• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I agree with Hannibal, go to the America's. I hope I can make some sense of the world then ;).

A Brief History of Iberia by Johann von Kallenbrecher, 1935 edition.

800pxlarendicic3b3ndegr.jpg
After the completion of the Iberian Reconquista against the Visigoths in 1486 and the subsequent consolidation on the Iberian Mainland as well as the fall of what was known as 'The Kingdom of the Seagates' that was based in Ceuta the 'Alanic' Dukes of Gaelica did three things.

Firstly they proclaimed a Unified Kingdom of Iberia. This formation lasted only twenty years before upon the death of King Joao the Reconquistadore , Grand Duke Ricimer the Rash of Gaelica, the second son of the King seceded from his older brother Affonso's realm. Dreadful battles were fought but neither could make a decisive advance, partially because Affonso's reign was plagued by Basque and Catalonian uprisings, as well as pro-Visigothic movements along the East Coast. Eventually Iberia was forced to recognise an independant Gaelica.

Hemmed in as such, Ricimer's son, Henry, turned his attention to the seas. It was not long before Iberia took note especially of the tales of the 'West Indies' as had escaped across the border.

A race was on for colonial ventures, which was the second thing that Iberia had been planning anyway though to the south rather than the west. The reconquista had left many well armed and trained military minded men on the peninsula with nobody to turn their ire against (at least after the 1537 peace with Gaelica).

In the meantime though the third task was began. The newly Royal families of Iberia and Gaelica set about intermarrying with European nobility. In particular the Bourbons of Burgundy and the Dukes of Savoy were favoured.

The former seems to have been chosen due to an unackowledged thanks to the predecessors of the Bourbon line in Burgundy, namely the Valois who were so proudly distinguished by the action of Charles Temeraire who convinced the King of France and the Holy Roman Emperor to work together. This allowed the three most powerful men in Europe at the time to direct their main thrust against the heart of the Carthaginian war machine in late 1478 which ultimately lead to the destruction of Visigoth Carthage, as well as Charles own death at the hand of Caliph Gundabad of Carthage.

The Duchy of Savoy was similarly favoured for during the war it had provided the core of the allied fleet that landed at the Village of Tunis and supplied the armies through diligent ferrying against the vastly larger if surprisingly ineffective Carthaginian navy.​

Last edited:
@Readers. So - Age of Colonisation goes on a bit differently, but basically the Americas are those we know and love from KR! Opposed to RL Reconquista, the Gaelicans (Portugal) managed it 6 years in advance of OTL. I'll do a White House discussion tomorrow methinks. Uncertain. Alternatively Mexico. Submit your ballots as usual!

I vote for the White House. Are there any Romans left in this world? Glorious Emperor Gaius Benitus Mussolinius anyone :D.

Last edited:
Carthage was 'Visigoth' in that it was a mongrel Arab/Gothic culture that had survived the 700's since the Visigoths were a much more populous people than the Vandals were, and they retained their Iberian territories until the reconquest of the 1470's-80's. However they had loan words, such as Caliph of Carthage. :D

And no. Rome in the sense of Romans got pretty much eaten up and spat out of course... history is powerful in this realm! The Huns/Langobardi/etc pretty much happened as per history says. There was even the Vandalic sack of Rome. (I made the PoD neat after a bit of research by pouncing the Vandals when Geiseric was on his deathbed)

Oh, and speaking of Huns I've recently enjoyed reading this, which I discovered whilst checking make sure I wasn't inadvertantly cribbing anyone else (I have cribbed a little from someone, but I know my sources!)

The Kingdom of the Seagates was a Carthaginian Successor nation that lasted less than a decade. :)

Last edited:
Castillo de Chapultepec Mexico City, 30th July 1935

248pxdsc00621.jpg
Emiliano Zapata coughed into his handkerchief and looked to Herbert Hoover. The two men had little to speak of really but Mexico needed Coal and America needed assurances about it's southern border. Hoover stretched a little in the fireside chair and sipped his brandy politely. Between them had pretty much beaten out the discussion and he had received the assurances that California and Texas were to be inviolate for the transport of 10,000 tonnes of Michigan Coal sent south every month. The Old Man seemed particularly proud of this piece of political chicanery, his army despite it's aging weapons three times as numerous as fully trained US divisions.

hoovertherber.png

Zapata coughed again and murmured. "This Shadow in Africa.. Eh. Is a bad thing, I think. A shame we are unable to do anything for it." Hoover looked at him thoughtfully. "Indeed... Indeed it is."​

Unnamed US Army Base, Northern Texas.

292pxrexdenning.jpg

General MacArthur paced back and forth, chewing badtemperedly on his Cigar. The Army needed more funding and Hoover was incredibly reluctant it seemed to do such, preferring to deal with that old dog Zapata in the diplomatic arena... Still. Zapata was smallfry to those agitating Syndie Bastards in Chicago. Hoover was an idiot, in MacArthur's opinion, and he could smell the blood in the water before the elections had even began. People weren't confident in this Government and America suffered for it.

Not for much longer though, if he had any say.​

Does it count if you google the guy :D?

Ontopic: interestic setup, but how in the world did you come up with the idea of Carthaginians and Kaiserreich?

Was reminded of general Ripper myself after seeing that pic (Kudo's to who gets the reference) :D. But whoever it is, it ain't Mac.

Himeji Castle, Japan August 2nd 1935

8b776f9c5f7388a3c7e36bd.jpg

Emperor Hirohito sat in quiet thought within the inner rooms of the Castle, considering the news of this far off supposed threat, and the responses of the Europeans. He smirked as he read 'L'Communard' and it's panicked headlines warning that 'the Visigoths and their unholy legions are born again in Petain's hands'. The Frankfurter Zeitung had ran a small article on page 2 concerning 'abstract meterological phenomena' and rationally discussed the topic. Still, the Kaiser seemed to have had his feathers ruffled according to Hiroshi Oshima, the Military Attache in Berlin. Hirohito himself cared little for this foreign weather issue. It showed no sign of spreading. Indeed though, it profitably distracted the German from the Pacific Empire he had been eyeing for awhile. He slowly got to his feet and then stepped into a small side room, in which he had a telephone placed so that he may call anyone he needed whilst he was alone. "Operator. Get me the Chief of Naval Staff please... and have some sushi sent up. Nigiri will do."​

Last edited: