• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shams

Corporate Paladin
70 Badges
Nov 9, 2009
  • 500k Club
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Prison Architect
  • Rome Gold
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Lead and Gold
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Impire
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • King Arthur II
We'll post the Heir to the Throne reviews here.

Gamespot - 8.5 of 10 Dec 23, 2009

It is an awesome game and you guys really have every right to be very proud :) Definitely a gold standard in historical strategy games!

Decisions now require magistrates, a human resource like EU3's colonists, spies, and merchants. Your country generates magistrates at a rate determined by factors like the number of universities that you've built or the decisions that you've implemented. Regardless of how you get them, they tend to be scarce, which means that you'll often face tough choices like whether to spend all of your magistrates to build a single canal or to build roads in multiple provinces. Don't give too much power to your magistrates, however, or they may try to stage a coup--turning the government into a bureaucratic despotism.

What does he mean by the bolded part?

It's an event which possibly converts your government to bureaucratic despotism. I'm not sure if it's related to the use of magistrates though.

As a longtime player of Paradox games, I feel compelled to say that I am thrilled with Heir to the Throne. Never has an expansion so thoroughly improved a game, and to think it was almost not made. Congratulations, Paradox, you made a great game even greater.

This expansion brings this already great game one more
amazing step closer to the complete grand strategy
simulation :)

In my opnion the best and most superb strategy game
of all time!

totally. you rule. i don't bother playing video games from anybody else. in fact, if it weren't for you, i probably wouldn't play video games.

thanks for the amazing, unique contribution you make to the (gaming) world. as a history teacher, i have told/converted more than one student to your games.

as one of the best rockers on the planet says: "gold star for robot boy!"

HTTT is the best expansion pack so far, incorporating more detail into legitimate (and illegitimate) inherited titles without adding too much detail and unnecessary micro management. The reworked Cassus Belli system makes so much more sense, and requires different (and interesting) long term planning from previous versions.

Without getting too long winded, I'll wrap up with: Paradox continues to provide interesting expansions and software patches to their established titles, entitling their customers/fans to enjoy unprecedented customer service. The best in the business.

Thumbs Up!

I am playing HttT, but I cannot find the manual. Where can I find that thing?

I really love it as well

You bunch of sods. Just when I was looking to get some overdue paperwork done having done the Napoleon campaign on the new and much improved Total War I now see that there is this "Heir" expansion out for EU3.

Why do you do this to me!? ;-)

Europa Europa, If Only You would play

I would very much like to say that I love this game too, as so many of you have said here. But as a Steam client, I am having a consistent problem of the game stuttering to a crash. I will be trying to find out what is wrong with the patient, and from my experience with all such purchases, it is going to be a nightmare. If any of you can point me in a good direction, please feel welcome to do so.:rolleyes:

I would very much like to say that I love this game too, as so many of you have said here. But as a Steam client, I am having a consistent problem of the game stuttering to a crash. I will be trying to find out what is wrong with the patient, and from my experience with all such purchases, it is going to be a nightmare. If any of you can point me in a good direction, please feel welcome to do so.:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum, but please edit your signature it is much to long. The maximum number of lines is 10 (including empty ones).

See the forum-rules

For your other question, register your EU3 game to get access to the tech-support forum, where this question belongs.