• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Part 7: Italian ambitions:

After the recent events we decided that we need to expand, our force limits were so small, that we wouldn't be able to survive against OE if we would be attacked... But any provinces we may gain should provide at least some income to not fall behind too much in technology, but where should we go? Our navy went around Italy and we were surprised to learn that Naples had only 2 regiments there, the reason was probably that they were in a war with Aragon and they probably shipped their whole army there:

epirus113.jpg

So we declared war and our loyal vassals followed us to glory:

epirus114.jpg

Corfu and Morea invaded Malta together, Morea also hunted down some single Napolitan cogs:

epirus115.jpg

Hopefully we won't be attacked again during a war, so we took a chance to increase our relations with some neighbours:

epirus116.jpg

The only forces in Italy were quickly destroyed:

epirus117.jpg

The first siege was won:

epirus118.jpg

We decided to increase our cultural tradition, with writing a national epic about... ok it doesn't really matter about who :rolleyes::rofl::

epirus119.jpg

The next city was gained:

epirus120.jpg

The next ones soon followed:

epirus121.jpg

epirus122.jpg

On our way to Romagna we were surprised to see an actual army there:

epirus123.jpg

So the decision was made to sue for peace, we couldn't demand that much anyway (our reputation was still high):

Naples ceded three provinces and they had to renounce their false claims on Janina and annul some treaties:

epirus124.jpg

We are now able to train man at arms in the new provinces:

epirus125.jpg

Burgundy, who took the was the leader of the war on Naples side offered us white peace, which was happily accepted:

epirus126.jpg

During the war we had an uprising of peasants in Naxos, which had been taken care of after our troops returned to Greece.

Our political situation doesn't look bad:

epirus127.jpg

I'm gonna take that as payback for everything the neapolitans done on every time I tried to play as Epirus :rofl:

Part 8: The Turks are coming!:

We decided to enter royal marriages with our vassals, maybe if they get a disputed succession we could try to form a PU and inherit them later:

epirus128.jpg

After the truce with Byzantium ended we decided to finally defeat them (our infamy was low enough to vassalise them without breaking the limit):

epirus129.jpg

Their army was destroyed almost immediatly:

epirus130.jpg

Our worst nightmare became true:

epirus131.jpg

Finally our first NI became available and we chosed Military drill (although we knew we will need to change it later and then take a stability hit), because we hoped that we could Institute Liberum Veto soon enough, to hunt down the 7000 men armies which the OE send (the morale boost would have been needed to turn the tides):

epirus132.jpg

But our fortresses fall to fast:

epirus133.jpg

epirus134.jpg

So we decided it would be probably a better idea to end this war as soon as possible and we gave up Albania and our vassal Tripoli:

epirus135.jpg

Bohemia was excommunicated:

epirus136.jpg

Byzantiums capital was ours:

epirus137.jpg

Because of the lost against the OE they had to be annexed, so we waited a little longer to let our infamy fall enough, then we demanded their annexation:

epirus138.jpg

Tripoli broke our alliance:

epirus139.jpg

We changed our NI to national bank and decided to centralise:

epirus140.jpg

A local pretender raised, but was defeated:

epirus141.jpg

Not again:

epirus143.jpg

Our political situation:

epirus142.jpg

(Yes the political mapmode screenshot was taken 1 year before the Regency council, but I wanted to have it at the end of the update and it hadn't changed)

Epirus was alot more fun in 278 (or was it 280?) BC when it's King Pyrrhus, had a large army and elephants.

In a moded RTW, I used said elephants to quickly overwhelm Italy, Sicily and Greece. Good times.

Ah, the Otto's make their appearance.

Yeah and what an appearance, I had never the slightest chance, even scorched earth wouldn't had helped, because they send more "smaller" stacks (I think it was about 3 stacks of 7000 (inky in Greece) everyone going into its own province plus about 5000 men from Bosnia and Serbia)

Epirus was alot more fun in 278 (or was it 280?) BC when it's King Pyrrhus, had a large army and elephants.

In a moded RTW, I used said elephants to quickly overwhelm Italy, Sicily and Greece. Good times.
Actually this game is one of the best I've ever had...

Duuuude, you had the chance to trap the Ottoman's army in Corfu and let them die from attrition. :(

That is of course if you had a bigger navy. :p

I hope you won't disappoint us next time and kick their butts instead. :x

Duuuude, you had the chance to trap the Ottoman's army in Corfu and let them die from attrition. :(

That is of course if you had a bigger navy. :p

I hope you won't disappoint us next time and kick their butts instead. :x

My navy was completely destroyed the first day they declared war and they didn't use one big stack, but several small enough to not get any attritition, and only one of those walked towards Corfu...

Baby steps, true, but towards greatness. You best kick their arses the next time, yus.

I'll try my best but it'll be difficult

Oh I so have to watch this! GO EPIRUS!!!!

:D

Part 9: Back to the Balkans:

During the time we waited for the new king to grow up our army was expanded and we tried to rebuild our navy which was annihilated during the last war...

A few rebellions occured but nothing special.

And finnaly our new king:

epirus144.jpg

Our realem needed to expand but where? There were some minors in Italy which could have been defeated easily, but Castille had become the defender of the catholic faith and we couldn't risk a war against them. So our attention was directed back to the Balkan where Montenegro had a disputed succession; a royal marriage was quickly arranged and we claimed their throne immediatly:

epirus145.jpg

Our vassals followed us and on Montenegros side Bohemia and Croatia entered the war (we hoped that we could take also something from Croatia):

epirus146.jpg

Montenegros mercenarys where defeated and together with Morea we sunk Croatias navy:

epirus147.jpg

A new general was hired:

epirus148.jpg

Zeta was captured by our brave soldiers together with Moreas men:

epirus149.jpg

We wanted to force Montenegro in a personal union to inherit them later but weren't able to demand it in the peace offers (bug?) so they were annexed:

epirus150.jpg

Croatia engaged our army at Zeta but they were defeated:

epirus151.jpg

But then Bohemia came... We hoped they wouldn't be able to come in the balkans but we were wrong:

epirus152.jpg

Another equally sized Bohemian army besiged at the same time Abruzzi and their forces in Croatia attacked Zeta:

epirus153.jpg

epirus154.jpg

But at least they accepted a cheap peace offer:

epirus155.jpg

The Ottomans again:

epirus156.jpg

Someone of our neighbours is getting annoying:

epirus157.jpg

In the end the war for Montenegros crown wasn't as successful as we hoped it would be(although they had been annexed), because of the unexpected intervention of Bohemia. Without them we could have defeated Croatia easily...

Last edited:
Hooray! Only thing I don't like is the fact that none of the screenshots are cropped... sure, this gives all information you'd want to know, but if you'd take only the important things in a screenshot...
Anyway, I'm having a successful Epirus game too, though I'm ruling Italy by my vassals.

Hooray! Only thing I don't like is the fact that none of the screenshots are cropped... sure, this gives all information you'd want to know, but if you'd take only the important things in a screenshot...
Anyway, I'm having a successful Epirus game too, though I'm ruling Italy by my vassals.

Thanks for the critics, I'll try to improve the screenshots from now on :D

You have to do something with the Turks.
They are expanding dangerously.

Plans have already been made, but I haven't tried it yet... If my idea would succeed I could probably kick them out of Greece, if not I could loose almost everything there(but I will wait a little longer, because Castille is the current defender of the catholic faith and maybe the OE DOWs some catholic country, that would make it far easier).

Plans have already been made, but I haven't tried it yet... If my idea would succeed I could probably kick them out of Greece, if not I could loose almost everything there(but I will wait a little longer, because Castille is the current defender of the catholic faith and maybe the OE DOWs some catholic country, that would make it far easier).

If you capture Greece will you restore the Byzantine Empire?