Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Paradox Interactive Acquires Strategy Developer AGEOD

Paradox Interactive Acquires Strategy Developer AGEOD

Just announced:

Paradox Interactive Acquires Strategy Developer AGEOD

NEW YORK – December 17, 2009 - Paradox Interactive, the leading PC strategy publisher, announced today that it has acquired full ownership of AGE Studio, parent company of renowned French development studio AGEOD. This acquisition merges two titans of the strategy gaming community and adds a variety of upcoming titles to the expanding Paradox Interactive portfolio.

“We have played and enjoyed AGEOD’s titles for years and greatly respect what they have achieved as a development studio. We see this acquisition as an opportunity to make AGEOD’s titles accessible to a wider audience on the global market,” said Fredrik Wester, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “AGEOD will continue to operate as a self-run partner studio, with its own line of products based on the AGE-engine and its own development team while Paradox will assist with our publishing resources and networks,” Wester continued.

“This alliance will allow AGEOD to expand our audience and availability via Paradox’s worldwide network as well as obtain skills and expertise that our limited means prevented us to achieve on our own,” Philippe Thibaut, lead game designer and co-founder of AGEOD noted. “We will concentrate on our core expertise of product development and be able to offer our customers brand new strategy games as early as 2010, with the same level of care and dedication that we have for the past 5 years.”

Philippe Malacher, Head of Development and co-founder of AGEOD, added, “We are confident that, ultimately, all strategy game customers will be the primary beneficiaries of this partnership that will allow us to build more extensively on our past successes and on Paradox’s invaluable preponderance on the marketplace.”

The first title to release under this new alliance is Rise of Prussia, scheduled for a Q1, 2010 release. For more information, please visit www.ParadoxPlaza.com, follow us on twitter @pdxinteractive.com or join the community on our Facebook fan page.
    /s
    Last edited by Shams; 17-12-2009 at 15:26.
    Chun Li: My father saved his village at the cost of his own life. You had him shot as you ran away. A hero at a thousand paces!
    Bison: I'm sorry... I don't remember any of it.
    Chun Li: You don't remember?
    Bison: For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me... it was Tuesday.

Twitter: @ShamsJorjani

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta
    V2 AHD BetaPride of NationsRise of Prussia500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Well shut my mouth and call me corn pone.
    I'm a 19th century man inflicting himself upon a 21st century world.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Unbelievers always want other people to act like Christians." - Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

my nightmares have come true
    "Douchová, vemte si koště a zameťte chodník."
    "We was not snoggin! If you must know, we was talking about council rehousing."
    "I need this place like I need a shotgun blast to the face."

200k clubCrusader Kings IIEU3 Complete500k club

"In democracy, it's your vote that counts. In feudalism, it's your count that votes."
    Great move. I relish the day I see Frederik shaking the hand of Sid Meier with the headlines

"Paradox Interactive Acquires Civilization Series"

Then it shall become "Johan Andersson's Civilization 5" :P

Quote Originally Posted by PANGI View Post
    my nightmares have come true
    Sorry to hear that.

Personally, I think this is a very good match for all involved

Forum's #1 Irishman Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Great move. I relish the day I see Frederik shaking the hand of Sid Meier with the headlines

"Paradox Interactive Acquires Civilization Series"
    Ahem. I think that would excite me just a little too much...

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Sword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessV2 Beta

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
    Sorry to hear that.

Good to have you back.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Unbelievers always want other people to act like Christians." - Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card

Sorry to hear that.

I hope so...i hope AGEOD will only benefit from this and keep up its superb work as so far.
    "Douchová, vemte si koště a zameťte chodník."
    "We was not snoggin! If you must know, we was talking about council rehousing."
    "I need this place like I need a shotgun blast to the face."

As the communique says... Same people, same line of products, same game engine ... No reason to fear the worst. And perhaps this time our great games at AGEOD will be known throughout the solar system, or even multiverse!

Blog Entries
    This is going to take some getting used to, I have to say.

Deputy Citizen Commisar Dr. Zoidberg's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Welcome aboard
    I figured I would see this one day, and if it helps you guys at AGEOD sell some more games, then I'm all for it.

But we want rafiki back. I'm surprised Paradox did not put that in the contract.
    Hono(u)rary Texan

"As a matter of fact, I swallowed one of these about 3 hours ago. The explanation is, that it is infact, my hand"

Blog Entries

I don't know.

Just felt appropriate somehow.

50 games registered

A Game of DwarvesCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    DungeonlandEast India Company CollectionDivine WindHOI3: Their Finest HourImpire
    King Arthur IILead and GoldLeviathan: WarshipsThe Kings CrusadeMagicka
    Majesty 2March of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CirclePirates of Black CoveRome Gold
    SengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarStarvoidThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesCK2: Holy KnightKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    Teleglitch: Die More EditionEUIV: Call to arms event

Does this mean Paradox will one day take over EA?

Can we expect "alternative history sports games" one day?

I see (in french) that AGEOD has quite a few titles I recognise, nice.

200k clubCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneKing Arthur II
    MagickaMajesty 2Semper FiVictoria 2Mount & Blade: Warband

Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires. Argentina

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Zoidberg View Post
    Welcome aboard
    I figured I would see this one day, and if it helps you guys at AGEOD sell some more games, then I'm all for it.

But we want rafiki back. I'm surprised Paradox did not put that in the contract.
    You should be happy, you got a double combo... AGEOD bought by Paradox and rafiki is back... you can't complain...
    AGEOD Facebook Fanpage - news & screenshots about the upcoming games!
    FACEBOOK: AGEOD - Pride of Nations
    Pride of Nations already available!! - AGEOD forum - Paradox forum
    -------
    Football Manager: La AAR chaquetera oficial FM 2007, FM 2008

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight
    EU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    Great move. And definitely better than the other way round.
    Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. -Isa 41:10

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. -John 3:16
    -------------------------------

My machine specs: i7 2600 @ 3.4 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Radeon HD6870 with 1 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit

200k clubAchtung PanzerCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourThe Kings Crusade
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesNaval War: Arctic CircleRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

First AGEOD, next...the world?

Achtung PanzerHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Blog Entries
    Wow! Great news on a great purchase. PI has become a strategy giant indeed.
    "All warfare is based on deception." Sun Tzu, Ping Fa.

Paradoxian Wiki Network:
    HoI 3 | HoI 2 | EU3 | EU2 | Vicky | Vicky 2

On forum hiatus since 2013

Paradox Code Kitteh Paradox Dev Team podcat's Avatar
    200k clubHoI AnthologyDiplomacyFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Mikebloke View Post
    Does this mean Paradox will one day take over EA?

Can we expect "alternative history sports games" one day?
    I for one would like to beat ze germans on my xbox in "Summer Olympics: 1936"

Deputy Citizen Commisar Dr. Zoidberg's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLegioEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Hehe, but I *am* here, aren't I
    But we know where your true loyalties lie.
    Hono(u)rary Texan

"As a matter of fact, I swallowed one of these about 3 hours ago. The explanation is, that it is infact, my hand"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast