+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heir to the Throne review collection

Heir to the Throne review collection

We'll post the Heir to the Throne reviews here.

Gamespot - 8.5 of 10 Dec 23, 2009
    Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Twitter: @ShamsJorjani

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiRome: Vae Victis

Very nice,. I'm so proud of you :P

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEast India Company Collection
    EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

It is an awesome game and you guys really have every right to be very proud Definitely a gold standard in historical strategy games!

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEast India CompanyEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Lead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMagickaMajesty 2Majesty II Collection
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper Fi
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Decisions now require magistrates, a human resource like EU3's colonists, spies, and merchants. Your country generates magistrates at a rate determined by factors like the number of universities that you've built or the decisions that you've implemented. Regardless of how you get them, they tend to be scarce, which means that you'll often face tough choices like whether to spend all of your magistrates to build a single canal or to build roads in multiple provinces. Don't give too much power to your magistrates, however, or they may try to stage a coup--turning the government into a bureaucratic despotism.
    What does he mean by the bolded part?

It's an event which possibly converts your government to bureaucratic despotism. I'm not sure if it's related to the use of magistrates though.
    Whatever good you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.

When you have made provincial decision Expand bureaucracy,an event in which you can change to bureaucratic despotism may fire. So yes its related to magistrates.

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the Throne500k club

As a longtime player of Paradox games, I feel compelled to say that I am thrilled with Heir to the Throne. Never has an expansion so thoroughly improved a game, and to think it was almost not made. Congratulations, Paradox, you made a great game even greater.

EU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: Rome

This expansion brings this already great game one more
    amazing step closer to the complete grand strategy
    simulation

In my opnion the best and most superb strategy game
    of all time!

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition
    Victoria 2

totally. you rule. i don't bother playing video games from anybody else. in fact, if it weren't for you, i probably wouldn't play video games.

thanks for the amazing, unique contribution you make to the (gaming) world. as a history teacher, i have told/converted more than one student to your games.

as one of the best rockers on the planet says: "gold star for robot boy!"

VERY good, just like I expected

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: Warband
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Thumbs up

HTTT is the best expansion pack so far, incorporating more detail into legitimate (and illegitimate) inherited titles without adding too much detail and unnecessary micro management. The reworked Cassus Belli system makes so much more sense, and requires different (and interesting) long term planning from previous versions.

Without getting too long winded, I'll wrap up with: Paradox continues to provide interesting expansions and software patches to their established titles, entitling their customers/fans to enjoy unprecedented customer service. The best in the business.

Thumbs Up!
    Never ask me if I care; you should know that answer before you even ask the question.

-tes

I am playing HttT, but I cannot find the manual. Where can I find that thing?
    May the dead of one million open the doors to a new future in Rwanda.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisEU Rome Collectors Edition
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Optimatus View Post
    I am playing HttT, but I cannot find the manual. Where can I find that thing?
    It's on Gamersgate site : http://manuals.gamersgate.com/Heirto...ual_lowrez.pdf

Thank you very much!
    May the dead of one million open the doors to a new future in Rwanda.

First Lieutenant
    Crusader Kings IIEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

I really love it as well

You bunch of sods. Just when I was looking to get some overdue paperwork done having done the Napoleon campaign on the new and much improved Total War I now see that there is this "Heir" expansion out for EU3.

Why do you do this to me!? ;-)

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne

Europa Europa, If Only You would play

I would very much like to say that I love this game too, as so many of you have said here. But as a Steam client, I am having a consistent problem of the game stuttering to a crash. I will be trying to find out what is wrong with the patient, and from my experience with all such purchases, it is going to be a nightmare. If any of you can point me in a good direction, please feel welcome to do so.
    "Please read the rules regarding signatures." - BiB

Ordnung muß sein Supermoderator Veldmaarschalk's Avatar
    77 games registered

200k clubCrusader Kings IIV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by utopianwizard View Post
    I would very much like to say that I love this game too, as so many of you have said here. But as a Steam client, I am having a consistent problem of the game stuttering to a crash. I will be trying to find out what is wrong with the patient, and from my experience with all such purchases, it is going to be a nightmare. If any of you can point me in a good direction, please feel welcome to do so.
    Welcome to the forum, but please edit your signature it is much to long. The maximum number of lines is 10 (including empty ones).

See the forum-rules

For your other question, register your EU3 game to get access to the tech-support forum, where this question belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by vernier View Post
    Speaking of gamersgate, some good reviews there...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast