Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Behind enemy lines - Civilians at PIC2010

Behind enemy lines - Civilians at PIC2010

Hi

As we mentioned earlier we had a competition on Facebook where a lucky winner and a friend could win a golden ticket to the Paradox Interactive Convention 2010.

We would like to congratulate Gerard and his friend Mark as the winners, which also makes them the only "civilian" participants of the convention.

They have told me that they are planning a AAR of sorts for you guys in addition to other postings we'll do ourselves.

So this your chance to ask (nicely) Gerard and Mark what to keep an eye out for.
    • Do you want them to pester Fredrik until he relents and announces CK2?
    • Do you want them to plant secret microphones in the offices?
    • Do you want them to ask obscure questions about polygon counts for our 3d models?
    • Do you want them to report what Kings screensaver looks like? (it's funny)
    • Do you want them to suggest to us that it's finally time to make a Hearts of Iron MMO in order to take on the dominance of WoW

See? The possibilities are end-less! Just remember to be reasonable ;p

/s
    Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Twitter: @ShamsJorjani

Lt.-Colonel of Guerillas Singleton Mosby's Avatar
    200k clubAchtung PanzerCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLegioThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiShip Simulator ExtremesSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Mosby's Confederacy, Guerilla territory, VA. CSA
    This sounds good. Very curious what they will encounter and I love to hear what I missed.

'Any system which aims at taking freedom by open force to other peoples will only make that freedom hated and prevent its triumph. '
    - Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord

200k clubCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Reasonable isn't what this forum is known for my dear Shams...

I would like to see CK2 but only if you got a good plan for it not because we need it for the sake of it.
    "Saw steamer, strafed same, sank same, some sight, signed smith" From "The Thousand Mile War" by Brian Garfield.
    War is an extension of politics with other means. -Prussian General Carl von Clausewitz.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    CK2. Don't stop 'till you get enough (info).
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

Scotland, I am with you Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Ask PI if they have any plans to make any completely new titles, please.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Ck2
    Anarchist Paradoxian | Slavic Paradoxian

1 Clerk
    Nationality: Colonial Ruthenian
    Ideology: Anarchist/Pan-Slavic
    Issues: Eradication of Scarcity/Singularity
    Consciousness: -2.62 (+0.01)
    Violent Rampage Chance: 3% (-0.01)

50 games registered

MILK THEM DRY ABOUT VICKY 2, and see whether Nova Scotia is a revolter nation.

Also, I want a picture of them with this Shams fellow, he seems pretty edgy, Gotta make sure he's a real person.

And get that info on that Screensaver. Could be important one day.
    AARs:
    Barrett's Privateers - A Nova Scotia Victoria AAR - Dead. Planned for resurrection

Mods:

Second Modernity
    Explore the years 2036 to 2136 with this mod of Victoria II
    In production
    ------
    [QUOTE_32N]

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Hi all, Gerard here.

I feel like I'm the luckiest guy on the forum . I had never expected this.

In a moment I'll fetch a notebook and scribble down all the questions and requests you have. I'll try to ask all the questions and honour all the requests. Also I'll be thinking about the AAR I'll be making out of it. Well, I've still got a little over a week to prepare myself for it.
    Me, Floris - A 'Mount & Blade: Warband' AAR: Floris IV of Holland enters Calradia, and tries to make the best of it. Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2010 (Round 3) open category!

Inkwell: If you want to learn more!

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

CK and the screensaver.

Grats by the way. Hope you have fun.
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDiplomacyEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldLegioMajesty 2Rome GoldSemper Fi
    Victoria 2Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

HOI MMO=FUN

But it would just be better to hear about King's screensaver.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

A dutchie!
    We won't let you back into the country until we get CK2!

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

CK2 and several HoI3 expansions are a near certainty.
    If a second Rome expansion would be announced, that would be some news !

Has PI any plans to make a "simple" Clausewitz-based game (such as Rome), but on another period ?

Ask Fredrik about his Grand Strategy vision for Paradox : what is it and how does he see PI in 5 and 10 years ?
    OMNIBUS VIIS ROMAM PERVENITUR

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Pride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Looking into paradoX-Files... there will be a new game, not a sequel, in a new timeframe? A licensed game based on Crusader Kings? Hibrid games, for example starting with... American Independency and finishing in 1918?

Knowing what games of the competence are playing Johan or King, would be a good scoop also

The Closer Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Gefeliciteerd Gerard !

Enjoy your new fame and glory !

And their can only be one really important announcement of course. If they don't announce that one, you won't have to come back !

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Gerard ... you lucky *****

Please tell Johan/Fredrik that I will come and raze the Stockholm offices (and surrounding area) to the ground, if not CK2 is announced ... and it better not be licensed out to a third-party developer

If at all possible, please take a ghost image of Johan's work PC

But seriously .... it would be nice to know the following:

1. Will they keep developing the niche games like Vicky, CK and Rome (even if not exactly profitable)
    2. Are they considering making a new line of games like they did with Rome?
    3. What was the decision to release HOI3 in the state it was ... were they aware of the problems it had?
    4. What does Johan see for the future in development. What areas will they most likely focus on improving?? ... better AI, better graphics, new game engine, better quality at release, more simultaneous projects etc??
    I love my copy of CK so much, I am thinking of marrying it

New Paradox games icons ... get some new cool game icons for your PI games. (of course now updated with CKII icon )

Big Block of Cheese John Buford's Avatar
    Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of Nations
    Rise of PrussiaCK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Of course 1) Give me CK2 or give my PC death :-)
    "Bartlet: [reading from a book by George Washington] "In public, put not your hands on any part of your body that is usually covered."
    C.J.: Well... I do what it takes to keep the press corps happy, Mr. President.
    - The West Wing

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy CollectionFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLegioEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Ck2

YEAAA CK2 finally they have seen the light

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Rome: Vae Victis

The people wants CK2!
    //Hallsten

UPCOMING!Hallsten's EUrofi3r, CK to EU3 savefile converter
    Hallsten's Unified HOI2/DD/ARMA Generator Utility
    NEW: Hallsten's Unified HOI3 Generator Utility
    HOI2 sleep-event for Germany's Old Guard

Paradox Unofficial Poker Brat Drakken's Avatar
    Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    CK2 indeed.

I'll even come out of my beta retirement for it if it is indeed the case.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast