• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On the map at one time? 500 vs 500 with Form Ranks mod. That was so epic, it was incredible! So much tactics, and with surround sound, and timely charges and counter-charges, it was awesome!

Defending a castle in a 3 way battle in some mod... wish I recalled the name right now but- the 3 way battles were the only interesting part of that mod.

The battle had already been going a couple days when I joined and had drawn in 26 different lords. About 3/4 of the way thru more reinforcements showed up so the final numbers were close to 4,000. It took about 6 hours to fight thru and my starting army of 62 went down to 15.

My best large battle was a 1300+(enemy) vs 800 (allied) in vanilla, only 80 of my men. Was marshall at the time which saved the day as you control all the allied armies on the field.

Takes several battles to only turn the tide (decrease the enemy army to a number lower to allied army)
Best was of course to watch your own ranks thinnen, especially in terms of companions.
Excellent and by the way, very profitable in terms of prestige points.

So if you start the game, dont try to farm to prestige points. Later in the game, you will be offered opportunities of such battles which are enjoyable and challenging to play in a row.

So far, a pretty small one by these standards!

My largest battle was 71 enemies vs. 38 of my guys.

I was plundering a village and they intercepted me. I fought them in the village and in just a couple minutes every last one of my men was killed or out of the fight. So, then I had some fun with my spear (175 reach, 30 pierce, can't recall name) and Heavy Charger horse! I impaled at least twenty of them, and knocked out dozens with my horse alone. By the end of the day, my horse was stained red and so was my spear and armor. Strangely, my helmet was pristine, as if it was just polished ;)

On the map at one time? 500 vs 500 with Form Ranks mod. That was so epic, it was incredible! So much tactics, and with surround sound, and timely charges and counter-charges, it was awesome!

That sounds utterly Amazing!

I am new to this...

So when you say 4000. Do you mean 4000 on the field at once or they kept coming through reinforcements? I have a good quad but that sounds like a lot of CPU cycles. I have only seen 100ish at once, but I could not tell if everyone was on the field or not.

You were using Swadian Knights huh?

I think I was faced with defending a castle with something like 100 or so troops, which were mostly Swadian Knights against just over a thousand Nords.

It's sad really. In all fairness they should've won that battle and taken that castle. It's like they're lambs to the slaughter as they come rushing up that ladder only to fall dead almost as quickly as they arrived. It's like they're Lemings in their ferocious numbers all rushing as quickly as possible to their deaths against the swords of my Swadian Knights. I just stood their in awe of how pathetic it was.

In Prophecy of Pendor mod I have once done a batte like this: 2 Snake Cult armies (each arround 1000 soldiers) against my army (250 men) and my 10 lords (1200 men). My lords lost a lot of troops. I only 4.

1280 Swadians, about 100 each Footmen and Crossbows and everything else cavalry, against 8 (should have been 800, but my allies turned and ran) Rhodok infantry. At least my men got out of there alive, and I took five of the heavy cavalry down with me. Just...watching that wall of armored horse start sweeping across the map...that was worth it.

You were using Swadian Knights huh?

I think I was faced with defending a castle with something like 100 or so troops, which were mostly Swadian Knights against just over a thousand Nords.

It's sad really. In all fairness they should've won that battle and taken that castle. It's like they're lambs to the slaughter as they come rushing up that ladder only to fall dead almost as quickly as they arrived. It's like they're Lemings in their ferocious numbers all rushing as quickly as possible to their deaths against the swords of my Swadian Knights. I just stood their in awe of how pathetic it was.

Defending force usually has this kind of advantage, even if they were reversed. I always play Nord, and when I have a castle full of Huscarls plus me spamming overhead chops with a battle axe at the top of the ladder even Swadian Knights get butchered by the hundreds.