• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suppose (and hope) that the Piedmontese flag just isn't still implemented as well as the uniforms :D

The L shaped docks are awful though

I can't believe nobody made the obvious point about this pinnacle of in-game cartography:

Slovenia finally looks like a chicken!

I intend no slander on the noble character of Slovenia. It's just that this is what it looks like in an atlas. What a great way to show how much better the new map is. Thanks OHgamer :cool:

Count me in on a whiter Austria and anchors, not docks, but those are really minor points compared to the overall beauty of the thing.

A chicken? I don't see it, meself.

The problem with the docks, I think, is that they're too bright next to the muted country colours. And the country colours may well be an artefact of attempting to show the terrain through the political map.

Austria seems to be down a few provinces here and there. Wonder who got boosted...

I admit, it's an old joke. In any case it's much closer to the actual of the country, now.

As for Austria's provinces. I miss only Ogulin, which was really useless anyway, but I might not remember all of them. I recall that Clio didn't change the province density in Europe much, which would just about fit with the maps shown so far.

Yup, OHGamer's map is awesome. And yeah, I see a chicken here:

slovenia.jpg

(Murska-Sobota is chicken's head, Koper and Nove Mosto are legs and Mt. Triglav is something like tail part (no idea how to call it in English)

Why are some provinces completely covered in forest right up to the border?
I guess it seems realistic in the amazons or Siberia, but shouldn't most west-central European provinces be somewhat deforested by that time!

The east-west on the compass in mini-map still seems to be reversed.

Otherwise great map

You must have missed the shitstorm that hit HOI3 with 1.1 when province art was not of a single terrain per province. The overwhelming outcry was that functionality trumps style.

Here, at a single glance we can tell what terrain type is every province. Which is as it should be.

As for the military display : I see 4 unit types : Infantry, Naval units, Artillery and HQs.

The political map mode looks a lot better with mountains in it. The only thing you could really see in Vicky I was the capital buildings, are they even in Vicky 2? I'd miss them.

And I see no chicken.

god god! i can actually see the chicken!
The docks dident look good, but i have a theory that they might look better in terrain mapmode. The rest of the map is very nice.

The L shaped docks are awful though

They make Italy look like one of those huge dredging-machines used in mines and quarries :D

194x-GoldDredgingMachine.jpg

EDIT: Murska Sobota... doesn't that mean Chicken Saturday?

Last edited:
oooooooh..this is hot. best looking map?

can't believe that this is still going to look better. with rivers and polishing. can't wait for this.

now i realized how dull plain colored political maps are. and as for capitals, i was hoping they would buildings instead of that red dot.

Last edited:
Nice :) a LOT of provinces... :D

The Adriatic islands (to be specific, their coastline) look a bit blurry, and the island of Brač looks like a peninsula... also, if I might make a suggestion, the province of Karlovac should probably be heavily forested also...

Your province of Karlovac has borders that encompass today's region of "Gorski Kotar", and part of the region of "Lika", this is not important, what is important is how their geography looks like, so here are a few pictures...

to the east:
http://www.apartmani-delnice.com/slike/gorski-kotar.jpg

middle:
http://www.gorskikotar.com/rasta/wp-content/uploads/9.jpg

upper middle
http://www.hrphotocontest.com/data/gallery1/5424/38614.jpg

to the west:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b9/Gorski_Kotar-Risnjak.JPG

Last edited:
For an example: do some of Hungarians live in Slovenia?

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: Historically speaking, Slovenia was a part of Cislethania. Thus, it was not a part of Hungary. Also historically speaking, given that it was all one empire, Magyars were free to live wherever they wanted. And did live in parts of Slovenia. Also parts of Croatia. That's why each province has different pops with different backgrounds, not just one province = one culture ala EU.

What are you going on about? Real borders between Hungary and Slovenia and Croatia and who else, now? It was all one big country at the time, regardless of whatever semantic notes you want to place on the duality of the monarch. The provincial borders look fine to me, and allow for countries subordinated in 1836 to become independent with their borders in the correct locations.

It looks beautiful; certainly the prettiest of the Clausewitz games so far. The interface looks very nice as well.

Now, if only that porthole shield frame was changed to a rectangle....

I like everything, I do.

Really.

I don't wanna complain. I really don't.

OH MY GOD THE FLAG! Why a round flag, why? Why?! *cries* :(

in fact most of the islands in the Split area look a bit strange... the world map is obstructing the view a bit, but the lowest visible island looks like the biggest island in the vicinity (it should be smaller than the other 2 in the same area, a LOT smaller)... I have no knowledge of this structure, and I can see the entire area from my window... :D also the peninsula of Pelješac is barely visible in the map, it should be elongated blabla...

not that it's important in any sense other than aesthetics or absolute geographical accuracy... which is not much for a game on this scale :D

keep up the good work

P.S. I concur with the bad L-shaped docks and with the dark colours of countries, a bit brighter would be a lot better, for the eyes and for the mind ;)