• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
beautiful

It looks great. I'm happy each next Paradox game looks considerably better than previous ones, after all it's easier to stare for months at something that looks appealing to you. (he rule applies to wives and paintings too)

Please make Austria whiter. :)

The map looks like fantastic with the terrain under the political map, and the interface seems very friendly but... I can't see any river! I believe the Pó, Tiber and maybe the Danube, but I can't see none of them. As they are one of the most important factors in battle, it would be interesting to distinguish them clearly.

But don't mind my nitpicking, the game is looking like each time more impressive! The Alps, specially, and the map in general are giving the exactly feel that a Victorian-age game would ask for.

The map looks like fantastic with the terrain under the political map, and the interface seems very friendly but... I can't see any river! I believe the Pó, Tiber and maybe the Danube, but I can't see none of them. As they are one of the most important factors in battle, it would be interesting to distinguish them clearly.

River's aren't implemented yet.

Why are some provinces completely covered in forest right up to the border?
I guess it seems realistic in the amazons or Siberia, but shouldn't most west-central European provinces be somewhat deforested by that time!

The east-west on the compass in mini-map still seems to be reversed.

Otherwise great map

Please make Austria whiter. :)

Brighter country colours all round would be nice, as they look a bit washed-out compared to the rest of the (otherwise fantastic-looking) interface - as would greater contrast between the text and colours (i.e. French provinces seem almost unreadable in the current state).

Why are some provinces completely covered in forest right up to the border?
I guess it seems realistic in the amazons or Siberia, but shouldn't most west-central European provinces be somewhat deforested by that time!

The east-west on the compass in mini-map still seems to be reversed.

Otherwise great map

It was more deforested then that it is today I believe, atleast that was the occasion in Sweden.

Brighter country colours all round would be nice, as they look a bit washed-out compared to the rest of the (otherwise fantastic-looking) interface - as would greater contrast between the text and colours (i.e. French provinces seem almost unreadable in the current state).

I like the colours.

A beautiful map and tulle bar, just one question:
Is it possible to smooth the edges of the map, right now the more detailed areas look a little to choppy.
Also, in the trade screen, which one of them is import and expert? I'd say the red one is import, but I'm not sure....

River's aren't implemented yet.

Will rivers be used purely for æsthetic purposes or will they have some in game effect?

The star might be prestigem artillery might be stored artillery from the world market so it is easier to see, it might also be how many brigades with artillery you currently posses, the star might be prestige?

I would think that a thing like amount of artillery would be a bit too specific a detail to be on the quick overview. My guess is that the cannon and the anchor would be total number of divisions and ships. The soldiers and the flag would be "reserve" manpower and leadership. I guess they use the cannon symbol because they need something symbolizing an army division but which is easily distinguishable from the soldiers of the manpower symbol.

Aosta should be a mountain region. Trent too.

My favourite part of the screenshot would be that it's now possible to actually see the underlying terrain even in political mapmode. Not being able to see terrain and province control simultaneously made warring tedious in V1.