• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
1. When you run the converter, does it ask you the locations of your CK and EU3 installations, or does it just figure them out?
2. A better way to get the info in your screenshot: Shift-right-click on the directory holding the converter. Select "Open Command Window Here". In the command window, run the converter.
3. Under Vista and Seven, it's a bad idea to have your Paradox games installed under Program Files. While the games run fine, tools liek this converter can't write to those directories. And since the converter tries to put the converted save in the EU3 save folder, the save game essentially just disappears into the ether.

Sorry it took me so long to respond. Anyway:

1. It asks for the location of the EU III installation, but not the CK one.

2. I'll try that next time.

3. Where should I put them then?

Alright. It looks like it may be autdetecting the location of your CK install incorrectly anyways. You'll probably have to tweak some registry settings, but I'm at my parents' place for awhile and thus can't look up the particulars quite yet.

As for the install locations, I usually just remove the program files part of the path when installing. Thus they'd end up on C:\Paradox Interactive\<name of the game>.

Once the other programmers who've volunteered are up to speed and making changes, I'll feel comfortable leaving it be…

You could also try convincing Ulmont to jump back in. The CK->HttT was just soem modifications to his CK->Eu3 converter, after all.

Thanks for the job well done! I've converted my game without problems. But I have a question - how province buildings are transferred, especially big ones like manufactures and universities? I have a funny pattern - Italy which in CK had universities almost in every county in EU3 has none, but there is university in Scottish Highlands, two in Sweden and some in Norway and Finland - and thats all (maybe one or two more in other unlikely places). All martketplaces are in France as well and only two textile manufactures are in Russia.
It's not much of an issue - more funny then annoying, but I'd like to know what may cause this.

I hadn't ever touched that area of code (and I'll need to when I update this for DW, so it's good I looked), but it looks as if it's distributing a total of 170 buildings according to what they have constructed. I'm not sure what gives one provinces priority over another.

I'm almost finishing my CK game as Provence->Africa->Arles, and I must say this converter works incredibly well. It converts a really huge amount of details, and the income-based priority for provinces is also very welcome to accurately portrait the world that was born in the CK game.
I have a question, though, on how to use the cultural "translation" thing. There are two cathegories of cultures: the ones that are directly equivalent, and others (like german, italian and berber) that "need translation". In your "default configurations" they are always converted to a single culture, though, just like the other ones. How can I put parameters to "refine" such translation? For example, can I put clauses like "if the culture is X and the province is Y or Z or W, it translates into culture X1; otherwise, it's culture X2"? I would like to filter it either by province or by tag - this last alternative, by the way, would be even easier to correctly translate, I think. Or even by region, which would make most sense.

If this part was not fully implemented, I intend to create some events for EU3 to "correct" the wrong cultures in the first weeks of game...

But, again, congratulations for the effort put on this program, the converter is really very nice!

Nice looking converter here, much more detailed then I thought a converter would be when I started looking for one. I do have a question or two though.

1: Will the converter get screwed up if I used The DV improvement pack mod?

2: Perhaps relating to 1, I get this error when I try to run it:

errorhb.png

It does not ask me where the games are, but it does ask me for the save file. Do you perhaps know what is wrong?

I'm almost finishing my CK game as Provence->Africa->Arles, and I must say this converter works incredibly well. It converts a really huge amount of details, and the income-based priority for provinces is also very welcome to accurately portrait the world that was born in the CK game.
I have a question, though, on how to use the cultural "translation" thing. There are two cathegories of cultures: the ones that are directly equivalent, and others (like german, italian and berber) that "need translation". In your "default configurations" they are always converted to a single culture, though, just like the other ones. How can I put parameters to "refine" such translation? For example, can I put clauses like "if the culture is X and the province is Y or Z or W, it translates into culture X1; otherwise, it's culture X2"? I would like to filter it either by province or by tag - this last alternative, by the way, would be even easier to correctly translate, I think. Or even by region, which would make most sense.

If this part was not fully implemented, I intend to create some events for EU3 to "correct" the wrong cultures in the first weeks of game...

But, again, congratulations for the effort put on this program, the converter is really very nice!

Thanks! Much of the detailed work was thanks to Ulmont. I relly just updated his previous CK->EU3 converter to work with HttT. As for the cultures, I'll have to review. I think there's capability for more complex rules. If not, that'd be nice to add (especially if somelike you actually writes the rules for me). Unfortunately, right now, I'm working on the EU3->V2 converter, so it may be awhile before I can check on this one. If you happen to know any java programmers, though, it is all on SourceForge, so anyone can work on it.

Nice looking converter here, much more detailed then I thought a converter would be when I started looking for one. I do have a question or two though.

errorhb.png

It does not ask me where the games are, but it does ask me for the save file. Do you perhaps know what is wrong?

1. Yes. The converter is not designed to work with any mods (though it should just take some updates to the converter rules if someone eventually is willing to do that).

2. You're one of the lucky ones where it's properly autodetecting the install location. As for the error, I'm not quite sure. If you zip up your save and send it to the email address in my signature, I'd be glad to convert it for you, though.

errorhb.png

I'm using the converter over DVIP, and it works quite right. As this mod uses the standard tags and map, there are few to none problems with the converter.

I'm not sure what is causing you error, though. It seems to identify correctly your directory, as it even found your savegames directory.

Thanks! Much of the detailed work was thanks to Ulmont. I relly just updated his previous CK->EU3 converter to work with HttT. As for the cultures, I'll have to review. I think there's capability for more complex rules. If not, that'd be nice to add (especially if somelike you actually writes the rules for me). Unfortunately, right now, I'm working on the EU3->V2 converter, so it may be awhile before I can check on this one. If you happen to know any java programmers, though, it is all on SourceForge, so anyone can work on it.

Oh, right - I myself am, actually, a (quite bad) Java programmer, so I may give a try and look into the source files. I avoided doing so because most "minor" modifications would probably imply in NullPointers, like Criptfeind found, or even more arcane things. But, if these conditionals are already implemented, once I create some "rules" for translations I'll post them here.
The EU3->V2 converter is as important as this one, actually - how is it going? I remember there were some problems with uncolonized provinces and wastelands, do they persist? Oh, and the EU3->V2 converter is currently being made to convert from which EU3? IN, HttT or DW? (I hope it's not the last one, otherwise I'll have... problems when I get there, lol).

Sorry it's taken me so long to come back. I'm currently working on an AAR. I won't need to convert for a while, and hopefully I'll figure out what's wrong with the converter before then.

Also, I'm confused. Does the mod work with DVIP or not? I've see two different answers on this thread.

Sorry it's taken me so long to come back. I'm currently working on an AAR. I won't need to convert for a while, and hopefully I'll figure out what's wrong with the converter before then.

Also, I'm confused. Does the mod work with DVIP or not? I've see two different answers on this thread.

As far as I understood, this converter does not support the convertion of mods (ie there's no guarantee), but it can be possible, if there's no conflict between both. I'm using DVIP and the converter is working, for example.
As DVIP keeps the map, the traits and the tags or original DV, there are no strong reasons for incompatibility.

"Failed to load main-class manifest attribute from ck2httt.jar" when i try to launch it manually thru cmd..
When i try to use .bat file,it does everything ok,but doesn't give me the save..

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\CK2HttT 1.1.0>java -Xms1000m -Xmx1000m -jar CK2HTTT.jar "C:\Games\Crusader Ki
ngs" "C:\Games\Europa Universalis III" Croatia EU3 Convert.eug
Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
CK2HTTT.jar

C:\CK2HttT 1.1.0>

I get this error also when trying to convert manually with cmd window. As with Skrylius, whenever I use .bat file it runs then get nothing saved.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\CK2HttT 1.1.0>java -Xms1000m -Xmx1000m -jar CK2HTTT.jar "C:\Games\Crusader Ki
ngs" "C:\Games\Europa Universalis III" Croatia EU3 Convert.eug
Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
CK2HTTT.jar

C:\CK2HttT 1.1.0>

I get this error also when trying to convert manually with cmd window. As with Skrylius, whenever I use .bat file it runs then get nothing saved.

I think it has to do something with directory where Eu3 is installed..
In ckmod.txt it doesn't give me any error,so i decided to search my whole hdd for that save,but i didin't found anything..