Thread: Question for Iceman, Raion, Bman.. RE Fleet Orders

Question for Iceman, Raion, Bman.. RE Fleet Orders

The manual isn't real clear, and I tried reading the rest of the post. I seem to be the only dummy to not get fleet orders.

I set my fleet to intercept and when I think I am close enough to engage the next round, the other fleet get's away. Sometimes my fleet will just pass right by the enemy fleet?

What is the best order for simply taking out enemy fleets? Intercept, eliminate?

Think of it as your fleet (or ship) locating exactly where the other ship is and which direction it is going. You may be able to surmise, but it also depends on other factors in the game like Deep Space Scanner (whatever it is and I was just playing the game) and Communication Scanner which is used more for Star System Battles.

It may take your Fleet a few turns to Intercept and it depends on the Speed of your Fleet and all of that also.

Intercept can only be used to "Detain" the ship, and only if you are at War with the other species can you "Eliminate" their Fleet. You can also decide if you want to declare war on them by "Contacting" them by clicking on their Fleet or Planet and viewing the Options given to you - like Diplomacy also screen. If a Minor Race, the only way you can Contact them is to click on one of their star systems or Fleet as they are not listed in the Diplomacy Screen.

If not at War with the Species then all you can do is "Intercept" their Fleet if it is annoying you and you also need "Weapons" on the ship perhaps. Whatever it is, your Fleet is also Detained and must remain there. When you Eliminate their Fleet because you are at War if one or the other player declares War then you have a Space Battle. That is Deep Sky Scanner and the Star System Battles (planets) are the Communication Scanner to see what they have for Defenses there.

You can only "Intercept" at a Star System and your ship holds the other ship there and both do not move, unless the other Fleet escapes (due to speed of the ship or whatever.)

Ok thanks for the tips. I will try and implement them in my fleet plans.

Sorry for the long explanation. You have to right click on their fleet and have your fleet on Intercept. The only problem that I have and some other players also is right clicking on their fleet (ship) is hard to do sometimes especially when it is at a star system and your fleet is there also. Just can not separate them that good. Sometimes I put my fleet on intercept or patrol when holding at a star system, but usually you have to also right click on their fleet (ship).
    It is easier if you can see their fleet inbetween star systems and can find it to click on, and that depends on the Deep Sky Scanner Range.

Communications Scanner Range does the star systems defenses to know what is there.

I guess I will explain it all somehow someday, well, have to go.

East India CompanyFor The GloryLost Empire - Immortals

Quote Originally Posted by Raion View Post
    Sorry for the long explanation. You have to right click on their fleet and have your fleet on Intercept. The only problem that I have and some other players also is right clicking on their fleet (ship) is hard to do sometimes especially when it is at a star system and your fleet is there also. Just can not separate them that good. Sometimes I put my fleet on intercept or patrol when holding at a star system, but usually you have to also right click on their fleet (ship).
    It is easier if you can see their fleet inbetween star systems and can find it to click on, and that depends on the Deep Sky Scanner Range.

Communications Scanner Range does the star systems defenses to know what is there.

I guess I will explain it all somehow someday, well, have to go.
    If only one ship in your fleet has a Communication Scanner, then do all the ships in it's fleet benefit from it, or do you have to have a scanner for each ship?

one ship
    Forum rules:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...aq_forum_rules
    Heraldic Armies: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...eraldic-armies
    Horses Project:http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...Horses-project

Founder: Paradox Modders International, The Iconians Club 20, 150+ friends association,The Chaapa'ai, 500k Club Social Groups