+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Job-Specific Positions open

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Rome GoldSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

New Job-Specific Positions open

We have need of several job-specific positions here at WWM. Volunteers for the following positions would be most welcome to join our staff:

1. Cultural, Religious, and National Researcher: A position for a coder and researcher to enhance the more advanced cultural aspects in HTTT. For instance this person would research, create, and edit advisers (perhaps event create new adviser types like composers, authors, historians, and playwrights if at all possible) and create and edit cultural and religious events and decisions (such as making the build a new palace or create a tapestry decisions to give advances to the province that is the National Focus only; instead of choosing it as many times as you want if you have enough magistrates). They would look up historically famous people of skill and make as many as possible. Could also enhance any religious and national decisions.

2. Naming Researcher: The second job would be for a person to go through each nation's file and advance the naming system-doing research to make sure accurate and variety of names can be given to a nation. Or, in the case of many Native American and Asian factions (especially removing the European names from the Native American factions list), make sure they are given proper native names or even take words from a dictionary to make as words as I did with the Oceania factions. This is an enormous and much needed job.

3. Dynasty and Heir Researcher: A person to research dynasties and important families for both cultures and monarchs. This would entitle each monarch is examined to be given the correct dynasty, a nation has the proper royal marriage connections at specific times, and to investigate the proper placing of heirs. This is also a much needed job.

4. War Researcher: A person to research, create, and edit as many wars as possible along with all relative battles and map changes made during a war. The person doing this job would have to correlate with the rest of us who make province changes. This could much more fully enhance the war system.

5. Positions Adjuster: A person to examine the positions file in the map folder and make sure all ports, cities, province text, units, manufactures, and trade positions are in a proper place and look good.

6. Royal Marriages Researcher: If you don't want to do heirs, dynasties, and rulers you can decide to focus on researching royal marriages between nations, especially in the late game, and create all relative diplomacy code.

We are not currently hiring people for adding factions or provinces, as we have enough of these for the time being (though if you are convincing that can be changed ). Your volunteered time to fill any of the above positions would be most welcome and greatly appreciated. Thank You.
    Last edited by Nukumnehtar; 02-07-2010 at 06:52.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

What type of cultural and religious events are you looking for, in respect to position 1? What do you need the system to be able to do?
    This is a really neat signature.

Well as for new cultural events or decisions go anything like "commission a new symphony; or have a sculpture built; etc." pretty much anything an historical ruler could do to enhance their nation's culture or that of their court. More specific details for each of these would be made available when the volunteer is selected. Just sign up here and I'll give you an example to the applied position for an example of the sort of work will be.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of India

Can put a focus on adding more national/religious decisions for more countries outside Europe?

Yes, those are needed also...probably would go under the Cultural Researcher position.

Since I play in southeast Asia a lot this has bugged me since Vanilla.

The westernmost province in New Guinea is called Irian, but that is a modern name created by Indonesia and it is an acronym, "Ikut Republic of Indonesia, Anti-Netherlands."

A better name for it would be Doberai, or Kepala Burung. (bird's head)
    Nationality: United States
    Religion: Hindu
    Ideology: Liberal
    Issues: Pacifism
    Current Work: Artisan
    Cash Reserves: 10
    Revolt Risk: 0.0
    Militancy: 0
    Consciousness: ∞

MagickaMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordEuropa Universalis IV

Hussitism please?
    When everything else fails, LEG IT!!!

I would be interested in researching additional accurate names for specific cultures and nations.
    The Holy Crusade of Pope Nicolaus V - A Crusade States AAR (- Discontinued due reloading of OS)

I am willing to help research whatever people want but I don't know how to code.

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Valvinar View Post
    I am willing to help research whatever people want but I don't know how to code.
    All we need is research, so you'd be a great help!
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

EU3 CompleteDivine Wind

I could assist as a national/cultural researcher or a war researcher, if needed.

do you have a specific region/time you want me to research?

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'd be happy to help as a naming or culture researcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Itzcolotl View Post
    I'd be happy to help as a naming or culture researcher.
    Do you know how to edit the code, or would you be willing to learn?

Quote Originally Posted by Valvinar View Post
    do you have a specific region/time you want me to research?
    Respond to my pm and I'll get you started.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I know some code, mostly just country and history editing. I dont know how to make decisions or events, but I would be willing to learn. If I could I'd like to focus on the Mesoamerica and North America, but I'd be willing to do any part of the world.

These positions cover world wide historical research, so you can start off wherever you desire. I'll get back to via pm when I am certain which positions are still open.

Private
    Arsenal of DemocracyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneIron CrossSemper FiEuropa Universalis IV

I play the game since the release however I was not active on this forum. I would like to help. I am also not very good at the code but I would really love to look for all this things you need. I might have some trouble with the naming so any other is preferable.

Quote Originally Posted by Itzcolotl View Post
    I know some code, mostly just country and history editing. I dont know how to make decisions or events, but I would be willing to learn. If I could I'd like to focus on the Mesoamerica and North America, but I'd be willing to do any part of the world.
    Make a profile at our off-site forums and I'll get you started.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

I could help with the war research as long as it's as minimal work as possible(like, if I tell you where the battle was fought, between who, who controlled the area afterwards and other relevant information).

Because to be honest I can't code worth a damn, but writing up information in a .txt is easy enough.

I have MASSIVE amounts of free time, so i could do whatever research necessary. I don't have a clue about coding, or anything like that however...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast