• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(140324)

Nitro Games
3 Badges
Apr 23, 2009
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • East India Company
  • East India Company Collection
Hi all!

Patch 1 is now available for both Director's Cut and Privateer!

I'm sorry for the late date. We've been having problems getting hosting for the patches - christmas seems
to be a busy season for everyone. Patches are now temporarily hosted on our servers.

FOR STEAM AND IMPULSE USERS:
DO NOT INSTALL these patches. You will get your versions straight from Steam and Impulse later!

East India Company: Designer's Cut Patch 1:

http://files.nitrogames.com/eic/eic_designers_cut_patch_1_en.zip (ENGLISH version)
http://files.nitrogames.com/eic/eic_designers_cut_patch_1_de.zip (GERMAN version)
http://files.nitrogames.com/eic/eic_designers_cut_patch_1_fr.zip (FRENCH version)

This patch can be installed on top of any previous version of East India Company. Please exit the game before
applying the patch.

Patch notes:

- problem with combining fleets fixed
- problem with surrendered or destroyed ships still showing on strategic map fixed
- island levels optimized
- experience from trading is now gained
- bought ships are now shown in the Financial report
- continent-icon now changes according to the selected port in Port View
- Battle of Trafalgar can now be launched from EIC
- port positions fixed in Port View Map
- ports can now be selected from the Port View Map
- value of the ship being sold now shown when selling in the Port View
- imported tons now shown in Diplomacy

East India Company: Privateer Patch 1:

http://files.nitrogames.com/eic/eic_privateer_patch_1_en.zip (ENGLISH version)
http://files.nitrogames.com/eic/eic_privateer_patch_1_de.zip (GERMAN version)
http://files.nitrogames.com/eic/eic_privateer_patch_1_fr.zip (FRENCH version)

This patch requires East India Company: Privateer. Please exit the game before applying the patch.

Patch notes:

- escaped ships still on map bug fixed
- combining fleets bug fixed
- island level fix
- installer creates Cache-folder now
- in quick battle player won't sometimes start next to the fort anymore
- surrender popup added
- welcome-speech added
- experience from trading now gained
- portview-map port position fixes
- ship selling price now shown in the sell-popup

Sorry for the delays - it's something that we cannot affect. Hope this temporary arrangement helps those who have had trouble with the game.

Merry christmas! :D

I had rolled back to 1.06, and I have Pirate Bay. Is there any certain order I should re-install to get everything to work? Will Pirate Bay be affected by DC and/or by the patches?

Thank you, Merry Christmas to you too:)

Thank you, installed the privateer patch and it seems to have fixed all the bugs I had experienced. I'm still staying with 1.06 though, I like my 3d ports!

Happy Christmas/Kwaanza/Hannuhka/Solstice/Whatever the hell you celebrate to all :D

I just DL this game through Steam and DL the Patch and says its not installed...

Is there a fix yet?

I have so much free time over Xmas and was looking forward to wasting some of it on this game.

I'm trying to download the designers cut and the patch on dial-up . I can't seem to get more than half done without getting cut off . I have a download manager but it doesn't seem to work with GamersHell downloads . Could anyone recomend a download manager that will work ? I had no trouble downloading patch 3 - v 1.06 . Just can't seem to download anything over 80mbs without trouble .

I just DL this game through Steam and DL the Patch and says its not installed...

Is there a fix yet?

I have so much free time over Xmas and was looking forward to wasting some of it on this game.

Hi,
your game will be updated through Steam and you cannot apply the downloaded patch. The latest version is 1.12 and you see the version number in the Main Menu, so you can check if the latest patch is applied or not.

I'm trying to download the designers cut and the patch on dial-up . I can't seem to get more than half done without getting cut off . I have a download manager but it doesn't seem to work with GamersHell downloads . Could anyone recomend a download manager that will work ? I had no trouble downloading patch 3 - v 1.06 . Just can't seem to download anything over 80mbs without trouble .

Try our mirror, http://forum.piratesahoy.net//index.php?app=downloads&showfile=69

To Confirm install order

Hi, My EIC is on order, a shiny disc which will arrive later this week.
To confirm, do I need just the last patch, or should I install all three in the correct order.
I then want to add designers cut, as I found all the same issues in the demo which it addresses - I can only find a link to DC Patch 1...is that the correct file ?

Thanks for your help

Sharpe

New users info on Patching

To answer my own Question, Disc arrived today, and after install, asked to download Designers cut...did that, installed it...Program would not start, missing d3dx_9_42.dll..... Uninstalled, tried to patch using Patch 1, 2 and then 3...didnt work, then tried just patch 3..worked, then designer cut...same problem..After an hour the following worked....
Install the Game, then apply Designer cut patch1..(not the one it downloads for you). then go to the installed directory, find the Direct X folder, and run the install from that folder again...success..it worked. Now shows Version 1.12 in top right corner. Enjoy..

cheers All

Enough is enough. Another week and bye bye STEAM.

That is a nice thought I really don't like Steam either. Problem you have to re-buy all your games again. Luckily I had only purchased one game through steam. Unfortunately now I can no longer play Buccaneer. I would rather not buy for digital distribution and prefer a box or disk.

That is a nice thought I really don't like Steam either. Problem you have to re-buy all your games again. Luckily I had only purchased one game through steam. Unfortunately now I can no longer play Buccaneer. I would rather not buy for digital distribution and prefer a box or disk.

i prefer the box also, but that seems to be going the way of the dodo and newspapers. that's why i bought directly from gamersgate. if you get a new comp, or have to re-format, or just uninstalled a game, you can download as many times as you need to. they save your games on their servers.

now if GG ever goes offline, or FSM forbid, out of business, i might be in trouble

DUDE! 1.12 rocks!
that thing loads about twice as fast as before, and also plays allot faster! Holy smokes!

That normal?:confused: You guys changed something?

did i download a patch or a PC upgrade?

:eek:
:D

Appreciated! keep going like that!

As a pc gamer, I believe not being able to get a box version of some games is driving some PC gamers to console gaming. I know a number of pc gamers who will not purchase a game off steam or any other internet site. They as well as me want the box and disk in hand. This is not a problem with console gaming, at least not yet. Just my 2 cents worth.

It's all price driven. Download means no physical media, no box, no shipping to stores, no manual. I too miss the days when you would get a color map or chart of some sort along with a real manual. The manual I have for Talonsoft's East Front II is 240 pages long. It's hard to learn a game when you have a .pdf file instead of a hard copy. And printing out a manual, at least to me, is just an added cost.

Nostalgia aside, I use Gamers Gate and have had no problems with them at all. I have re-downloaded games several times and GG allows me to put my games on my laptop as well.