• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Idhrendur

Keeper of the Converters
108 Badges
Feb 27, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Sengoku
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
Name: CK To HttT Save Game Converter
Description: What is says on the box
Get it here.

Instructions :

You will need to install the 4.1 beta patch.

(copied from Ulmont's thread (copied from Yvesp's thread))
First, you have to have a java JRE version 1.6 or better installed.

If you already have this, you can skip this step. Otherwise, go there and select Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6; follow the instruction to install it.

You can (this is not required) check that the java runtime is correctly installed by using a command window and typing: java -version.
You should get some meaningful text, including java version number which must be equal to or greater than 1.6.

At this point, you can translate your save in a mod by using the bat file provided:
* CK2HttT.bat to translate your CK game into a HttT EU3 save

In both cases, you will see some file selectors pop-up. Depending on your installation, you may be asked for:
* Crusader Kings install directory
* Europa Universalis III directory
* Crusader Kings save game to convert

The first two may or may not be asked, depending on what the program can get from your registry.

Canceling at any point will abort the conversion process.

If all went well, a new save named CK_Converted has been created in your EU3 game; you have to select it to play your converted CK game.

If for some reason the above doesn't work, you may still resort to the old line command way.
Many people get stuck there, so read carefully:

Open a command window. If you're under windows, the easiest way is to use Start -> Execute and enter cmd there.

You first have to set the current directory to where you unzipped the utility. The command you'll have to pass requires that you know where (full path) your games are installed. This is what I call CKinstallPath and EU3installPath.
In my case, I would replace these by "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings" and "C:\Program Files\Paradox\Europa Universalis III" (note the quotes which are required when there are spaces in the name). Of course, you have to know the name of the game to transfer. Say this is autosave. Then, you'd write on the command line:

java -Xms1000m -Xmx1000m -jar CK2HTTT.jar "C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings" "C:\Program Files\Paradox\Europa Universalis III" autosave.eug

The most common mistakes for this not to work can be:

* The java environment is not correctly installed ; open a command window and write: java -version. This should return the current version of your java environment (1.6 or more); more important :if that command works, your java runtime is accessible.
* One of the games is not installed: both games must actually be installed because I use data files from both. Just making a fake directory hierarchy will not work.
* You have not unpacked all the required files: it is important that the CK2HTTT.jar and the .txt files be in the same directory. This directory is wherever you want.
* You did not pass the command from the directory where you unpacked the CK2HTTT.jar and cvdata.txt files. For example, if you unpack these into C:\tmp, then after you open the command shell, you must write :
C:
cd \tmp
to be in the right directory.
* Check that the names you use are the correct ones; a typo will not be detected and will just tell you that a file was not found... So check and recheck both paths (EU3 and CK); to be sure, write the full path to the directories rather than relative paths; also check the name of your save and don't forget the .eug at the end. Be sure that it exists and go in your CK\scenarios\save games directory to check that it exists.
* Be wary of spaces in the directory/file names: use quotes around any name that contains spaces (see my example above)
* This is a save file. Just load it as a normal EU3 save.

Hope this was clear!

VERSION HISTORY:

* 1.0.0: Created from CK2EU3 1.30
* 1.1.0: Fixed for patch 4.1 beta

Last edited:
Note that there's still a lot of work to be done on this. See the header of cvdata.txt for details.

If anyone feels like doing some of the tough review (cultures, country tags, province mappings), I will gladly fold your work into the next version (with credit given).

Odd lil' error...

title was not found for U019
java.lang.IllegalStateException
at utils.Check.checkFatal(Check.java:9)
at ck.Country.load(Country.java:126)
at utils.FieldSet.put(FieldSet.java:32)
at utils.FieldSet.load(FieldSet.java:51)
at utils.FieldSet.load(FieldSet.java:20)
at utils.FieldSet.load(FieldSet.java:16)
at ck.Country.loadAll(Country.java:80)
at ck.Analyzer.<init>(Analyzer.java:44)
at ck.Analyzer.loadAnalyzer(Analyzer.java:109)
at CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:68)

The first of many, I'm sure.

I think I know what it's doing there, but I need a little more information.

What CK version are you running? Any mods?
Also, can you email me your save file?

----------------
Stephen May
idhrendur@hotmail.com

Hmmm... Letting clock run up a few years cured that trouble. There's another one now.

The files from Fixes.zip seem to be corrupt. The Yorkist Monarch Ernst Augustus von Hannover and all subsequent descendants seem to not want to exist.

Doh! I put the originals in there, not the fixed ones. I've gone and put a new set in a reply to the upload thread.

Hmmmm hoisted myself on my own Anglia Universalis blobbing petard.

There being no Culturally non-English provinces from the CK game area, I can't release piles of vassals to jack up my stats as head of the HRE.

How does the game determine what cultures can be released as Vassals?

I believe it's determined by provinces which you hold and which are considered core by non-you nations.

And if I understand the pre-existing codebase for the converter, then the only time where a converted province has multiple cores is when multiple CK counties controlled by what will be independent nations are combined into a single EU3 county.

In short, you want to release tons of vassals, you'll probably have to edit your EU3 save file.

And if I understand the pre-existing codebase for the converter, then the only time where a converted province has multiple cores is when multiple CK counties controlled by what will be independent nations are combined into a single EU3 county.

That's accurate. You could go through and add claims as cores, but by the end of the game practically every ruler has claims on the rest of the map, so that would be a little ridiculous for my tastes.

NM. It's just random infertility.

The only other oddity I find is that the growth rate of individual provinces is always 50xx%. Can't seem to find that in the save file, ergo it must be a paradox bug...?

Uploaded Fixes3 (I missed one equals sign).

I would have loved to have imported heirs, but it looks like a lot of work. Some basic groundwork is laid, but I suspect the rest may be beyond me.

And it looks like city sizes are updated at the beginning of each decade. I'm guessing growth rates would be done at the same time, because I also don't see that value in a normal HttT save.

I'm having a major issue converting and I have no idea how to fix it. Luckily I grabbed a screen shot of the issue. Any help would be much appreciated.

Issuewithconverter.png

Sorry for the slow reply, I neglected to check the forum all weekend.

Hmmm…
As a sanity check to start out, can you check that your CK install really has province.csv at C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\db\ ?
Most people would have it at C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\db\

Also, it looks as if you're running Vista, and Vista does some funny business with things installed under Program Files (though I see your save is entirely elsewhere, probably a smart move).

I'm actually using Windows 7, but I don't know if that matters.

My db is at C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\db\, but for some reason the converter won't let me select where my my CK folder and EU3 folder are and I don't know how to change that.

My db is at C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\db\, but for some reason the converter won't let me select where my my CK folder and EU3 folder are and I don't know how to change that.

The converter should read your system registry first and only ask you to select if the registry entry is not found. Otherwise, you should be able to select both pieces on the command line.

Ew, you're probably getting to be the one to find all the troubles with Windows 7.

Ulmont is correct, the converter will look at your registry first.
Try checking that
\HKLM\\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Crusaders.exe\
and
\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\eu3.exe\
are pointing to the right places. If either doesn't exist, check
\HKLM\Software\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\
and
\HKLM\Software\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\
If the CK one doesn't exist, try
\HKLM\Software\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings\