+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: CK To HttT Save Game Converter

A Game of DwarvesArsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpire
    Lead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2
    March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesV2 BetaPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

I'm running Windows 7 english, and I assume it's an english version, since it came on the laptop, and I have had no reason to expect it to be a different version.

E-mail sent. Cheers for converting it for me.
    The Little Unciv that Could - A Let's Play AAR of Heart of Darkness as Japan (Featured in AARlander Edition 8)
    Let Europe Burn! - A Norse Let's Play AAR of The Old Gods

A Game of DwarvesCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Just a small fix I'd like to point out:

In the culture section, abghazian is converted to byzantine = georgian.. well, it's a little weird, so maybe it should conver to this?

abghazian = { default = { turko_semitic = berber } }

Also, I was wondering if the converted is able to differentiate between different countries and their seperate german cultures. For instance, Austria is german in CK, but does get converted into austrian in EU3. Just curious.
    Alec Xender
    ~Spishyak of the Third Millenium
    ~Seeker of the Golden Platypus

An odd thing that happened with my save: unit morales had been seperated by "," instead of ".", resulting in a crash when clicking an army. "morale = 2,640" etc. Thankfully, this was easy to fix.

Keeper of the Converters Idhrendur's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Re: cultures

I wouldn't be surprised there's some wackiness in the cultures list. I never reviewed it. As for Seperating the Garman cultures out, it'd be nice, but it's not in the converter engine at the moment. For cultures, they can only be determined by cultures. Thus, for now, all Germans are Bavarians.

That might be interesting to update in the future, but for now I'm trying to update the provence mapping to the HttT changes (France and Russia, mostly).
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    The Empire Strikes Back: A Byzantine Megacampaign: Part 1 | Part 2
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacy
    Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Quote Originally Posted by Idhrendur View Post
    As for Seperating the Garman cultures out, it'd be nice, but it's not in the converter engine at the moment. For cultures, they can only be determined by cultures. Thus, for now, all Germans are Bavarians.
    Well, you can do slightly better, but you have to check whether or not a province culture was converted during the game.

If a province was not converted during CK, you can just take the more specific EU3 default culture.

You still end up having to use a default culture whereever a province was converted during the game, though, so the results are a bit wonky.

Problem with cultures

When I converted my finished CK game I got the same georgian culture error when I tried to convert. I replaced the first line in the cultures part of the cvdata file using the suggested fix by replacing the culture with the berber culture but then I got the same type of error that I had with the georgian culture.

Also getting the same Georgian culture error here. Running Vista.

Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Well, that's enough people seeing it that I'm going to have to assume I did something wrong.

Unfortunately, I don't really know Java, and thus am not sure what I did wrong. If any actual Java programmers want to give me some advice, I'd appreciate it.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters
    Return of the Romans: A Byzantine Megacampaign (Part I) Complete Failure (Complete): Forum
    Friedrich Meier, Stadtholder of Innsbruck, Imperialist Party Member in the Conclave in Sonderweg oder Anderweg An interactive AAR in the Hohenzollerns megacampaign by Avindian

I'm joining the georgian culture problem group . The language of EU3 is english so that's not the problem.

Heir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II CollectionRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Yeah... having the Georgian culture problem as well...
    I used to Java back in the day, I'd be glad to help if you'd like. I don't think you published your source code though, so I can offer no "pre-emptive" insight on it =)

Btw, since it first failed in my portuguese Windows 7 install I tried installing everything in my work us-english XP machine... and still got the very same problem =)

PPS: I don't think that, as it stands, the converter maintains the Kingdom of Jerusalem as it is and instead turns it into Cyprus. Ht3 has a KoJ tag and flag... don't know if it would cause any weirdness with the events that trigger KoJ creation though... don't think so anyway.
    Last edited by enderbr; 08-06-2010 at 20:33.

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Another one with the Georgian culture problem here.

Maybe we should form a group - we could call ourselves the Culture Club...

Sorry... that was shockingly bad.

Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by JRHT View Post
    Maybe we should form a group - we could call ourselves the Culture Club...
    Well... I look terrible in makeup.... we wouldn't want to see that...

Anyway... I tried PM'ing Idhrendur to see if he would point me towards the code but he must be busy. If anyone else has access to the code and would like some help with this pesky issue just drop me a line here.

Sorry, it has been rather busy around here as of late!

If you PM me an email address I'll send you the code.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

In the meanwhile, anyone who has this bug can feel free to email me your save game and I'll convert it for you.
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India Company
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron Cross
    Rome GoldSemper Fi

In the OP it says to use the December 4.1 beta. I understand bug fixing takes time, but I wonder if you have some idea when the mod will be updated to suit the latest beta patch.

That said, thanks for your dedication and effort.

Well in general terms, sometime after I realize there's been a new beta patch (doh!).

The good news is, I'm now looking into it. The bad news is, I'm certain that I'm about to replicate the Georgian culture bug. And life is pretty busy right now.

I'll try and post a better estimate when I can. And thanks for making me aware of the patch!
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

This is my error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ck.Dynasty$DynastyData.access$000(Dynasty.java:61)
    at ck.Dynasty.getDynastyName(Dynasty.java:58)
    at cv.CvAdvisors.calcEU3Advisors(CvAdvisors.java:51)
    at CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:84)

can you help plssss?

Hey guys.

Just to let you know that Idhrendur and I have set up a sourceforge project for the converter. Apart from setting the account up Idhrendur has done all the work so far, but I fully intend to pull my own weight in this project soon.

Just so you know: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck2httt/

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by nyczhugo View Post
    This is my error

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ck.Dynasty$DynastyData.access$000(Dynasty.java:61)
    at ck.Dynasty.getDynastyName(Dynasty.java:58)
    at cv.CvAdvisors.calcEU3Advisors(CvAdvisors.java:51)
    at CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:84)

can you help plssss?
    I'm quite willing to help, but we'll see if I can.

Let's see. Basics first: which versions of CK/CKV and HttT are you running?

And to the best of your knowledge, has your CK game ever had the dynasties list modded?
    Email Me
    Paradox Game Converters

Quote Originally Posted by enderbr View Post
    Hey guys.

Just to let you know that Idhrendur and I have set up a sourceforge project for the converter. Apart from setting the account up Idhrendur has done all the work so far, but I fully intend to pull my own weight in this project soon.

Just so you know: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ck2httt/

Cheers!
    Thank you.

I've heard requests for a review of the provincial conversion list. I'm doing that right now, little by little. At the moment I'm doing England. The CK map is strange. Some provinces seem to be in the wrong place.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast