• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(180093)

Corporal
Nov 23, 2009
Uhm... things are running smooth again with my install EIC 1.10 (Designers Cut)

There is one thing i absolutely LOVE but cannot deem to do any more...
and that is to capture enemy ships.

Before EIC 1.10 i have known the 5 ship rule per fleet and had to abandon the ones that could not be integrated.

When i installes EIC 1.10 i had a few times where i was offered to create a new fleet at sea (dispatch one of my officers to take command of the 6., 7. and 8. ships where necessary)

For a Few days now, i have been happily blasting pirates, (4schooners full of indian silk vs 1 Xebeq full of dirty rotten Pirates for example)
and the end results were not always very positive... i once lost a schooner (i forgot to surrender) and at other times one or two of my schooners surrendered because of low crew or morale...

But this morning i did better - i had the Xebeq shot to pieces, no sails, 5 pirates on the enemy xebeq left against 3 of my schooners with moderate damage, good crew numbers and moderate Moral.

So, they surrendered.

But... i have not gotten the option to take over their ship? there was one free slot in my fleet waiting for the xebeq? The Victory screen comes up with the status of all ships involved in the battle (top: my 4 schooners vs low: 1 pirate xebeq)

and when i hit "continue" i get taken back to the strategic level...

...where the xebec awaits me once again to be battled.

HUH?

--------------------------------------
Had the same thing against an enemy company yesterday:
(1 Xebeq + 4 Cutters) against (2 enemy schooners)
made them surrender by
-demasting both
-murdering their crews in 1 Boarding action (cutter vs Schooner No1)
-killing their other crew with rifle fire (soldiers onboard of my xebeq shot the enemy No2 schooner crew)

....still no way to take over their schooners in a new fleet, only the victory screen, and then the strategic View.

Have the rules Chagnged - do i miss something?

i think you also need a minimum os sailors to crew both shps. if you don't have enough sailors, you have to abandon 1 of the ships

Hm...
might be you are right...
Had a fight of 4x British Schooners vs 1x Swedish cutter

Cutter demasted 1/20 crew

Schooner light Damage 30/30
Schooner light Damage 18/30

I was able to take the cutter, put it in a one-ship fleet, and send it home, whilst the 4x schooners were able to continue to india.

Worked!

Better yet/ the Cutter was full of Spices :D

I have yet to capture one enemy ship. I usually do auto resolve, but even then I should have some success with it. Or am I wrong on that, that the game simply does not allow the capture of ships in auto resolve?

yeah you have a much better chance of capturing ships if you play the battle yourself. i'm sure there is a small chance to capture a ship in auto-resolve. but its probably the same as fleeing a battle in auto-resolve, which we know is not very good.

I have never captured an enemy ship on autoresolve in hundreds of encounters. Play them out and they will surrender, except pirates, who seem to fight to the death. It's a good way to make a little money by selling cargo and ship.

It is actually written in the tutorial that you cannot capture ships via auto-resolve I think. So if you don't have enough crew you just don't get the little button when you click the ship to add to fleet? When you get the screen listing the cargo, click the ship. It will give you the little curved arrow next to it - which will take you to a fleet screen and if you have room in your own fleet you can add it there or create a new fleet (presumably with one of your sailors as the new captain).