• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I had the same "disappearing file" problem. It sucks that there is no working DV->EU3 converter except for Yvesps, but that works only up to IN. Why doesn't Paradox develop its own converters? I think that it it would be a boon to sales of CK, EU3, Victoria and HOI if people could continue from one game into another, go 900 years. Just my 2 cents.

Too much time and effort, not enough ROI.

I know this will likely fall on deaf ears, but...I got it to work. In a manner of speaking.

I installed EU3 in a folder on my desktop. I launched the converter, launched EU3, and there was the converted CK game.

I was psyched..for about two minutes.

There is no income.

NO country is earning ANYTHING. EVERY country has debts, but absolutely no income whatsoever. :(

Hmmm…I find in general it helps to load the converted save, save, resign, then load the save you made. It clears up a lot of weird things.

Hmmm…I find in general it helps to load the converted save, save, resign, then load the save you made. It clears up a lot of weird things.

Didn't work :(

Can you upload your converted save? Also, what version of EU3 are you running (including patch)?

I just reinstalled so it's the latest HTTT (4.1b patch).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q17KQJEQ

OK, I'll admit that it's an "early" conversion (1327) just to see if the converter works, but would converting early cause such a grievous problem like no income?

I noticed that the initial converted file "starts" the player as a Rebel before the player selects a specific country. Could the "no income" issue be tied to that?

Last edited:
No, the starting as a rebel nation is to allow you to pick which nation to play as.

And if you run the game, the no income resolves itself at the end of the month. Really, everything is fine, but the tooltips don't figure it out at first.

What improvements in a CK game translate into improvements in the EU3 conversion? What has to be built / researched etc. in CK province so it will have a Marketplace or a Courthouse or a Manufactory etc. in EU3?

Mostly, province improvements give you greater province base tax, manpower, and population. Though castles determine your fort:
Code:
#	RUC - don't add anything here, the non-fort ones will be done automatically
	improvements = {
		fort1 = { B_large_castle=1 B_medium_castle=60 }
		fort2 = { B_huge_castle=70 }
	}
}
What that means is, to get a fort 1, you have to either have a large castle in the source provinces, or 60% of the source provinces must have a medium castle. To get a fort 2, 70% of the source provinces must have a huge castle.

As for other buildings, somewhere in the source code, there's a section that distributes a fixed number of manufacturies according to some criteria or another. I don't really understand that section. :-/

Hey guys ive had crap luck using this converter for any save games - I think it might be Windows 7? Is this an issue for writing safe files? in the log i get a pile of these however?

analysis failed : END(line:1) END(line:1) END(line:1) END(line:1)

analysis failed : END(line:1) END(line:1) END(line:1) END(line:1)

Mostly, province improvements give you greater province base tax, manpower, and population. Though castles determine your fort:
Code:
#	RUC - don't add anything here, the non-fort ones will be done automatically
	improvements = {
		fort1 = { B_large_castle=1 B_medium_castle=60 }
		fort2 = { B_huge_castle=70 }
	}
}
What that means is, to get a fort 1, you have to either have a large castle in the source provinces, or 60% of the source provinces must have a medium castle. To get a fort 2, 70% of the source provinces must have a huge castle.

As for other buildings, somewhere in the source code, there's a section that distributes a fixed number of manufacturies according to some criteria or another. I don't really understand that section. :-/

I experimented with converting my CK game a few months ago and again today (saves from the years 1327 and 1361 respectfully.) I seem to remember getting a University and a Refinery in 1327 but now I just have a Textile Mill. Is the probability of getting a manufactory based on Ulmont's coding? Do I need to look there to figure out the probability, or can I also find it in this converter?

The buildings are determined by some java code, it's not in the config file. I was never able to get an understanding of what's going on.