• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Someone has not played EU3.
You know, a thousand horsemen or footmen fit into one cog. ;)

I played it, but I send my troops into "Cocas", not "Cogs". :p

19362ndfebsultansanniversery.jpg

Istanbul, 28th of January, 1936.

Sultan Abdul Mejid sat in his room practising his calligraphy. Outside he could hear the crowdswelling in an immense roar as the celebrations continued. Unlike his forebears he had little time for the riotous play of the festival.

Finally he got to his feet and put down his pen, and walked out to the balcony. He saw a glint in the distance, at the entrance to Marmara, and took out his binoculars, before putting them down wondering about his sanity. The Navy had not been expected to do a presentation today...

His phone rang and he listened to the incoherent blathering of the man on the other end. Suddenly his eye was drawn once again to the tiny glint in the distance as a rattle of thunder echoed through the entrance to Marmara and across the sea. He had no idea how he heard it... perhaps it was in his mind.

"Carthage is here?... Ah God! Give me the strength to be as Suleiman was..."​

Entrance to Marmara, January 28th, 1936
The Hamilcar opened up it's guns, as Hanno, Dido and Hannibal did too, a simultaneous crack of cordite, as the Carthaginian Navy fired a salute to the old foe, in advance of the resumption of hostilities perhaps for the final time.​

Last edited:
1471.jpg

A Janissary prepares for battle.

Dey Mirza regarded his troops on the field, the armed core of Janissaries, and then the serfs. Mirza hated the serfs, but there were never enough Janissary, and they swelled the ranks nicely even if they were about as reliable as the weather. The Carthaginian Eagles were approaching down the road along the coast, and he had been informed that the Carthaginian Navy was in the area and superior to the navy that was present. Reinforcements were expected from Crete within the week. He hoped to be alive within the week. This campaign had not been going as desired.

The Carthaginian Berber mercenaries were advancing in a loose skirmish formation infront of the legion's core. He figured three thousand men of Legio 'Leptis Magna', 'Gades' and 'Utica' and a few Nubian auxilia along with the Berbers. Apparently Mehmed the Conqueror had roused his Princes out of their pleasure palaces, but the host would not arrive in time to save Barca. Carthage would once again hold ancient Cyrene. The city would have changed hands for the 7th time in three decades but Dey Mirza would not die in vain. He would take many Carthaginian swine with him this day.

"Janissaries! FORM UP!"​

Last edited:
The Garden of Kadesh. ???

recolouredpetain.jpg

Philippe Petain blinked in the soft sunlight and got to his feet, stretching slowly. Glancing around he soon realised where he was. It was a relief of sorts. All this interpreting of Omens. For once he got it from the horses mouth so to speak, though he thought to himself, she was no horse, by any measure.

One of the Sphinx he had seen previously was sat, watching him with that faintly amused look on it's face. He thought it was what cats would look like if they had human faces to express emotion with.

He looked around once more, and then looked back at the Sphinx. He felt revitalised, as he always did when he came here. Time seemed to pass variably, as he watched a bumblebee floating around a pomegranite he felt his perception accelerated and declined without warning.

After who knew how long, he turned and stood from the spot where he had sat. She was stood, facing away from him, and for a moment he was filled with an urge to reach out and touch her smooth skin.​

astarte2.jpg

"Tedium is the bane of immortality, you know Philippe. We build ourselves these places out of space and time and human reach just to fold into ourselves. We abandon those who have followed us. No more."

She turned to face him, and he trembled slightly in his shoes, the intense energy he felt within himself, that he felt she was focussing upon him, the radiant aura of a goddess.

"The more things Change, the more they stay the same. Boundaries shift, new players step in, but Power always finds a place to rest it's head. Make ready the bed, and take your first steps. This war you will wage, against the world. Carthage must be prepared for Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."

Petain nodded dumbly and she gave him a rather enigmatic smile by means of reply.​

Last edited:
Ah, beautiful women, the best diplomats there are. ;)

How say how awesome my dodgy petain recolour is :p

It is cool, to say the least.

Oh, may I ask how Carthage reacts to the Commune of France? Same as National France or friendlier?

The ruling apparatus has apparently lost interest. Most of society isn't too enamoured with the sand-dune lifestyle. Petain is thus far getting away with it by saying that this will allow the strengthening of the country before a French campaign. If he means it, nobody but he knows.

The ruling apparatus has apparently lost interest. Most of society isn't too enamoured with the sand-dune lifestyle. Petain is thus far getting away with it by saying that this will allow the strengthening of the country before a French campaign. If he means it, nobody but he knows.

Ah, so he's cool with the Syndies? Excellent, I bet we can share the world.

Got a lot of Spanish Cores, and the Civil War will lead to some Chicanery. Have claims on both Italies, so gonna swoop when one or the other is getting pounded. Then probably will end up fighting the Syndies at some point since I have French Riviera claims.

Carthage must be prepared for Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival."

No survival for British, akhem, Carthaginian empire? :D