• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
One thing you could try is not to install Pirate Bay, which is the source of the most problems. Install the rest of the addons, or only EIC+DC, and see if the original issues with the game are fixed. Then we could think how to get Pb installed as well.

The game really has no issues but the occasional CTD and several times when I replayed the battle the CTD didnt happen again. The only 100% issue is in this battle I was carrying the diplomatic letter and won 3 times and every time it crashed so I was forced to simulate it.

I have noticed that if you select the "wait till full" option at the port, fleets that carry Marines will have ships whose cargo is considered to be 0. Perhaps this should be revised since Marines are actually cargo so that ship *IS* full.

For the rest, I am still installing and I want ALL the bundle. ATM I am downloading Trafalgar, then installing it, eventually patching it and then downloading DC and eventually patching it.

I think you should post a list for the GG buyers so they don't undergo the same problems I did because the GG page lists patches with a different name/number and the internal updater of the game is not so evident (and even when it is, you've seen what, it takes a specific step to step procedure), that will save time for everyone.

All right following what I understood of your directions I installed in this order (launching the appropriate link after each install or patch):

EiC (did not install EiC DC patch as you said not to)
Pir8 Bay
EiC Patch 3 (required to patch Pir8 Bay)
Pir8 Bay Patch 1
Privateer
Privateer Patch 1
Battle of Trafalgar (no update available)
Designer's Cut
DC Patch 1

Now, it looks like the game is not creating the EiC Link on the desktop. I created this link pointing at EiC.exe and the game is now at the status quo of before uninstalling: DC 1.12.

I suppose the standard EiC would be this one where Pvteer, Pir8 Bay and Trafalgar are mods, right?

Time to play. :)

Let me know if i did it all right, again, I think this procedure should be stickied for the GG buyers of EiC Collection.

Now, it looks like the game is not creating the EiC Link on the desktop. I created this link pointing at EiC.exe and the game is now at the status quo of before uninstalling: DC 1.12.

Microsoft recommends not to create desktop icons starting from Windows Vista and therefore one is not created. Yes, eastindia.exe is the right file.

Let me know if i did it all right, again, I think this procedure should be stickied for the GG buyers of EiC Collection.

Ok sounds about right, I hope everything works now. :)

The bundle that GG is selling is not the official EIC Collection which has a single installer for all the addons. But yes maybe we need some kind to howto for installing the addons separately.

Everything seems to work properly. I had just one CTD and at the pace I am playing it's quite astonishing (they were a lot more!) so it means installing with this procedure did the trick.

I do have a few issues but they are game related, meaning how to do best some things. The manual is a bit "short" on how to make the most money, how to correctly use diplomacy (Even when offering a pact it seems the other factions see it as a hard predicament to accept) and how to properly win battles. I mean... a tiplist, a guide or something (not the prima guide please!). Isn't there a thread like that in the forums? I can't seem to find it. :)

Any user-based mod based on realism and accuracy you can recommend?

Good to hear it works! :cool:

Here's a good thread about strategies: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415364

I'm not sure if there are any realism/accuracy mods made but if you're curious enough you can edit files under Data/AI with notepad. Dunno what kind of accuracy you mean but f.ex cannonball damages and accuracies can be adjusted at Data/AI/misc.txt.

Good to hear it works! :cool:

Here's a good thread about strategies: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415364

I'm not sure if there are any realism/accuracy mods made but if you're curious enough you can edit files under Data/AI with notepad. Dunno what kind of accuracy you mean but f.ex cannonball damages and accuracies can be adjusted at Data/AI/misc.txt.

Well that's something but I think the game needs some tweaking that can't be done via modding.

I have been playing intensively, very intensively I should say, this week so I have a few impressions to express and I hope you guys will listen.

The limit to 5 ships per fleet can be accurate because at that point in time there really wasn't the habit of travelling in convoys. However, the real issue with the 3d battle is that unless there's very strong wind, most of the battles will take a lifetime even at higher speeds because ships move very very slowly. The bigger the ship, the slower it moves of course.

This limit on 5 ships then becomes critical because you would use a cutter to slow down the big enemy ships and then close in (next day, when it arrives) with your galleons. This is a real issue with the 3d, ships move far too slowly and if you have the misfortune of starting against the wind, you easily get caught almost immobile by the enemy fleet coming downwind on you. Unfortunately you either use cutters/fast or transports/slow or galleons/immobile so a fleet with max 5 ships is not versatile. Just a bit more manouverability and speed for all ships (keeping the proportions) would help a lot enjoying the 3d battles more. At present time it's pretty tedious with you being almost immobile almost all the time... yet if you simulate the battle those ships you would NEVER catch, actually engage your galleons and you get to sink them. This is BAD... sim should reflect the most likely result of a 3d battle otherwise when facing one transport with my 5 galleons I will always in win SIM battle and always have the transport escape in 3d battle. This means in SIM mode the battle should end with the transport escape not with my victory by sim-sinking it.

Another issue I found is related to wait for full load. Ships that are loaded with Marines will be considered as cargo-empty but of course those marines ARE cargo so they can't be loaded. If you tick this option on a commander that has marines in his fleet, you are sure to keep for 1 or 2 years his fleet totally imobile in a port (this increases the micromanagement component dramatically and should be fixed ASAP).

On a final note, if I as Britain hold 4 ports and Spain only holds one, and if I keep sinking its ships where does all its money come from? We need a better AI and better AIs do not cheat. This is most certainly my top priority, personally. All the rest can stand and I am ok with it but these things should be a bit worked on.

Just my 5c I hope you guys will listen for next patch. :rolleyes:

Ah and before I forget... the AI should attack my fleets more, especially when we are neutral to each other and, of course, when we are at war. I can see most of the times it's me attacking the AI and, to be honest, I am not sure whether I was EVER attacked by the AI at all.

Finally, it feels VERY strange to fight xebecs and galleons who never carry Marines. It does feel particularly wrong when facing pirates but the outcome of a battle where you have marines and the AI hasn't is quite obvious. As you get in musket firing range, you shoot their crew but they don't shoot yours. Coupled with the rout + fear skill of your captain that feels like a cheat basically and should be corrected. Give fear and other skills to AI captains and give 'em the marines too. :)

Bought the original version few months back. It was crashing repeatedly. Downloaded Designer's Cut 3 days back. Still has following problems:
1. Tutorial Part 1 on General Intro is missing. Starts with Strategic Level only. In the 3rd part, my ship never seems to catch up with the enemy to fire.
2. As I had played the game earlier, I started with the Campaign. I have 2 items of trade in my Cutter. Bought 5 tons of Porcelain from Port Blair and went to an Indian Port to sell 5 tons of steel & buy 5 tons of Silk. When I click on the sell button for Steel, it sells the Porcelain instead. I tried it several times, with the same result.
3, When I press the Windows key, the computer is unable to switch to another program. This program stays locked until I start Task Manager. I have not had this problem with other games.

I'm trying to learn how to play East India Company Collection from Impulse. I started with the tutorial, and I see 2 tutorial sections. The first one has text that says it is the 2nd tutorial. The 2nd one has text that says it is the 3rd tutorial.

I am missing part of this game?