• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
acttuly, you'd be suprised, (as I was) I'm playing full vanilla with minor changes (like the fact that a single charcater was changed from Orthodox to Catholic) (that was the only change)

I later cheack out, there was nothing this U019, had no flag, no place, only a single province, so I just changed the save file from U019 to C594, that solved that problem, but a new one arose, (for no good reason might I add) ( I should point out, the files he's speaking off (after thourghlt cheacking all my files) are History, if I delete the annoying lines, it just finds a diffrent one, in History, there is nothing to point out whats wrong with these lines unlike the lines before it):

analysis failed : TOKEN (dynasty, line:97) TOKEN ("von Hannover", line:97)
TOKEN
(adm, line:98) EQUAL(line:98)
}
}

1716.1.1 = {
monarch = {
name = "Ernest Augustus"
dynasty "von Hannover"
adm = 3
dip = 4
mil = 4
}
}

1728.1.1 = {
monarch = {
name = "Richard VI"
dynasty "vo
unable to load EU3 country YOR
java.lang.NullPointerException
at eu3.EU3Country.<init>(EU3Country.java:380)
at eu3.EU3Country.get(EU3Country.java:352)
at cv.CvCountry.getAllTags(CvCountry.java:438)
at CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:78)

It's like pain all over the way.
I have the same problem after applying the fixes. I couln't get from your posts what to do. Anyone an idea?

This is the end of the ckmod.log file:
Code:
assigned tag SIL to SMAL
analysis failed : TOKEN (dynasty, line:97) TOKEN ("von Hannover", line:97) TOKEN (adm, line:98) EQUAL(line:98)
	}
}

1716.1.1 = {
	monarch = {
		name = "Ernest Augustus"
		dynasty "von Hannover"
		adm = 3
		dip = 4
		mil = 4
	}
}

1728.1.1 = {
	monarch = {
		name = "Richard VI"
		dynasty "vounable to load EU3 country YOR

Is there a way to convert a game from CKDV to EU3 Inn Nomine?

Any help would be very helpful.

This is the error message found at the end of the ckmod.log file,

Code:
assigned tag SWI to VALE
analysis failed : CLOSE(line:59) TOKEN (1432.1.1, line:61) EQUAL(line:61) OPEN(line:61)
 = 1409.1.1
	death_date = 1448.1.1
	claim = 95
	adm = 5
	dip = 5
	mil = 5
	}
}

1432.1.1 = {
	monarch = {
		name = "Ilias I"
		dynasty = "Musat"
		adm = 5
		dip = 5
		mil = 3
	}
}

I would like to know what is causing the error and how I can fix it.

Future2063, sorry for the (very) slow reply. That's an odd error. Would you mind emailing me you save game so I can investigate it further?

I have no idea what's causing my conversion attempts to always fail. I tried yvesp's CK to IN, and it allows me to select a CK save, but then nothing. Same with this one. Yvesp was able to convert an old save a few months ago, but I have no idea what is preventing me from doing it. :(

Sounds like some kind of a configuration issue rather than a save game problem. And it's no surprise that both would do the same, as they're mostly the same code.
Try running the converter from a command prompt. That should allow you to see any error messages. Share them here and we can help.

Also, which OS are you running, and where did you install CK and EU3?

Sounds like some kind of a configuration issue rather than a save game problem. And it's no surprise that both would do the same, as they're mostly the same code.
Try running the converter from a command prompt. That should allow you to see any error messages. Share them here and we can help.

Also, which OS are you running, and where did you install CK and EU3?

Vista. Both are on my F drive. I'm a bit rusty with DOS commands, but I'll try and do the command prompt thing.

Crusader Kings to Europa Universalis III converter v1.0.0 SDM

Save File : C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Rus_1284_September_1.eug
Converting for Heir to the Throne
LOADING FILE

(There seems to be no way to change the default savegame directory in the converter, and trying to transfer a save doesn't help.)

:(

That's the problem. Ulmont can pipe in with the exact details, but the problem is that CK has a very large number of tags (for counts/dukes/kings), and EU3 has a much smaller. Sometimes the converter wants to make more EU3 countries than is possible. I'm not really sure if there's a solution, unfortunately.

What if you just add more countries to the countries to the game by modding more in? Would that solve the problem?

No need to run command prompt, just open ckmod.log in your CK2HTttT folder.

That's what I did, and I copied the results in my post. I don't know what's causing the problem with the conversion.

Alright, I'm trying to use this, but keep getting an error. I installed the fixes, and finally got java to work, but no idea what I need to do here. here's the error, from ckmod.txt:

Save File : C:\STUFF\save games\Kingdom of Castille_1399_January_11.eug
georgian culture was not found for EU3
java.lang.IllegalStateException
at utils.Check.checkFatal(Check.java:9)
at rules.CultureCvRules.load(CultureCvRules.java:177)
at utils.FieldSet.put(FieldSet.java:32)
at utils.FieldSet.load(FieldSet.java:51)
at utils.FieldSet.load(FieldSet.java:20)
at utils.FieldSet$FieldSetSection.replace(FieldSet.java:70)
at utils.OptionSection$OptionResult.load(OptionSection.java:128)
at utils.OptionSection.load(OptionSection.java:172)
at utils.FieldSet.loadOptionSection(FieldSet.java:75)
at rules.CultureCvRules.loadCultures(CultureCvRules.java:164)
at rules.CultureCvRules.load(CultureCvRules.java:159)
at rules.MergeRules.load(MergeRules.java:132)
at CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:64)

So.... how do I find Georgia? It's in cultures, when I checked, under byzantine.

Save File : C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\scenarios\save games\Kingdom of Rus_1284_September_1.eug
LOADING FILE

(There seems to be no way to change the default savegame directory in the converter, and trying to transfer a save doesn't help.)

:(

It needs to see the correct directory no matter what to run. If it's not asking you where everything is installed, then it must be successfully seeing it in your registry, but getting the wrong data.

The automatic way to fix that would be to fully uninstall and then reinstall both CK and EU3. Make sure to back up your save files first. Or if you feel adventurous, check your registry in the following locations and try pointing things to the right place:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Crusaders.exe\path
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\eu3.exe\path
HKLM\Software\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\path
HKLM\Software\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings\path
HKLM\Software\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\

It's probably a good idea to back up before that as well. I have no idea what changing those entries might do to the installed games (probably nothing, but still).

What if you just add more countries to the countries to the game by modding more in? Would that solve the problem?

I believe so. The tags would also have to be added to the converter rules. I'd rather not do that to the converter as it stands (I'd like for it to convert to an unmodded HttT be default), but if you or anyone else feels up to creating a mod version, I'm all for it!

Alright, I'm trying to use this, but keep getting an error. I installed the fixes, and finally got java to work, but no idea what I need to do here. here's the error, from ckmod.txt:

So.... how do I find Georgia? It's in cultures, when I checked, under byzantine.

That's…grrr…
That was the initial problem I had to solve in updating the converter. It's choking on the 'á's and 'ó's in the west slavic dynasty names.
It's weird that it would come back. My only initial guess is that you're running a non-english version of windows or a language pack on an english version, except I would think other people had done that by now.

I'll ponder this a bit and see if I can think of anything else. Sorry to not have an immediate solution. In the meanwhile, if you email me your savegame, I'll convert it for you.