Closed Thread
Page 146 of 154 FirstFirst ... 46 71 96 121 136 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 3064

Thread: Questions to the Developers

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDungeonland
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

A bit of a silly question, but since I never saw any zoomed out screenshots, I was wondering if it would be like EU3 and you see the nation name across it's lands.
    The Eternal State - a DH-KR Ottoman AAR - Dropped due to health reasons

Struggle for the Mediterranean - a BOR Punic War MP AAR
    - Dropped due to AGEOD leaving Paradox

One of these days I will actually finish an AAR

"Holy Roman Empire. Neither Holy, nor Roman, nor an Empire. But it doesn't have any oil so no reason for military intervention" -Voltaire.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

As we received the new renderer relatively late, we had to discuss about this one a lot. Now I think this feature will come only with a patch possibily within the first month after the release. We barely have time to finish the vital tasks before the release, so some of the fancy features have to wait for a while. I know it's not the answer most of you are expecting, we were very disappointed about it too, but a day is only 24 hours long for us too, and even our days till the release are tightly counted.
    Officially EU4 (but not Euro) skeptic.
    Former MMtG staff member.

Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    As we received the new renderer relatively late, we had to discuss about this one a lot. Now I think this feature will come only with a patch possibily within the first month after the release. We barely have time to finish the vital tasks before the release, so some of the fancy features have to wait for a while. I know it's not the answer most of you are expecting, we were very disappointed about it too, but a day is only 24 hours long for us too, and even our days till the release are tightly counted.
    Meh, it's a cool feature but the lack of it won't exactly be a major hindrance to gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by thrashing mad View Post
    That's a shame really. I guess that ideas would be semi-randomly chosen by AI? Would be weird to find that, for example, 17th century Russia is trade focused, religiously tolerant, bureaucratic state. Any chances of patching it up eventually? After all national ideas are primary thing which defines any given state, more so than sliders or form of government.
    Each tradition has an ai_weight which uses standard formula modifiers. So right now, in addition to other considerations, RUS and MOS do have a bonus for taking army-related traditions.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor New! EU4-Compatible v. 0.8.5.1 released 12 October 2013 ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    Each tradition has an ai_weight which uses standard formula modifiers. So right now, in addition to other considerations, RUS and MOS do have a bonus for taking army-related traditions.
    I know - I tried to play MM-mod at later dates, and AI is trying to pick up best ideas/traditions given a lot of factors at which given country is at. Still - historically countries didn't follow optimal path most of the time, read - they didn't pick most beneficial traditions most suited to their current situation. IMHO you should declare 'start at later date' feature as unfinished, if you want to be sincere with the players, until you complete national ideas/ and or factions setup at later ages.

I know - I tried to play MM-mod at later dates, and AI is trying to pick up best ideas/traditions given a lot of factors at which given country is at. Still - historically countries didn't follow optimal path most of the time, read - they didn't pick most beneficial traditions most suited to their current situation. IMHO you should declare 'start at later date' feature as unfinished, if you want to be sincere with the players, until you complete national ideas/ and or factions setup at later ages.
    1st: What Michael was talking about is beyond and further developed than what was in the mod. We chose an approach that allowed us to focus on other things .. perhaps we will expand things in the future, but perhaps not.

and

2nd: "Start at a Later Date" feature is finished - perhaps it is not what you want - but it is as finished as it will be for the foreseeable future.

Soo the next DD....

Quote Originally Posted by Zolotaya View Post
    2nd: "Start at a Later Date" feature is finished - perhaps it is not what you want - but it is as finished as it will be for the foreseeable future.
    Perhaps, but it is regression from vanilla EU3, where historical national ideas were defined for all countries. You axed them in the mod (apart from 3 starting ones) because it wasn't intended to play after 1453 start dates - MMtG is.
    Last edited by thrashing mad; 15-05-2012 at 21:39.

IMHO you should declare 'start at later date' feature as unfinished, if you want to be sincere with the players, until you complete national ideas/ and or factions setup at later ages.
    These setups are complete for any start date!

The one thing that may not get done is to have a complete set of active wars at any given date; but there will be on every bookmarked date
    Mourning Magna Mundi

Arsenal of DemocracyEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Nah I don't think so.
    Lose your honour on these forums and I'll make you commit seppuku

Go check out my AoD CORE 0.60 AAR!

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

When I last checked it, you couldn't, but you can zoom out significantly more than you could in MMtM.
    Officially EU4 (but not Euro) skeptic.
    Former MMtG staff member.

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post
    Ah - great, no problem then.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourLead and GoldMajesty II CollectionSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    When I last checked it, you couldn't, but you can zoom out significantly more than you could in MMtM.
    MMtM is not a game to comparison (and zoom levels were not moddable). AFAIK latest MMtM was made for Eu3 Heir to the Throne. With Divine Wind expansion, farthest zoom level greatly increased. It seems MMtG will has same with Eu3: DW.

Which is pretty good and all I really want anyways.
    Nationality: Canadian
    Culture: Anglo-Canadian/Mashriqi
    Religion: Sunni
    Ideology: Liberal
    Trade Policy: Free Trade
    Economic Policy: Interventionism
    Religious Policy: Pluralism
    Citizenship Policy: Full Citizenship
    War Policy: Anti-Military

Advocate of Mercantilism jhanso's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

helius if you are saying that there may not be more than one war at a time running on any day, then that is really game breaking. is the game just going to queue wars up to happen date after date? or is it just currently crashing constantly.....

Working hard? Or hardly working.

BL-logic
    Event Scripter
    Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Where did you get that idea? There can be several wars at a time of course.
    We're still flying

Quote Originally Posted by jhanso View Post
    helius if you are saying that there may not be more than one war at a time running on any day, then that is really game breaking. is the game just going to queue wars up to happen date after date? or is it just currently crashing constantly.....

If that were the case, you can be sure we would not be talking about release dates right now.

Helius was only referring to historical wars; while they should be there for all bookmarked dates, starting at a random date may or may not include all the wars that were occurring on that day in real life.

Clausewitz Tools: Clausewitz Save Game and History Editor New! EU4-Compatible v. 0.8.5.1 released 12 October 2013 ||| Clausewitz Map Positions Editor (beta)
    EU2: EU2 Map Positions Editor (alpha) ||| EU2 Event Generator
    Made with EugFile: an open-source Java library for reading and writing files in the Paradox format.

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31b (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Helius View Post

The one thing that may not get done is to have a complete set of active wars at any given date; but there will be on every bookmarked date
    Perhaps I was unclear. Thank you for restating it in a manner that was better understood.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
    ... Helius was only referring to historical wars; while they should be there for all bookmarked dates, starting at a random date may or may not include all the wars that were occurring on that day in real life.
    As one of the people working on this, I can say with certainty that a lot of time was spent here. Helius and the others have been doing as much as is humanly possible to get a more historic/reality based history/start-up for non 1453 games; although nothing will be perfect, they have done a wonderful job getting it as near as possible.

Closed Thread
Page 146 of 154 FirstFirst ... 46 71 96 121 136 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast