• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you.

I've heard requests for a review of the provincial conversion list. I'm doing that right now, little by little. At the moment I'm doing England. The CK map is strange. Some provinces seem to be in the wrong place.

Right, so the British Isles are done. Now, would anyone care to help out a bit? I'm about to start with the Low Countries.

You, sir, are my hero right now. I've tried my hand at reviewing that list before, and I wasn't much good at it. Is there any kind of trick to that work, or just switching between the games and a good eye? If there is a trick, I may well be able to help out (though I'm moving right now and bound to have little free time).

Also, you may want to pull out the conversion lists from the old save converter (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347425) or the old mod converter (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7480125) instead of the one I had. I'm pretty sure I destroyed the backwards compatibility with IN while I was at it (and possibly merged everything incorrectly, which could be what you see in the British Isles). The big thing is, if you can find map particulars that differ between IN and HttT, then we can put back in backwards compatibility if we want.

You, sir, are my hero right now. I've tried my hand at reviewing that list before, and I wasn't much good at it. Is there any kind of trick to that work, or just switching between the games and a good eye? If there is a trick, I may well be able to help out (though I'm moving right now and bound to have little free time).

Also, you may want to pull out the conversion lists from the old save converter (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=347425) or the old mod converter (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7480125) instead of the one I had. I'm pretty sure I destroyed the backwards compatibility with IN while I was at it (and possibly merged everything incorrectly, which could be what you see in the British Isles). The big thing is, if you can find map particulars that differ between IN and HttT, then we can put back in backwards compatibility if we want.

Whoa, one thing at a time, please. The job is boring enough as it is.

I use two merged maps over CK and EU3 so that I can see both province borders at once. Then I compare province names and look up historical provinces. Britain is reasonably easy, I think I only changed one or two provincial assignments there (Westmorland, for instance). It's probably because the county system is so old there. Other places are harder. I get the sense that several CK provinces are based around sometimes rather obscure castles and that they occasionally are way off mark.

Last edited:
Code:
province = {
	HttT = {
        use = { type=stand_alone }
	    convert = {
		    370 = {
		        ck = {1 }
		        } 
		    371 = {
		        ck = {2 }
		        } 
		    372 = {
		        ck = {5 4 3 }
		        prefered = {tyr }
		        culture=irish 
		        name=tyrone 
		        } 
		    376 = {
		        ck = {9 8 7 }
		        prefered = {cnn }
		        culture=irish 
		        name=connacht 
		        } 
		    373 = {
		        ck = {11 10 }
		        prefered = {IRE }
		        culture=irish 
		        name=Ireland 
		        } 
		    374 = {
		        ck = {16 12 }
		        prefered = {lei }
		        culture=irish 
		        name=leinster 
		        } 
		    375 = {
		        ck = {15 14 13 }
		        prefered = {mns }
		        culture=irish 
		        name=munster 
		        } 
				#BRITAIN
		    240 = {
		        ck = {67 66 17 } # ok
		        } 
		    241 = {
		        ck = {20 19 18 } # ok
		        } 
		    239 = {
		        ck = {32 21 } # ok
		        } 
		    237 = {
		        ck = {69 68 22 } # ok
		        } 
		    234 = {
		        ck = {27 26 23 } # ok
		        } 
		    236 = {
		        ck = {72 24 } # ok
		        prefered = {eng gbr}
		        culture=english 
		        name=england 
		        } 
		    235 = {
		        ck = {73 25 } # ok
		        } 
		    233 = {
		        ck = {31 30 29 28 } # ok
		        prefered = {CRN }
		        culture=english 
		        name=Cornwall 
		        } 
		    253 = {
		        ck = {33 35 } # ok
		        } 
		    369 = {
		        ck = {34 36 } # ok
		        } 
		    252 = {
		        ck = {45 40 39 38 37 } # ok
		        } 
		    251 = {
		        ck = {43 42 41 } # ok
		        } 
		    250 = {
		        ck = {47 46 44 } # ok
		        } 
		    248 = {
		        ck = {51 48 } # ok
		        prefered = {sco }
		        culture=lowland_scottish 
		        name=scotland 
		        } 
		    249 = {
		        ck = {50 49 } # ok
		        } 
		    246 = {
		        ck = {52 } # ok
		        prefered = {NOL }
		        culture=english 
		        name=Northumberland 
		        } 
		    247 = {
		        ck = { 55 54 53 } # ok
		        } 
		    244 = {
		        ck = {59 58 } # ok 55 Westmorland moved to 247 Cumbria
		        prefered = {LAN }
		        culture=english 
		        name=Lancaster 
		        } 
		    245 = {
		        ck = {57 56 } # ok
		        prefered = {yor }
		        culture=english 
		        name=york 
		        } 
		    242 = {
		        ck = {65 64 60 } # ok
		        prefered = {WLS }
		        culture=welsh 
		        name=Wales 
		        } 
		    243 = {
		        ck = {63 62 61 } # ok
		        } 
		    238 = {
		        ck = {71 70 } # ok
		        }

Right, finished the Low Countries apart from Valenciennes, which is a tough one. The above code is the British Isles plus Iceland and the Atlantic isles.

Now doing France. It's a handful, let me tell you.

EDIT: The area around and northeast of Paris is a mess. It's almost impossible to solve without at least one EU province being left without its own CK province. The old conversion map solved it by allowing CK Hainaut to provide for two EU provinces, but I prefer to have the converter give each EU province its own CK parent, (EDIT2:) but since historically, Valenciennes was a part of the county of Hainaut, it's probably the least bad option.

Right now, this means that CK Amiens will end up in wrong EU3 province. If not, the map doesn't fit.

Last edited:
Save File : C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings\scenarios\save games\County D'Anjou.eug
Converting for Heir to the Throne
georgian culture was not found for EU3
java.lang.IllegalStateException
at utils.Check.checkFatal(Check.java:9)
at rules.CultureCvRules.load(CultureCvRules.java:177)
at utils.FieldSet.put(FieldSet.java:32)
at utils.FieldSet.load(FieldSet.java:51)
at utils.FieldSet.load(FieldSet.java:20)
at utils.FieldSet$FieldSetSection.replace(FieldSet.java:70)
at utils.OptionSection$OptionResult.load(OptionSection.java:128)
at utils.OptionSection.load(OptionSection.java:172)
at utils.FieldSet.loadOptionSection(FieldSet.java:75)
at rules.CultureCvRules.loadCultures(CultureCvRules.java:164)
at rules.CultureCvRules.load(CultureCvRules.java:159)
at rules.MergeRules.load(MergeRules.java:132)
at CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:64)

What should I do?

I get the sense that several CK provinces are based around sometimes rather obscure castles and that they occasionally are way off mark.

Actually, I think it might be because CK's provinces are largely built to correspond to EU2's provinces. Obviously, the maps have changed quite a bit between 2 and 3.

Does this work with DVIP?

No, it does not.

Not currently. We're working on it.

In dynasties.txt, there's a line that should read
dynasty = "von Hannover"
but is missing the equals sign. The fixes zip should correct all of those issues.

Also, you obviously aren't running the latest EU3 patch (because you got that far with the converter). :-D

I'm hoping to get the converter fixed soon (I think I know what needs to be done, but it's annoying grunt work, and I don't have the scripting chops to automate it), but I'm busy tonight and Vicky2 demo tomorrow…

Georgian Culture problem too :D
So is there any posibility to fix this problem, i have Windows 7 on my PC but also Vista on Laptop, is this a special Win 7 Problem ? If not so i could install EU 3 and CK on Laptop an try converting from there...is it normally, that i just open the CK2Httt.jar then i take the *.eug thats all ? then i have the prob in the ckmod.log ?

Edit : So i tried but the same with Vista..hmm what now ? Just waiting until you found the error...:(

Last edited:
It's the latest patch. That, and java not liking special characters (in particular, the 'é' in "Téllez-Girón" is doing it, but I'm sure more will do so).

What's tricky is that I'm pretty sure I have to convert the entire source so I can tell java to interpret things differently. And I have to do it file-by-file, because I'm not so good at the linux-fu/script-fu. :(

Version 1.1.0 is now released, fixing the Georgian Culture Bug!

The instructions at the start of this thread have been updated, along with the download thread. No more need for the fixes.zip, either. Have fun, all!