• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

101Man

Major
8 Badges
Nov 10, 2005
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Semper Fi
  • 500k Club
I noticed the resource cheats in the Wiki (oil, fuel, energy, etc.). I did not see one for manpower. Is there one? I am USSR and have zero manpower. Thanks.

Open save game in notepad or something like that. Search for "human=". Then search for "manpower". Edit to whatever you want. Save. Load save game in game. Enjoy manpower :p

Open save game in notepad or something like that. Search for "human=". Then search for "manpower". Edit to whatever you want. Save. Load save game in game. Enjoy manpower :p
And don't forget to backup your savegame first! ;)

Also, the cheats that also affect the AI are the instant production and instant research ones, IIRC.

I'll be honest, you'll end up sucking away your fun if you rely on the cheats to fix things. Try and find another way around the problem, determine where your manpower is being depleted at (too many mp intensive units etc). What year scenario are you playing?

I would recommend that you not even bother with cheats as two of them assist the AI as well, thus is paradox's way of forcing cheaters to play at somewhat fairly.

My intent was not to "cheat" in the strict sense of the meaning. I read from other posts that USSR manpower in the '36 CG is jacked-up. It has to be. I had the same amount of brigades as Germany in June, 1941 (a total of 723 brigades, with 500+ being infantry)

My intent was for a little more historical capability for the USSR. They cranked out infantry divisions by the bushel. And mine were of the three infantry brigade vanilla variety.

Wikipedia has some of the numbers that this game cannot replicate for USSR, I'm sure other sources are just as accurate:

"When Nazi Germany invaded the Soviet Union in June 1941, the Red Army's ground forces had 303 divisions and 22 separate brigades (4.8 million soldiers), including 166 divisions and 9 brigades (2.9 million soldiers) garrisoned in the western military districts. Three Fronts, the Northwestern, Western, and Southwestern conducted the defense of the western borders of the USSR. In the first weeks of the Great Patriotic War the Wehrmacht defeated many Red Army units. The Red Army lost millions of men as prisoners and lost much of its pre-war matériel. Stalin increased mobilization, and by 1 August 1941, despite 46 divisions lost in combat, the Red Army’s strength was 401 divisions"

That's about 1200 brigades, regardless of experience, skill level, morale, or organization.

I don't think it's "cheating"...I think it's trying to get some perspective on what nations could really do during 1936-48 given the constraints of the 1.3 version. For instance, and I use the USSR again, their historical IC production skyrockets 1942-44. You can't even come close to duplicating it in this game given what you have in IC initially and the fact you are using all of your current IC on everything but new IC.

I'm sure there are other issues. Can Italy create the fleet she did in real life? Can the US create all those strat bombers AND CVs, BBs and the 500 infantry brigades that hang around Washington, DC?

So, while I think there are people who cheat to win, most want a balance and accuracy of the economic capabilities of the countries in this game. I just want an accurate manpower pool for the USSR, to create new units and to replenish the losses of existing units. :)

If you're wanting historical adjustments I would suggest modding the save file instead of console commands to remedy then. One thing the console commands are good for though, is clearing up those icky single provinces going to someone else that are occasionally caused by bugs.

My intent was not to "cheat" in the strict sense of the meaning. I read from other posts that USSR manpower in the '36 CG is jacked-up. It has to be. I had the same amount of brigades as Germany in June, 1941 (a total of 723 brigades, with 500+ being infantry)

My intent was for a little more historical capability for the USSR. They cranked out infantry divisions by the bushel. And mine were of the three infantry brigade vanilla variety.

Wikipedia has some of the numbers that this game cannot replicate for USSR, I'm sure other sources are just as accurate:

"When Nazi Germany invaded the Soviet Union in June 1941, the Red Army's ground forces had 303 divisions and 22 separate brigades (4.8 million soldiers), including 166 divisions and 9 brigades (2.9 million soldiers) garrisoned in the western military districts. Three Fronts, the Northwestern, Western, and Southwestern conducted the defense of the western borders of the USSR. In the first weeks of the Great Patriotic War the Wehrmacht defeated many Red Army units. The Red Army lost millions of men as prisoners and lost much of its pre-war matériel. Stalin increased mobilization, and by 1 August 1941, despite 46 divisions lost in combat, the Red Army’s strength was 401 divisions"

That's about 1200 brigades, regardless of experience, skill level, morale, or organization.

Remember that when in game same number divisions is not the same as saying how many divisions the russians germans had .There organization and name division corps etc are not comparable.

On June 22 Western front the Germans had 4.6 million men (including allied forces ) in a total of 166 divisions
The Russians had a total of 190 divisions correct in the Western districts but that was only 3.2 million men .

As the game produces the same size for all be carefull saying they had so many divisions in reality why dont they in the game they are not the same .

I don't think it's "cheating"...I think it's trying to get some perspective on what nations could really do during 1936-48 given the constraints of the 1.3 version. For instance, and I use the USSR again, their historical IC production skyrockets 1942-44. You can't even come close to duplicating it in this game given what you have in IC initially and the fact you are using all of your current IC on everything but new IC.

I'm sure there are other issues. Can Italy create the fleet she did in real life? Can the US create all those strat bombers AND CVs, BBs and the 500 infantry brigades that hang around Washington, DC?

So, while I think there are people who cheat to win, most want a balance and accuracy of the economic capabilities of the countries in this game. I just want an accurate manpower pool for the USSR, to create new units and to replenish the losses of existing units. :)

I am sorry how did it skyrocket ? what they did more was concentrate there production .There labor force never recovered to 41 levels till after 45......coal production was still below 41 in 45 as was steel and oil .
Only aluminium sky rocketed . What they did was reduce non military production and concentrate on a few models .In real economics the USSR production declined 41 to 45 they produced more tanks planes etc but at the expense of many other things.
They out performed Germany by decision to produce low cost low maintence whereas the germand did the opposite and wasted a lot of IC on varied complex designs .