• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That was wonderful, written nice and crisply. And the roleplaying sounds like great fun.

I was thinking about ways to incorporate this kind of thing into EU2, so that you would gain VPs by roleplaying. Things like giving diplomatic monarchs more points for diplomatic things than military things (for example) and giving bad monarchs points for losing territory.

Had to check in here and say bravo! Very original idea, I'm looking forward to seeing your take on Spain.

I think this could become a whole series with guest authors like the Venice threads. Diffrent writers get to roleplay the different monarchs. If not for Spain, then some other country.

BTW, if you do decide to try this, count me in.

Last edited:
Warspite,

Rare is the player who has the courage to post a "failed" AAR. Even rarer the one who can say he enjoyed it (I never do:D just too darn competitive). Truly legendary the person who can do the first two and then write well enough about it to make others enjoy it as well.

Well done.:D

First let me thank each of you for taking the time to look at my idea for playing the game differently. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. Thanks for also enjoying this quick AAR.

Prufrock- I honestly was getting bored playing the game like I always do, so I came up with this Idea to rekindle interest for myself mainly

CRex- Yeah I have to admit that is the quickest AAR I ever did, took me about a week or less, partly because I approach it monarch to monarch in a swift fashion. Also I died half way in the game (bad monarch *spank*)

Alaexis-That was discussed earlier by MrT but I find that I cant make it too detailed or complicated. I enjoy it with a few ground rules for decision making and roleplaying but mostly just simple.

Pishtaco-Thats an awesome idea about the VPs, wow imagine the possibilies. Ironically i suggested something to this effect a year ago when I beta tested the game with Paradox. I had an idea to incorperate more of the monarchs personality but it got too complicated to put in the engine.

Craig Ashley-Thanks again Craig, I will get started on spain soon. I am doing more research for that one though. YOu will see in the first post what I mean by that.

Shawng1-Coming from a great veteran writer as yourself Shawn I thank you for your comments. Man that is the stuff that inspires me to do more. I hope you like my Spain AAR and Roman AAR this much too;)

What a Game!

Warspite, you should have used EEP Cambodia. Country setup is a bit more historical being that Cambodia also inlcudes Mekong Delta while Champa was moved north to Da Lat. I have worked to diversify my country a bit with events. Some descriptions you would have read are:
"King Ang Chan (1516-66), one of the few great Khmer monarchs of the post-Angkorian period, moved the capital from Phnom Penh to Lovek. Portuguese and Spanish travelers who visited the city, located on the banks of the Tonle Sab, a river north of Phnom Penh, described it as a place of fabulous wealth. The products traded there included precious stones, metals, silk and cotton, incense, ivory, lacquer, livestock (including elephants), and rhinoceros horn (prized by the Chinese as a rare and potent medicine)."
"Angkor, the capital of the Khmer Empire, was undoubtedly as splendid as any European city. It was built between the 9th and 14th centuries as the administrative and religious center of the powerful Khmer Empire. Zhou Daguan, a Chinese envoy in Cambodia from 1296-1297, described a glittering city of palaces and pagodas, palanquins and elephants, concubines, celestial dancers, and slaves. With the revival of the Khmer Empire, the Khmer King wished to bring back the splendor of Angkor with the construction and restoration of buildings and monuments."

Sweet, do you have any good sources on Cambodian history for this period, I found some but not much it would be a huge lift for my curiosity.

Thanks Philip

Go tp http://www.angkors.com/map of angkor empire.htm for map of Angkor Empire. For ex., here is one such map:
map%20empire.gif

This is good site: http://www.cambodia-travel.com/khmer-civilization.htm
I read a lot about Khmer in books to like Cambodia: A Country Study.
Unfortunately, EUII starts right before the end of the Khmer Empire, sorta like Byzantium. Khmer Empire and golden age of Angkor came to end when the Thai forces from Ayutthaya sacked Angkor in 1431.
Angkor Wat- the largest religious edifice in the world. Built during the golden age of Angkor:
17.jpg
angkor.gif

I finally got around to this AAR and it was worth it. Very innovative Warspite. I'm going to have to try something like this in my next game. I think I'll try a larger country though. ;) Again well done.

Joe

Originally posted by Storey
I finally got around to this AAR and it was worth it. Very innovative Warspite. I'm going to have to try something like this in my next game. I think I'll try a larger country though. ;) Again well done.

Joe
Why larger country? I should think Cambodia is large enough in EEP with provinces of Cambodia, Khmer, and Mekong Delta.:confused: Then perhaps you can expand to reach the Khmer Empire's boundaries at its zenith...:cool: