Closed Thread
Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 29 54 79 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions to the Developers

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Nobody needs a watered down experience to appeal to a wider market. That's the trick of the lazy and the weak (bundled together with stunning 4D graphics, of course). With quality in the design and acessibility to the game mechanics, the market will find us.
    That is very good to hear. =)

I don't know what you mean by support, but if you are talking about a mod forum, surely.
    Yeah, thats pretty much what I mean. Also good to hear. Thanks.

BTW, I meant it when I said I asked those questions with all respect. MM the mod is the best mod I have played for any game and it turned EU3 into the best strategy game I have played. I don't know if you meant it with your reply, but you came accross as quite defensive.

Anyway, I have a couple of (hopefully) less controversial questions pertaining to the game.

1) AI: Will the game have a system somewhat similar to the "major powers" system that is in MMP? If yes, will this be a global system, a Europe-only system, or maybe multiple regional systems? I guess I ask if there will be a mechanism to recognise a balance of powers.

2) Minorities: Considering that it had to be made to work on the EU3 engine, the MMP religous minority system was very impressive. Will we see something similar in MM the game? Will we also see such a minority system pertaining to cultures?

EDIT: I thought of another one. =P

3) Wartime alliances: Will you have the option to call or to not call on your allies during the war?
    Last edited by SpartanSoldier; 25-01-2010 at 05:00.

Warden of the Cinque Ports Teep's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLeviathan: WarshipsMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    Crusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods
    Crusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

To Ubik (I assume)

1) Will alliances have an expiration date or will they be until cancelled/rejected call as in the current system? And will they have an option for states that the alliance will not fight together?

2) Will there be an option for multilateral alliances or leagues (such as the Schmalkaldic league or the Hanseatic League)?

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    Magna Mundi building system will have around 100 buildings to build.
    Please design the interface and hot keys so that I can simultaneousy order a building in all eligible provinces with one click instead of clicking for each individual province.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome Gold
    Semper Fi500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

To Ubik:

1. Can we expect new peace resolution options like extracting yearly tribute or province exchanges (instead of just one-sided cessions)?

2. Will the linear population and economic growth be replaced by a more realistic system of periods of economic prosperity and downturn?

3. Is it possible to implement calamities that affect many provinces at the same time with a possibility to spread even further if mismanaged? Draughts, famines, severe winters, floods, epidemics etc. were quite common during the game's timeframe.

4. Will trade routes (bot marine and land) be included?
    Last edited by trybald; 25-01-2010 at 10:21.
    "Our forebears were contented with salty and fetid fishes. But we come for the fresh ones, still thriving in the ocean!
    Our fathers were contented when they were storming burghs. But we ain't scared by sea storms or the fearsome waves!
    Our fathers were contented when they were hunting deers. And we are hunting treasures and monsters that hide deep in the ocean!"

"On the conquest of the sea coast" - Polish song from 11th century.

Will it be possible in MM to change flag in-game without changing tag?
    There are several places where this may be useful:
    1)Spain; the flag could be changed depending on which kingdoms (out of Castille-Leon, Portugal, Aragon and Navarra) are involved in it's formation
    2)France; instead of having a Revolutionary France tag, simply change the flag to la tricoloure
    3)Russia; the CoA in the centre of the flag could be that of whichever principality unifies the Russians.

Also, will the ATAGE system be hard-coded into the game?
    It is not sufficient that I succeed- all others must fail- Genghis Khan

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

could you change the code to read flag files like,,

HAB --> country TAG
    HAB1 --> Flag 1
    HAB2 --> Flag2
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin's Contributions to the Conference Feb 17, 1775

"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes... A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principals upon which our government was founded."
    -Abraham Lincoln (December 1840) End Prohibition Now

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete500k club

"In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes."
    Quote Originally Posted by ubik View Post
    There's a whole lot to be coded on the social front.

Screenshots will be available when I am up to it.
    ...Wait, what?

This has intrigued me. I thought Magna Mundi was just gonna be an expanded EU 3. Can you give anymore information regarding this "social front" (which I suppose it is hard to discern given Censuses, at least in the Portuguese case, during the game's timeframe, were very rarely done - At an interval of close to 100 years)?

Will there be a beta for the game?
    I am signing in already for this, and- if help is needed- will help as much as I can in my spare time.
    This is going to be fun!!!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Me and 2 buddies could look for bugs in MP aswell.

Imperial Guard Conscript Delta107's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIISemper FiVictoria 2Hearts of Iron: The Card Game500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    To Ubik:
    HttT implemented cultural tradition system, is cultural tradition gain going to be linked somehow to provinces through buildings or some kind of literacy among population? Thanks
    Bridling the Horses of Saint Mark.
    "Full scan. The Emperor protects. But it does no harm to double check."
    Captain Severus of the Ultramarines

Do you want to be blessed by the True Pantheon? Do you want to be favoured by the Four like a true son? Sign up now and undertake the Pilgrimage!!!

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanSoldier View Post
    1) AI: Will the game have a system somewhat similar to the "major powers" system that is in MMP? If yes, will this be a global system, a Europe-only system, or maybe multiple regional systems? I guess I ask if there will be a mechanism to recognise a balance of powers.
    Yes, there will be one coded in the engine.

2) Minorities: Considering that it had to be made to work on the EU3 engine, the MMP religous minority system was very impressive. Will we see something similar in MM the game?
    Yes.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by trybald View Post
    2. Will the linear population and economic growth be replaced by a more realistic system of periods of economic prosperity and downturn?
    Oopulation and economic growth will not be linear.

3. Is it possible to implement calamities that affect many provinces at the same time with a possibility to spread even further if mismanaged? Draughts, famines, severe winters, floods, epidemics etc. were quite common during the game's timeframe.
    Yes, entirely possible in Magna Mundi.

Pertaining all the diplomatic changes, they are still not set in stone.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by LAF1994 View Post
    Will it be possible in MM to change flag in-game without changing tag?
    We are not going to lose precious development time on that, sorry.

Also, will the ATAGE system be hard-coded into the game?
    There will be a new government system, yes. I guess it does not need to be hardcoded. Or do you prefer to have a crippled modding capability?
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    ...Wait, what?

This has intrigued me. I thought Magna Mundi was just gonna be an expanded EU 3. Can you give anymore information regarding this "social front" (which I suppose it is hard to discern given Censuses, at least in the Portuguese case, during the game's timeframe, were very rarely done - At an interval of close to 100 years)?
    I don't know where you have read Magna Mundi would be an expanded EU3. We are here telling pecisely the contrary for some days.

No more details for now, except that it will be detailed and all encompassing.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by daboese View Post
    Will there be a beta for the game?
    I am signing in already for this, and- if help is needed- will help as much as I can in my spare time.
    This is going to be fun!!!
    Hey daboese,

When the time comes be sure to send me a mail and you'll be in.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Delta107 View Post
    To Ubik:
    HttT implemented cultural tradition system, is cultural tradition gain going to be linked somehow to provinces through buildings or some kind of literacy among population? Thanks
    Cultural tradition was dropped from Magna Mundi. We have a total different system.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Will the map be correct? One thing that always disturbed me with Paradox's maps was, for instance, Sicily's position. Will MM introduce a whole new map or continue the same?

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Will the map be correct? One thing that always disturbed me with Paradox's maps was, for instance, Sicily's position. Will MM introduce a whole new map or continue the same?
    Whole new map. I don't know what you mean by correct as any projection causes distortion.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldVictoria 2

Will there be any system simulating "colonies" that were really on trade posts, but were still claimed by a country, like the western US under Spain or Canada early on. As it is you can only have cities or somethig growing into one, which require massive upkeep.
    And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Will there be Developer Diaries?
    Nationality: Croat
    Religion: Roman Catholicism
    Ideology: Centrist
    Current Playthrough: CK2, Latin Empire

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 154 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 29 54 79 104 ... LastLast