+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Epic of Ethiopia - Ethiopian MMP2 AAR

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

The Epic of Ethiopia - Ethiopian MMP2 AAR

So, I'll start another high-quality AAR, which I will update regularly, as I update my other AAR, The Legacy of Lancasters. Mod will be Magna Mundi Platinum 2 Christmas '09 Edition. I picked up Ethiopia after having an enjoyable game in vanilla HttT. I'm looking forward for some interesting events - even during peacetime. Ethiopia is badly represented in Heir to the Throne (as are other Africa & American native nations), and I've noticed that MMP2 fixes things a lot.
    This AAR is history-book-styled, I have written AARs of just about all other styles but not like this. I got the idea from trashing mad and his Mali AAR. Many thanks!

Chapter I - What happened before the end of 14th century

Ethiopia is the oldest independent country in Africa. It is also the possible home of all humans in the world.

Before the Medieval Era
    Axum, in the northern Tigray region near Adwa, was founded in early 5th century BC. The city's economic importantance through trade was born around 330 BC and flourished with the expansion of the Roman Empire. Ethiopia was mostly living off their trade.

10th to 14th Century
    Little is known about the medieval times of Ethiopia.
    Judaism and Islam grew to be powerful forces in Ethiopia during the hundreds years that had passed. Queen Yodit, who had seized the throne of Ethiopia just little more than 20 years earlier, led a destructive expedition against the Kingdom of Axum north of Ethiopia in late 10th century.

Legends tell that after Yodit had died, the Zagwe dynasty, first based in Lasta, emerged. Many of Ethiopia's churches at Roha date from the reign of the Zagwe king Lalibela. Many fortresses were also erected during the dynasty's reign. Zagwe dynasty was culturally rich. King Yekuno Amlak arose the throne around 1270, ending the Zagwe dynasty. His origins are unknown.

During the fourteenth century, Ethiopian ruler Amda Siyon made a huge effort at expansion, annexing territories and merging them into an the empire which was more or less similar to the boundaries of today. He did it by suppressed ethnic movements and firmly establishing Ethiopia as purely Amharic and Christian nation. He granted autonomy to regional rulers as his feudal vassals with authority over fiefs. In 1382, Dawit I became the
    Negus of the despotic monarchy of Ethiopia. His reign still continues in 1399...

Countries of eastern Africa in 1399
    Last edited by tuore; 30-12-2009 at 23:34.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

I see this one has pretty pictures as well. Looking forward to updates.

Looks interesting - lets see how an eastern African state would fare. Though you`ll have more difficult game than me with Mali - no gold, no CoT and heathens everywhere. Since it`s Magna Mundi, it will be damn hard (and thus entertaining ).

EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club

Quote Originally Posted by thrashing mad View Post
    Looks interesting - lets see how an eastern African state would fare. Though you`ll have more difficult game than me with Mali - no gold, no CoT and heathens everywhere. Since it`s Magna Mundi, it will be damn hard (and thus entertaining ).
    Actually, if I do the same that I did in my test game (expand south to take Swahili and Mutapa), I gain control of 5 gold-producing provinces.

Although I spent over 5 hours making the map, I still don't think it's as pretty as yours. Maybe you're just better with combining the effects.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIRome Gold
    Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

looks awsome Turoe hopefully this will be so pro as your others are or even better

Quote Originally Posted by Derahan View Post
    looks awsome Turoe hopefully this will be so pro as your others are or even better
    For the third time, I'm tuore not turoe!!!

HoI AnthologyCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDungeonlandEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMajesty II CollectionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWar of the Roses
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset InvasionCrusader Kings II: The Republic
    Crusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Will be following this AAR as well. Your AAR's are intersting...
    I eat meat in protest that the vegans eat the animals food!

Colombus didn't need to stop and ask for the way, so I don't need it either.

Awarded the title of "Honorary Finn" by Tuore.

Romanorum Imperator Augustus asd21593's Avatar
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteVictoria: Revolutions

Always had a hard time playing Ethiopia, kinda boring for the first couple of years, lets hope you fare better.
    My AAR Library
    -not writing at the moment-

Quote Originally Posted by asd21593 View Post
    Always had a hard time playing Ethiopia, kinda boring for the first couple of years, lets hope you fare better.
    MMP2 makes sure that even peacetime is interesting.

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourDeus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    ImpireIron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesPirates of Black Cove
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Countries of western Africa in 1399
    *cough* Eastern Africa *cough*

Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

tuore! ther ei got it!

Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection

Ethiopia, an interesting choice and in MMP2 as well.
    I was Sir blsteen, Knight of the Eastern West... in :One Last HurRAAh: A Milanese Empire Interactive AAR:

I was FOTW 11/25/09 and 9/12/10

Quote Originally Posted by FrostPegasus View Post
    *cough* Eastern Africa *cough*

tuore! ther ei got it!
    Hurray!

So, which one is your next target? mamluks or adal? or someone else?

So, which one is your next target? mamluks or adal? or someone else?
    Next target? Have I already had one?
    Seriously talking, I go for Adal.

Drive the muslem bastard out to the ocean!

I updated the first post map. Same map with some nice additional effects

Darkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's Ambition

You're really picking up on your map making skills! Keep up the good work (and the AAR as well, I've always wanted to do an Ethiopian one, although I'd never even contemplate doing it with MMP )!

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegio
    Leviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: Rome
    SengokuSword of the StarsThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the Roses
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Good luck! This looks like it could be fun!
    Active:
    Random World Order(EU4, Random)

Past:
    Beyond Tannenberg IV: The More Things Change(EU4, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Defeated))
    Beyond Tannenberg III: The Last Crusade (EU3, Teutonic Order, COMPLETE (Corrupt Save))
    Resurrection: Rebirth of the United States COMPLETED!
    CatKnight's Inkwell

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordRise of Prussia500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Ethiopia is an interesting choice. Looks like fun. Good luck!
    God's protection is better than the strongest armor or the tallest tower.
    Fan of the Week: 4/25/10 Was a recipient of one of King_Richard_XI's birthday cookies:
    Nationality: American (Dixie), Religion: Southern Baptist, Ideology: Reactionary, Issues: Jingoism
    billy bob's opinion of Mississippi
    My first AAR: Etruria: Forging an Empire (a disaster, but completed)
    My second AAR: Confessions to a Boatman: An Ottoman AAR (dead)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast