• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ah, so it is the City Imperial, the Red Apple, New Rome, the City.

Also happens to be my birth place. I'm afraid I'll have to sabotage the Romans though, Mehmet the Conqueror will be Ceaser comes 1453 ;).

P.S. to the uninitiated: the Byzantines called themselves Rhomaioi, Romans; and Turks still call Greeks Rum = Roman.

Very true, Christians have always been quite good at re-marketing Pagan ideas, like Easter eggs :rolleyes: Good luck finding your lost brother...

Indeed, and very convenient too in terms of continuity

Ah, so it is the City Imperial, the Red Apple, New Rome, the City.

Also happens to be my birth place. I'm afraid I'll have to sabotage the Romans though, Mehmet the Conqueror will be Ceaser comes 1453 ;).

P.S. to the uninitiated: the Byzantines called themselves Rhomaioi, Romans; and Turks still call Greeks Rum = Roman.

well the aar is going to he a history of the city & its owner, so your boy may yet get his chance .. ;)

Well, all things being equal, that was a bit quieter than was to be expected. Essentially the emperor is out of cash and being a bit fiscally prudent, and is rather scared of some large locals, so we sat tight ... and got on with what we're good at.

So, whilst they've exhausted all the local regimes with legitimacy problems, they've not married off every eligible person, so Wallachia was next on the banquet circuit:

... but obv not dumb, our royal family may have their uses but they don't trust our military zeal:

meantime, my brother in the church popped in to point out the sort of problems that might occur if we do go Catholic:

However, not eveyone is convinced that Byzantine minor royals are sex gods:

By mid-summer things over in Anatolia were hotting up. Little brother was on the rampage and Candar put an end to one dynastic inheritence gamble ... and we never got the groom back either:

However, fear does help, Wallachia suddenly decided we might be good for fighting after all:

However, the years other recurrent grumble, other than the cost of all the marriages was money ... possibly the two were related. Bosnia and Epirus did us a favour by paying to take 2 self-styled 'great-men' away and brother heard rumours they were eyeing up church revenues as well.

But it was in that godforsaken corner of Greece, Morea, that they actually found someone brave enough to both count and tax the locals:

However, all this fussing in Morea had already upset Achaea. One check at their list of guarantors rather put the Emperor off doing much more than being mildly offended though:

So we ended up the year with 4 minor royals married off (and one already dead), an ally and some sort of dispute with Achaea, 1 more ship and no wars. In the meantime little brother has got his hands full. Not only are the Timurids still pretty active, Candar is well on its well to becoming a power to be reckoned with:

Problem with the spying part of sex and spying is it costs money - which we don't have, but then so does building an army. What we really need is for little brother and his new chums to upset someone big and nasty, and preferably with a navy.

It looks like the Ottomans might not be as threatening as first thought. Or maybe as they are pushed westwards they will do the same :eek:

Aye, I have the feeling of any small state with a big neighbour - I sort of want a new regional bully to turn up and deal with them ... but then I have the problem of an even bigger threat later on. I've not played EU3 since IN 3.1 so I'm assuming there is still a massive Greek revolt to come, also with war exhaustion a number of the Ottoman provinces are getting restive already.

I'll need to get HTTT when I go back to Maine after New Years. Though I have been pre-occupied with HoI3 recently :).

Good luck with whomever controls the City!

I like mixing the two. Not least, when playing EU3 I don't have the lags and scrolling problems I'm currently having with HOI3. But this just seems so much more jolly than the rather grim proceedings of WW2.