• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm running Windows 7 english, and I assume it's an english version, since it came on the laptop, and I have had no reason to expect it to be a different version.

E-mail sent. Cheers for converting it for me.

Just a small fix I'd like to point out:

In the culture section, abghazian is converted to byzantine = georgian.. well, it's a little weird, so maybe it should conver to this?

abghazian = { default = { turko_semitic = berber } }

Also, I was wondering if the converted is able to differentiate between different countries and their seperate german cultures. For instance, Austria is german in CK, but does get converted into austrian in EU3. Just curious.

An odd thing that happened with my save: unit morales had been seperated by "," instead of ".", resulting in a crash when clicking an army. "morale = 2,640" etc. Thankfully, this was easy to fix.

Re: cultures

I wouldn't be surprised there's some wackiness in the cultures list. I never reviewed it. As for Seperating the Garman cultures out, it'd be nice, but it's not in the converter engine at the moment. For cultures, they can only be determined by cultures. Thus, for now, all Germans are Bavarians.

That might be interesting to update in the future, but for now I'm trying to update the provence mapping to the HttT changes (France and Russia, mostly).

As for Seperating the Garman cultures out, it'd be nice, but it's not in the converter engine at the moment. For cultures, they can only be determined by cultures. Thus, for now, all Germans are Bavarians.

Well, you can do slightly better, but you have to check whether or not a province culture was converted during the game.

If a province was not converted during CK, you can just take the more specific EU3 default culture.

You still end up having to use a default culture whereever a province was converted during the game, though, so the results are a bit wonky.

Problem with cultures

When I converted my finished CK game I got the same georgian culture error when I tried to convert. I replaced the first line in the cultures part of the cvdata file using the suggested fix by replacing the culture with the berber culture but then I got the same type of error that I had with the georgian culture.

Well, that's enough people seeing it that I'm going to have to assume I did something wrong.

Unfortunately, I don't really know Java, and thus am not sure what I did wrong. If any actual Java programmers want to give me some advice, I'd appreciate it.

Yeah... having the Georgian culture problem as well...
I used to Java back in the day, I'd be glad to help if you'd like. I don't think you published your source code though, so I can offer no "pre-emptive" insight on it =)

Btw, since it first failed in my portuguese Windows 7 install I tried installing everything in my work us-english XP machine... and still got the very same problem =)

PPS: I don't think that, as it stands, the converter maintains the Kingdom of Jerusalem as it is and instead turns it into Cyprus. Ht3 has a KoJ tag and flag... don't know if it would cause any weirdness with the events that trigger KoJ creation though... don't think so anyway.

Last edited:
Another one with the Georgian culture problem here.

Maybe we should form a group - we could call ourselves the Culture Club...

Sorry... that was shockingly bad. :eek:o

Maybe we should form a group - we could call ourselves the Culture Club...

Well... I look terrible in makeup.... we wouldn't want to see that... :rofl:

Anyway... I tried PM'ing Idhrendur to see if he would point me towards the code but he must be busy. If anyone else has access to the code and would like some help with this pesky issue just drop me a line here.

Sorry, it has been rather busy around here as of late!

If you PM me an email address I'll send you the code.

In the meanwhile, anyone who has this bug can feel free to email me your save game and I'll convert it for you.

In the OP it says to use the December 4.1 beta. I understand bug fixing takes time, but I wonder if you have some idea when the mod will be updated to suit the latest beta patch.

That said, thanks for your dedication and effort.

Well in general terms, sometime after I realize there's been a new beta patch (doh!).

The good news is, I'm now looking into it. The bad news is, I'm certain that I'm about to replicate the Georgian culture bug. And life is pretty busy right now.

I'll try and post a better estimate when I can. And thanks for making me aware of the patch!

This is my error :(

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at ck.Dynasty$DynastyData.access$000(Dynasty.java:61)
at ck.Dynasty.getDynastyName(Dynasty.java:58)
at cv.CvAdvisors.calcEU3Advisors(CvAdvisors.java:51)
at CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:84)

can you help plssss?:D

This is my error :(

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
at ck.Dynasty$DynastyData.access$000(Dynasty.java:61)
at ck.Dynasty.getDynastyName(Dynasty.java:58)
at cv.CvAdvisors.calcEU3Advisors(CvAdvisors.java:51)
at CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:84)

can you help plssss?:D

I'm quite willing to help, but we'll see if I can. ;)

Let's see. Basics first: which versions of CK/CK:DV and HttT are you running?

And to the best of your knowledge, has your CK game ever had the dynasties list modded?

Hey guys.

Just to let you know that Idhrendur and I have set up a sourceforge project for the converter. Apart from setting the account up Idhrendur has done all the work so far, but I fully intend to pull my own weight in this project soon.

Just so you know: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck2httt/

Cheers!

Thank you.

I've heard requests for a review of the provincial conversion list. I'm doing that right now, little by little. At the moment I'm doing England. The CK map is strange. Some provinces seem to be in the wrong place.