Closed Thread
Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 78 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions to the Developers

Will we be able to mod the game and have a user mods sub-forum like current Paradox titles? If so, will that be an actively supported supported, or more of a "mod what you can, but dont expect me to make it easier" kind of deal?

Since Ubik has a reputation for not liking others to change his work, Im just curious how this might translate to a commercial product.

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSword of the StarsMount & Blade: Warband

Quote Originally Posted by danval34 View Post
    To Ubik

Will the MM team develop events series like "For the Glory" ?

No.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourDeus VultHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine

Quote Originally Posted by molace View Post
    I'm glad the game will be awesome. And I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.
    You shouldn't be sorry.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Will AI cheat?
    Will population in provinces be more important?

Ola ubik,

Will there be percentage-style minorities? When will there be screenshots?

Muito obrigado!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by sniedermeier View Post
    Ola ubik,

Will there be percentage-style minorities? When will there be screenshots?

Muito obrigado!

There's a whole lot to be coded on the social front.

Screenshots will be available when I am up to it.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

First I hope this game will become a huge success. I also hope that you will improve the graphics, as the EUIII graphics have become a little too bland if compared with EU: Rome and HoI3 (or even the upcoming Victoria II).

Also I would really like the army garrison option and maybe some more freedom in the peace negotiations would be good as well, especially as the minors.
    The HRE Revised Mod is a Holy Roman Empire and CKII balance mod aimed to stop want to be despot emperors in their tracks

Try the 3.4 version of the Age of Colonialism mod for Victoria II v1.4 beta 26 sept 2011

I want to know if you will handle the slavetrade better than paradox did?

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteFor The GloryVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    500k club

1. Ubik

Will you be able to add more (perhaps many more) tags to the game without it affecting the speed of the game (at least too much) now, with your recoding?

Will you add tags, even if you could?

grazie

Lt. General
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband500k club

Well, I posted these 2 questions in another thread, but it fell back without an answer. I'll repost them here instead of bumping that thread. To follow the format of this thread:

1&2: Ubik: (see below)

First of all, let me give a huge congratulations to Ubik and the MM team on the announcement of their very own game! You guys definetly desverve this after the hundreds (thousands?) of hours that you put into the mod with no compensation. I will buy this game with 100% certainty. However, I do have a couple of questions that I ask utmost respect.

1) Gameplay difficulty: I played Magna Mundi because it was far more realistic (and thus far more difficult) than EU3 vanilla. I imagine that this is the case for pretty much all of the mod's fans. Now that MM is to be a commercial product, will it have the same level of realism/difficulty? I ask because MM the mod has a HUGE learning curve. What I am asking is will MM the game have enough of a market among the hardcore strategy fans or will it be "dumbed down" to appeal to a wider market.

2) Modibility: (I ask this question because I am just starting to teach myself scripting and seriously get involved in modding.) We all know that the excellent modibility of EU3 contributed greatly to the success of MM the mod. I ask if MM the game will have the same modibility as EU3. Also, I know that Ubik was rather strict on not allowing altered MMP files to be posted (very understandable as that policy probobly contributed to the mods overall success). Now that MM is to be a purchased product, however, and assuming that it is able to be modded, will the MM team support modding projects just as they were supported when they were a mod.

Well, those are my long-winded concerns. Thanks for looking

Naval system?

Are you guys gonna fix the naval system (attrition or lack thereof, bad naval AI)? Will there be a greater emphasis on domestic matters? Will population have a significant effect? Thanks. Yes or no answers are great, but explanations are worth their length in gold.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2

In MM to IN there was a option to build improvements, my guess it that something similar remains, but if so will we see fancy buildings if we decide to upgrade the workshop for instance?
    Ägare av en Mr.G kaka .
    - . . - .
    Paradox Forum necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In NomineSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k club
    EUIV: Call to arms event

To 2)
    Modding a game is totally a different thing than modding a mod. It was nothing to do when Ubik said nobody can touch his mod, because is his and he's "an evil man". It's maybe rude, it's maybe selfish, but you can't do anything with it. But if MM becomes a standalone game, everything changes. I don't think Paradox would agree with forbidding modding. I'm not sure this would be Ubik's authority. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Of course, the other way is hardcode everything, then you can't mod the game.

Question:
    Will the map contain (far) more provinces, including Europe and South-America as well, or the provinces mostly remain the same, only the map will be more detailed?
    Last edited by k_merse; 24-01-2010 at 21:53.

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Vikingur View Post
    I want to know if you will handle the slavetrade better than paradox did?
    Differently, yes.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnfire View Post
    1. Ubik

Will you be able to add more (perhaps many more) tags to the game without it affecting the speed of the game (at least too much) now, with your recoding?

Will you add tags, even if you could?

grazie

New tags always weight more in the engine. We are planning to add roughly 10% more tags. We will do so only where the situation warrants it and massively in a single area of the world.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

I take that means more factions/provinces in India yes?

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanSoldier View Post
    First of all, let me give a huge congratulations to Ubik and the MM team on the announcement of their very own game! You guys definetly desverve this after the hundreds (thousands?) of hours that you put into the mod with no compensation.

A good estimate point to some 20000 hours.

1) Gameplay difficulty: I played Magna Mundi because it was far more realistic (and thus far more difficult) than EU3 vanilla. I imagine that this is the case for pretty much all of the mod's fans. Now that MM is to be a commercial product, will it have the same level of realism/difficulty? I ask because MM the mod has a HUGE learning curve. What I am asking is will MM the game have enough of a market among the hardcore strategy fans or will it be "dumbed down" to appeal to a wider market.

Look at me.

Do you think I am going to release a game that is not challenging by my standards? Do you know my standards? Good.

Nobody needs a watered down experience to appeal to a wider market. That's the trick of the lazy and the weak (bundled together with stunning 4D graphics, of course). With quality in the design and acessibility to the game mechanics, the market will find us.

2) Modibility: (I ask this question because I am just starting to teach myself scripting and seriously get involved in modding.) We all know that the excellent modibility of EU3 contributed greatly to the success of MM the mod. I ask if MM the game will have the same modibility as EU3.
    Yes.

Also, I know that Ubik was rather strict on not allowing altered MMP files to be posted (very understandable as that policy probobly contributed to the mods overall success).

Actually, I encouraged everyone to make their own modifications to Magna Mundi Free as long as they don't complain on the forums pertaining weird results/balance. I feel flattered if such modifications are sent between friends or forum members personally. It means what I did has value and I can only understand that nobody will have the same tastes as myself.

What I find distasteful to the extreme is that someone changes parts of the code and publicly releases it. Not that those who did it were able to put an half decent product before both in terms of balance as well as stability of the systems included, but I don't think that is morally correct to do.

Now that MM is to be a purchased product, however, and assuming that it is able to be modded, will the MM team support modding projects just as they were supported when they were a mod.
    I don't know what you mean by support, but if you are talking about a mod forum, surely.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyrm86 View Post
    Are you guys gonna fix the naval system (attrition or lack thereof, bad naval AI)?
    Actually, SillyCon is actually coding the Naval system right now. I cannot gop into further details, but as you may gues, we are going to CHANGE the naval system.

Will there be a greater emphasis on domestic matters? Will population have a significant effect? Thanks.
    Yes.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by theFreeman View Post
    In MM to IN there was a option to build improvements, my guess it that something similar remains, but if so will we see fancy buildings if we decide to upgrade the workshop for instance?
    Magna Mundi building system will have around 100 buildings to build.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

MM Dev Team

Quote Originally Posted by k_merse View Post
    To 2)
    Modding a game is totally a different thing than modding a mod. It was nothing to do when Ubik said nobody can touch his mod, because is his and he's "an evil man". It's maybe rude, it's maybe selfish, but you can't do anything with it.

I was justmaking fun of all of you. Besides, who would be releasing parallel versions of MM free when we are developing them for the foreseeable future? Only someone with very low moral standards.

But if MM becomes a standalone game, everything changes. I don't think Paradox would agree with forbidding modding. I'm not sure this would be Ubik's authority. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I correct you. I could decide that if I so choose.

Question:
    Will the map contain (far) more provinces, including Europe and South-America as well, or the provinces mostly remain the same, only the map will be more detailed?
    Percent wise the map will not include many more provinces.
    == MAGNA MUNDI ==

PAY GOLD,
    SHED BLOOD,
    INSTILL FEAR,
    PROMISE HOPE

HISTORY IS YOURS!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 53 78 103 ... LastLast