View Post
    ... For example, if I start a game on February 10, 1694 for some strange reason I should have no issues?
    correct.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Rome: Vae Victis500k club

How many province the game will have?

The Guardian of Divergences Athalcor's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the EaglesSengoku
    Sword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    Europa Universalis IVCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic

1.How easy would be just taking for example Tunisia and conquering Pisa? Will be Italy easy to annex or will the be some sort of "Ally against the heathen!" thing?
    2.Are you going to use the 64x64 national avatars in-game (I assume so because it was seen in pics) - if yes, do you want to have some kind of flags representing armies? In EU3 the flags were made by extending the 64x64 to 93x64 - and it does not look very good.
    All Hail Britannia - a V2 AAR - awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase on 6/15/14, came 2nd in the 2014 Q2 ACAs.

I want you to vote in the Q3 2014 ACAs! Make your favourite AARers bathe in your votes!

My two other shamefully abandoned AARs...(there is also a third one hiding in the corners of the V2 AARland, not even worth linking)

Closed Thread
Page 66 of 154 FirstFirst ... 16 41 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 91 116 141 ... LastLast