• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Been having a rough time of it - first unwellness but also have to revise for exams...

Now I've got a couple of ideas kicking about, and might even write em up. However I'll make this announcement. Jan 17th will (likely) see our first Ingame events/updates! You can cheer now!

I modded it so it is all nice... and its not working when I try to load it directly - if I load it after loading another country.. it works :eek: :( I don't know what the problem is... I think it is something to do with the counters - it's got HOI2DD Vanilla FRA counter instead of my nice custommed one :(

That or my attempt at a custom skin *sigh*

January 2nd 1936
Philippe Petain was busy, as he made sure that his things were moved just right. It had been six months in the making but he was FINALLY satisfied with the House in Carthage, and so he had moved. Where Petain moved, Government followed. An awkward thing for certain but not particularly difficult to arrange and not something that had worried him unduly. He looked over the documents Francois had brought him, and looked down at the 'Astarte' in the Harbour. Pride of the Carthaginian Navy, and the last ship to be built at Dakar.

1936Jan1territory.jpg

The Extent of Carthaginian Holdings

1936Jan1diplotech.jpg

The contents of the Documents

1936Jan2carthage.jpg

1936jan4energy.jpg

Petr Wrangel stood before the fireplace, stroking his majestic moustache thoughtfully when his ever bungling minion Vlassov came in, trailed by the Ilich Antonov and Nikolai Makalov.

"Your Ministers of Intelligence and Armament, your Autocraticness." said Vlassov carefully. There was a cough from the wall. "And the Minister for Security."

"I know who they are Vlassov you fool!" yelled Wrangel in response. "I bloody sent you to get me them 2 hours ago! You are dismissed until I am done speaking with these men! When you return, bring my whip."

"I-i-i-it Shall be Done, Master." Vlassov shuffled out, as Makalov visibly cringed.

"Tell me Ilich Antonov, if that is really who you are... what do we know of this Carthage?"

"Nothing, I am afraid my predecessor spent his budget on booze and whores"

"Drat! Well, Makalov, as I am sure you are aware... they're offering us some supplies for a few bargeloads of coal. We can do that right?"

"I suppose sir, though... French guns?"

"Nonsense! Only the finest white flags!" The wall coughed again.
"WHAT IS IT YOU HORRIBLE DWARF?"

"Master, the French want to sell us Helmets and Uniforms"
"Perfect... their stylish desert wear has always been a favourite of mine... It will be so. Now go away!"

The men shuffled out, as Vlassov passed them going in. They hurried down the corridor quickly as the sound of a pained scream followed their footsteps.

1936jan7claims.jpg

Announcements had began to appear more regularly since Petain had finally unpacked his belongings, along with the rest of his government. On the 7th of January the Carthaginian Regime sent a missive to Germany, Spain, Libya, The Repubblica dell Sicilia and the Papacy. It was official. Carthage marched to the drumbeat of Legions.

1936jan7claims2.jpg

The response in Libya was frenetic as Nuri Bey begged the Governor for more troops to be sent from the Empire. The response was... useless at best.

"Yes, we are quite sorry Mr. Bey, but I'm afraid the Empire doesn't have the troops at this time. Yes we are aware of the sunlight issue. Yes the old foe has been reborn - but the Empire can barely keep order in the Bosphorus, never mind prosecute an African Campaign. This isn't the 15th Century! Good day!"
19367thjanlibyaclaimresponse.jpg

Carthage owned the Canarias in this time line?

i think that instead of cyrenaica you should claim lebanon - the ancient home of carthaginians - phoenitia

oh and you could make greater greece since greeks where always your allies especially against persia and rome

1936Jan10.jpg

Stanley Bruce coughed quietly as his armaments minister entered the room and rubbed his eyes. "I've been speaking with Petain. Did you know they don't even have basic computing machines? I've been thinking some sort of package of knowledge to be directed to Carthage. We can't leave our allies like some retrograde nation."​

//sorry guys - tonsillitis + exams is eating my time.

Last edited:
Australians of all people bring your tech up to par, the humiliation :D.