• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I, NrmK use my right to vote and vote Kovan09 for president and OAM for vice-president. I also vote United American party and United Progressive Party​

You see, I split my votes evenly between liberals and conservatives. Hopefully you gents are in for turbulent times because you can't agree on anything :cool:

Election Update

National Secessionist Federation of the West 6
United American Party 6
Buddhist Peace Party 5
United Progressive Party 4
Technocracy Political 4
National Social Popular Revolver Party of Progressive Democracy 3

Presidents
-Yourworstnightm 2
-C_c 3
- OAM 1
-Kovan09 5
-Kaiser Muffin 4

Vice Presidents
-OAM 5
-Timmie0307 3
-ColossusCrusher 2

Last edited:
Unofficial count with a few hours left to vote;
votes;
Notional Secessionist Federation of the West 6
Buddhist Peace Party 5
United America Party 4
Technocracy Political 4

Presidential;
KaiserMuffin 4
Kovan 09 4
C_c 3
yourworstnightm 2 (3?)

Veep:
OAM 5
Timmie0307 3
ColossusCrusher 2

My fellow Americans,

I am humbled, and awed by the clear commitment many have to bringing prosperity and peace to the United States.

When I, and the other Buddhist leaders of the U.S gathered earlier this year and founded the Buddhist Peace Party, we wouldn't have dreamed of recieving the amount of support we have seen.

Even, if we lose this election, we have shown through campaigning on peace and prosperity, a party can be successful.

I would like to thank all of the candidates who have chosen to run for the office of president, and in the legislature.

It is only through continued discussion and election that we can create new solutions, and work towards determining what the American people want.

Whichever party, or whatever person, that gets elected must remember where their mandate is derived. Not from ideology, but the will of the American people.

I look forward, no matter who wins, to begin working for peace and prosperity with the Government.

-Rev. Thich Lanh Minh

The Results

National Secessionist Federation of the West 8
Technocracy Political 6
Buddhist Peace Party 5
United America Party 4

Total 30
Bhudist/Secessionist coalition= 43.333%

President
KaiserMuffin 4
Kovan 09 6
C_c 3
yourworstnightm 2

Total 15

Vice President
OAM 5
Timmie0307 3
ColossusCrusher 2

Total 13

In the madness of the 1936 elections, madness ensued all over the country. Widespread corruption of the vote occurred in the west. In an unprecedented move the Secesionist movement there won by a shocking majority, that have led to other parties aledging voter fraud.
In the east trouble was had with Technocracy Political had their own issues. One of their foremost members, Alan Turing developed a theoretical model for a universal calculating engine, or digital computer, funded by the Ford Motor Company. Using the massive power of the engine, Turing's team has cracked several military cryptographic systems, including the submarine command cypher codenamed 'skipjack'. Turing and Ford notify the military of their intelligence weakness, and the military, in a fit of embarassment, responded by seizing the digital computer, and arresting key members of the team on charges of treason and endangerment of the state. Ford insists on being compensated for its lost capital, and Turing cannot be held in prison without arousing public suspicion, so the military is in a quandary.

A deal is worked out. Ford will not be reimbursed for the seized equipment, but new opportunities for subsidation. In combination with any new expansion of the military, Ford trucks will be used. The government gets to keep the digital computer prototype, and the technicians all either enter government service or sign NDA's regarding their work at Princeton. With the new jobs that the ford subsidy has created, Technocracy political received many votes from the impoverished farmers of the Midwest after Ford announced new factories all over the dustbowl.

In other news the race for president has ended in the first tie ever in the history of America. Kaiser Muffin, and Kovan will participate in the first ever runoff election ever, to be held over the next 24 hours.
In a stunning victory OAM has won the vice presidential position, and will be making policy alongside the president and the cabinet. His victory speech is forthcoming.

Last edited:
In other news the race for president has ended in the first tie ever in the history of America.

If we wanted, we could just retcon this election as just the "primary season"...

National Secessionist Federation of the West 8
Technocracy Political 6
Buddhist Peace Party 5
United America Party 4

22 votes were casted in this election.

Since NSFW and BPP are in a coalition, they have 13 votes, out of 22. This means they control 59.09% of the Senate. If the NSFW can convince the NSPRPP to join up with the coalition, then the NSFW basically have the Senate all locked up.

Of course, getting the National Whatevers to join up is easier said than done.

EDIT: I did a recount, and it looks like Alex's total is right. 30 votes were cast, and only NSFW and BPP owns 43.33%. If they get the NSPRPP, they will have 16 votes, or 53.33%.

Last edited:
I vote for Kovan09 for President, Timmie0307 for Vice President, and for the United America Party, and I reserve my second vote.

I Kovan09 vote for my self as president, timmie0307 as vice president and for the united American party. My second vote is for National Social Popular Revolver Party of Progressive Democracy

I would like to vote for the UAP, Kovan09 for president. I'll reserve my second vote.

Mai namz iz Tag and I would like you to support the UAP as well. My hoomanz has taken meh to the vet and I is very sick.

000_0092.jpg

Tag is Owsum

I vote for Kovan09 for President, Timmie0307 for Vice President, and for the United America Party, and I reserve my second vote.

I, NrmK use my right to vote and vote Kovan09 for president and OAM for vice-president. I also vote United American party and United Progressive Party​

You see, I split my votes evenly between liberals and conservatives. Hopefully you gents are in for turbulent times because you can't agree on anything :cool:

as you can see this is 5 votes and not 4

Speaking from the BPP part of the BPP-NSFW coalition;

I would like to thank all who cast their votes, whether they voted for our coalition or not is fundamentally irrelevant, what matters is that you took the time to research and make an informed decision about your candidate.

Rest assured, in time you will hear from our coalition as we begin to craft legislation to help the American people.

I remain committed to a peaceful Foreign Policy, and demilitarization. I will work towards ensuring such legislation gets passed, and we can work towards peace.

This election, was the Second American Revolution in many respects. But it was not a revolution of the blood of patriots and tyrants, but a revolution based on peace. A revolution of velvet, and not violence.

The American people have shown that they support the ideals of the NSFW and BPP, we have a strong mandate from the American people towards our ideals of:

1. Peace and Nonviolence
2. Promoting equality and social justice.
3. Working towards prosperity for all parts of this nation, without sacrificing a region to help another region.

I thank you all for the support given, and I look forward to serving in the Congress of the United States with my NSFW colleagues

-Senator Thich Lanh Minh

P.S. Kovan09 does deserve the presidency with his five votes. Congratulations Kovan09 and OAM on your electoral successes.

OOC Comments on the Election:

Whoa! Fascist President, and a Moderate VP with a Left-Wing Radical Legislature

This is going to be quite interesting. I hope that we can work things out and try to prevent a 2nd American Civil War.

I'm still stunned that I was able to receive the three votes for VP and was able to be a important party (relatively) in this election.

Kovan09 Inaugural Adress

I am certain that my fellow Americans expect that on my induction into the Presidency I will address them with a candor and a decision which the present situation of our people impel. This is preeminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly. Nor need we shrink from honestly facing conditions in our country today. This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory. I am convinced that you will again give that support to leadership in these critical days.

In such a spirit on my part and on yours we face our common difficulties. They concern, thank God, only material things. Values have shrunken to fantastic levels; taxes have risen; our ability to pay has fallen; government of all kinds is faced by serious curtailment of income; the means of exchange are frozen in the currents of trade; the withered leaves of industrial enterprise lie on every side; farmers find no markets for their produce; the savings of many years in thousands of families are gone.

More important, a host of unemployed citizens face the grim problem of existence, and an equally great number toil with little return. Only a foolish optimist can deny the dark realities of the moment.

Yet our distress comes from no failure of substance. We are stricken by no plague of locusts. Compared with the perils which our forefathers conquered because they believed and were not afraid, we have still much to be thankful for. Nature still offers her bounty and human efforts have multiplied it. Plenty is at our doorstep, but a generous use of it languishes in the very sight of the supply. Primarily this is because the rulers of the exchange of mankind’s goods have failed, through their own stubbornness and their own incompetence, have admitted their failure, and abdicated. Practices of the unscrupulous money changers stand indicted in the court of public opinion, rejected by the hearts and minds of men.

True they have tried, but their efforts have been cast in the pattern of an outworn tradition. Faced by failure of credit they have proposed only the lending of more money. Stripped of the lure of profit by which to induce our people to follow their false leadership, they have resorted to exhortations, pleading tearfully for restored confidence. They know only the rules of a generation of self-seekers. They have no vision, and when there is no vision the people perish.

The money changers have fled from their high seats in the temple of our civilization. We may now restore that temple to the ancient truths. The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply social values more noble than mere monetary profit.

Happiness lies not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort. The joy and moral stimulation of work no longer must be forgotten in the mad chase of evanescent profits. These dark days will be worth all they cost us if they teach us that our true destiny is not to be ministered unto but to minister to ourselves and to our fellow men.

Recognition of the falsity of material wealth as the standard of success goes hand in hand with the abandonment of the false belief that public office and high political position are to be valued only by the standards of pride of place and personal profit; and there must be an end to a conduct in banking and in business which too often has given to a sacred trust the likeness of callous and selfish wrongdoing. Small wonder that confidence languishes, for it thrives only on honesty, on honor, on the sacredness of obligations, on faithful protection, on unselfish performance; without them it cannot live.

Restoration calls, however, not for changes in ethics alone. This Nation asks for action, and action now.

Our greatest primary task is to put people to work. This is no unsolvable problem if we face it wisely and courageously. It can be accomplished in part by direct recruiting by the Government itself, treating the task as we would treat the emergency of a war, but at the same time, through this employment, accomplishing greatly needed projects to stimulate and reorganize the use of our natural resources.

Hand in hand with this we must frankly recognize the overbalance of population in our industrial centers and, by engaging on a national scale in a redistribution, endeavor to provide a better use of the land for those best fitted for the land. The task can be helped by definite efforts to raise the values of agricultural products and with this the power to purchase the output of our cities. It can be helped by preventing realistically the tragedy of the growing loss through foreclosure of our small homes and our farms. It can be helped by insistence that the Federal, State, and local governments act forthwith on the demand that their cost be drastically reduced. It can be helped by the unifying of relief activities which today are often scattered, uneconomical, and unequal. It can be helped by national planning for and supervision of all forms of transportation and of communications and other utilities which have a definitely public character. There are many ways in which it can be helped, but it can never be helped merely by talking about it. We must act and act quickly.

Finally, in our progress toward a resumption of work we require two safeguards against a return of the evils of the old order; there must be a strict supervision of all banking and credits and investments; there must be an end to speculation with other people’s money, and there must be provision for an adequate but sound currency.

There are the lines of attack. I shall presently urge upon a new Congress in special session detailed measures for their fulfillment, and I shall seek the immediate assistance of the several States.

Through this program of action we address ourselves to putting our own national house in order and making income balance outgo. Our international trade relations, though vastly important, are in point of time and necessity secondary to the establishment of a sound national economy. I favor as a practical policy the putting of first things first. I shall spare no effort to restore world trade by international economic readjustment, but the emergency at home cannot wait on that accomplishment.

The basic thought that guides these specific means of national recovery is not narrowly nationalistic. It is the insistence, as a first consideration, upon the interdependence of the various elements in all parts of the United States—a recognition of the old and permanently important manifestation of the American spirit of the pioneer. It is the way to recovery. It is the immediate way. It is the strongest assurance that the recovery will endure.

In the field of world policy I would dedicate this Nation to the policy of the good neighbor—the neighbor who resolutely respects himself and, because he does so, respects the rights of others—the neighbor who respects his obligations and respects the sanctity of his agreements in and with a world of neighbors.

If I read the temper of our people correctly, we now realize as we have never realized before our interdependence on each other; that we can not merely take but we must give as well; that if we are to go forward, we must move as a trained and loyal army willing to sacrifice for the good of a common discipline, because without such discipline no progress is made, no leadership becomes effective. We are, I know, ready and willing to submit our lives and property to such discipline, because it makes possible a leadership which aims at a larger good. This I propose to offer, pledging that the larger purposes will bind upon us all as a sacred obligation with a unity of duty hitherto evoked only in time of armed strife.

With this pledge taken, I assume unhesitatingly the leadership of this great army of our people dedicated to a disciplined attack upon our common problems.

Action in this image and to this end is feasible under the form of government which we have inherited from our ancestors. Our Constitution is so simple and practical that it is possible always to meet extraordinary needs by changes in emphasis and arrangement without loss of essential form. That is why our constitutional system has proved itself the most superbly enduring political mechanism the modern world has produced. It has met every stress of vast expansion of territory, of foreign wars, of bitter internal strife, of world relations.

It is to be hoped that the normal balance of executive and legislative authority may be wholly adequate to meet the unprecedented task before us. But it may be that an unprecedented demand and need for undelayed action may call for temporary departure from that normal balance of public procedure.

I am prepared under my constitutional duty to recommend the measures that a stricken nation in the midst of a stricken world may require. These measures, or such other measures as the Congress may build out of its experience and wisdom, I shall seek, within my constitutional authority, to bring to speedy adoption.

But in the event that the Congress shall fail to take one of these two courses, and in the event that the national emergency is still critical, I shall not evade the clear course of duty that will then confront me. I shall ask the Congress for the one remaining instrument to meet the crisis—broad Executive power to wage a war against the emergency, as great as the power that would be given to me if we were in fact invaded by a foreign foe.

For the trust reposed in me I will return the courage and the devotion that befit the time. I can do no less.

We face the arduous days that lie before us in the warm courage of the national unity; with the clear consciousness of seeking old and precious moral values; with the clean satisfaction that comes from the stern performance of duty by old and young alike. We aim at the assurance of a rounded and permanent national life.

We do not distrust the future of essential democracy. The people of the United States have not failed. In their need they have registered a mandate that they want direct, vigorous action. They have asked for discipline and direction under leadership. They have made me the present instrument of their wishes. In the spirit of the gift I take it.

In this dedication of a Nation we humbly ask the blessing of God. May He protect each and every one of us. May He guide me in the days to come.

Source: Franklin D. Roosevelt, Inaugural Address, March 4, 1933, as published in Samuel Rosenman, ed., The Public Papers of Franklin D. Roosevelt, Volume Two: The Year of Crisis, 1933 (New York: Random House, 1938), 11–16.

Last edited:
Congratulations to Kovan, and to the NSFW/BPP coalition. Also thanks to all those who turned out and voted. The minority UPP/TP faction is proud to have swung enough support to place our VP candidate OAM into office.

Let us work together towards a brighter future!

Congratulations to Kovan, and to the NSFW/BPP coalition. Also thanks to all those who turned out and voted. The minority UPP/TP faction is proud to have swung enough support to place our VP candidate OAM into office.

Let us work together towards a brighter future!

I am proud to say that this election Is one of many in the future. I am proud to see that all sides one in this little senario

In other news, I would like to say the UAP's votes are messed up. I showed 5 votes, 1 mail in vote and a vote from yourworstnightm and 1 from
Colossal crusher brings our total to 8 and not 4. I also want to know how the secconists revived 8 when me and ywnm counted 6.

Last edited:
Election fraud, my dear president. Clearly there has been foul play and because nobody can prove it (;)) Everybody has do live with it.

But hopefully this new government will prove to be interesting one. No more compromises between leftists and rightists like in Realpolitik?

The National Social Popular Revolver Party of Progressive Democracy contest the election results;

Our own unofficial vote count;

United America Party 7
Notional Secessionist Federation of the West 6
United Progressive Party 6
Technocracy Political 5
Buddhist Peace Party 5
National Social Popular Revolver Party of Progressive Democracy 4

Presidential;

C_c 5
Kovan09 5
KaiserMuffin 4
yourworstnightm 3

Veep;
OAM 7
Timmie0307 3
ColossusCrusher 2

We demand recount.

Last edited:
Indeed we the United America Party demands a recount! We need true democracy! This can't be happening to a nation that foremost taught us democracy, liberty and freedom! Corruption is out of option here! If not we demand a reelection of the Senate.

I want to thank all of our voters for placing their trust in a true democracy, but the current leaders have fouled up, and robbed you of your voting rights! Keep supporting the true democratic party: United America Party! United we Stand! For Democracy! For Liberty! For Freedom! For America!

Congratulations to Kovan09 on his presidential victory. OAM Congrats for securing the Vice Presidency. I hope that you will fullfill your responsibilities on this government post as true Americans! May America never be defeated! For Freedom, Democracy and Liberty!

Tim

stoogelogo.png
The NSFW does not contest the election results, and hopes that it's bloc in the senate will be able to bring through the reforms needed to improve the lot of the States of America, whilst providing the necessary checks and balances to the President and his apparatus. The NSFW/BPP would also like to extend the hand of co-operation attached to the olive branch of peace to the TP in the senate.

Together we will be able to ensure that America must prepare for Government!

There are allegations of electoral fraud against us in the NSFW, I can assure you that we have nothing to do with this, and this is merely a smear campaign against us! We want democracy as much as the next man and I hope we can sort this out as quickly as possible. America is a nation of rich democratic history and never would we dare to try to compromise this! Freedom, liberty and democracy shall defeat this smear campaign!

On a lighter note, I want to congratulate and thank our voters! This is a good day for all Americans.

I also want to congratulate my party leader, KaiserMuffin, and BPP party leader, Avatar Federal, with the result. I also want to congratulate Vice president OAM, I would have voted for you if it weren’t for Avatar Federal running.

If NSFW are so sure of their victory they should not fear a recount. Democracy can't be stolen like this. This is the United States of America, not some Banana Republic or Syndicalist Joke. The National Social Popular Revolver Party of Progressive Democracy demand the return of democracy and free and fair elections. Recount now!!

If NSFW are so sure of their victory they should not fear a recount. Democracy can't be stolen like this. This is the United States of America, not some Banana Republic or Syndicalist Joke. The National Social Popular Revolver Party of Progressive Democracy demand the return of democracy and free and fair elections. Recount now!!

We are not afraid of a recount, we just dont see the need. We support democracy a 100%. But there is no need for return of democracy as Democracy never disappeared!