Closed Thread
Page 144 of 154 FirstFirst ... 44 69 94 119 134 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,880 of 3064

Thread: Questions to the Developers

Quote Originally Posted by Kaarle XII View Post
    Quoted from the manual on colonial policies: "After you decide on a policy, each of the colonies will take time to adopt that policy." I was really hoping that we would be able to choose different policies for different colonies, at least on a regional scale. But apparently only one global policy is available at a time?
    This question got lost in the discussion about the OE.
    I used to think that you could decide policies for each colony individually, but after reading this question and checking it in the manual, I'm not so sure anymore.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Niezro View Post
    This question got lost in the discussion about the OE.
    I used to think that you could decide policies for each colony individually, but after reading this question and checking it in the manual, I'm not so sure anymore.
    I'm not sure anymore whether that quote was from the mod's or the game's manual, but at least in the mod a country can only have one colonial policy. Although your colonies might have two different ones in place occasionally as it takes some time to implement a new policy everywhere.

An answer would be great to clarify this!

Crusader Kings IIRome Gold500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Planeta Tierra, Sistema Solar, Via Láctea
    Can you post a beta AAR or something?
    Punishing the oppressors is mercy, forgiving them is barbarism. Maximilien Robespierre
    All the glory of the world fits in a grain of rice. José Martí

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

When it's time...

Second Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Iwas thinking about personal unions. It is said the player will have special mechanics to deal with personal unions. My question is if the player will have todeal with a diferent set of factions in the countries they have a union. It make sense that to avoid an independance moviment the player should apease the powerfull factions in the realm they are in union with or else facing major rebellions. Also the estructure of faction power may differ from country to coutry and it would be wrong to just disapear the faction structure when a coutry enters a personal union

Quote Originally Posted by Logos88 View Post
    Iwas thinking about personal unions. It is said the player will have special mechanics to deal with personal unions. My question is if the player will have todeal with a diferent set of factions in the countries they have a union. It make sense that to avoid an independance moviment the player should apease the powerfull factions in the realm they are in union with or else facing major rebellions. Also the estructure of faction power may differ from country to coutry and it would be wrong to just disapear the faction structure when a coutry enters a personal union
    The sections on Factions and Personal Unions in the manual (see stickied link) should explain the interplay there. Basically, factions will not disappear because of Personal Unions. Annexations and taking over territory is a different matter, and what happens there is that the local factions that are strong in the provinces being taken over are calculated in the whole.

Is there any faction power known by province or the calculation assumes that each province within a country has the same power level for the same faction? The first would be a bit more realistic but as I understood the manual, it will be only calculated by country level.

Quote Originally Posted by lutharien View Post
    Is there any faction power known by province or the calculation assumes that each province within a country has the same power level for the same faction? The first would be a bit more realistic but as I understood the manual, it will be only calculated by country level.
    Each province has a Ascendent Faction in control. This is important for several reasons, including support for/against the central rule during Civil Wars. The country level is used for calculations in corruption and other mechanics, however the local factions do have influence on each factor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Logos88 View Post
    This gets me thinking about some ways of making it even more interesting to have a vassal or union minor. Put on my to-do list for an expansion or patch.
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club

[Sarcasm]No, Helius just said so because he wants to make you even more angry [/sarcasm]

Check your notes, merse - I think MM Dev's are not allowed to use sarcasm in these forums!
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club

Then, guys, you don´t respect your own rules... Because MM-team is the most sarcastic team that I have seen XD

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

I'll ask the question again as it was left unanswered previously: are colonial policies decided on a global level (ie. only one policy possible for a country) or on a continental/even smaller level?

Myself
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis: Rome

Quote Originally Posted by Clophiroth View Post
    Then, guys, you don´t respect your own rules... Because MM-team is the most sarcastic team that I have seen XD
    Devs, they grow up so fast. One day they are all so respectful of their elders and then, before you know it, they are all rebellious and sarcastic.
    Sit now there, and look out upon the lands where evil and despair shall come to those whom thou allied. Thou hast dared to mock me, and to question the power of France, master of the fates of Europe. Therefore with my explorers thou shalt see, and with my spies thou shalt hear; and never shall thou be released from vassalage until all is fulfilled unto its bitter end.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Sorry if this has been answered already but I haven't followed the forum for a while. BTW good luck with your work, I never really played MM for EU3 but I certainly will get the game once it comes out, looks great.

Will there be a Religious League War in the Empire and a potential 30-year War later in the game, as there were in SRI (and, I suppose, in MM for EU3)?
    "The path to knighthood is paved with strength and nobility not LSD and sideburns." - Black Knight

Yes, tehre are even specific possibilities and war goals in the case of a religious war.

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Example:
    France has two vassals Foix and Provence and has a military alliance with them.
    Spain declares war on Foix.
    France honor Foix's call for help and declares war on Spain to protect Foix.
    Will Provence also be at war with Spain?
    Or only Foix and France?

Well with EU3 the vassal's lord would always become the leading nation in a war where the vassal was attacked, resulting in the allies of the lord (vassal's included) being called to arms, so I see no reason why it would be any different here.

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteFor The GloryEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by apsycobear View Post
    Well with EU3 the vassal's lord would always become the leading nation in a war where the vassal was attacked, resulting in the allies of the lord (vassal's included) being called to arms, so I see no reason why it would be any different here.
    Isn't that a Divine Wind feature?!
    I don't think it works like that in the version I play. Which is IN as latest expansion + MM. (I didnt update because I have so many halffinished games :-) )
    But I would like it to be like that with vassals at least. That they act like one country against a foreign threat.

Closed Thread
Page 144 of 154 FirstFirst ... 44 69 94 119 134 142 143 144 145 146 ... LastLast