Closed Thread
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23 48 73 88 96 97 98
Results 1,941 to 1,948 of 1948

Thread: Realpolitik - An interactive AAR concept

For those of you who don't know, election for epu started.
    Current President of the United States of America

"Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" The unalienable rights of man. The united American party
    stands for rights of all man or woman!

Join the United American Party in E Pluribus Unum
    today! Social Group here

♦ Totally Random Productions ♦ TRP's Avatar
    Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Servant View Post
    But NKVD was going to bolt, due to you guys not listening AT ALL to their leader, and the PCP was falling apart due to decolonization and the rise of Avatar Federal. It was rather likely that, in 1938, the government would have fallen.

I don't understand why you would think Syndicalism is an radical idea. They're not commies, just pseudo-anarchists wanting to extend the democratic system to apply to economics. Their whole gimmick was merely letting workers control the economy, it isn't really that hard to just surrender at least some power to the workers. And really, the local government posts are going to be democratically elected; nothing ever prohibits rich CEOes from actually getting elected. They just have to get the support of the people. If capitalism is so awesome, then the people would vote for capitalists to run the syndicates.

What would a "moderate" left-wing party do anyway in this game? Raise the minimum wage? Allow for more powerful unions? It doesn't really seem to do anything more than be a stop-gap measure to calm the passions of the working class (who, by the way, overthrew Britain and France), and it would have likely been boring (why else did you get the Coalition of Glory?), so why not just go the whole hog? And, once the Syndicalists actually turn Germany into a Syndie utopia, we finally expose revanchist France and revanchist Soviet Union for the lies they are.

Of course, I could have likely made compromise more likely if I was appointed as some sort of ambassador to represent the Left, but meh.
    AAR is over guys, there really is no point in necroing this thread over and over with your political bickering . So I suggest we let this drop before the sta mods come in and lock us down

Quote Originally Posted by kovan09 View Post
    For those of you who don't know, election for epu started.
    Yes, everyone remember to vote in the E Pluribus Unum elections!

Now, I'm back to my books!

-Vincent
    Last edited by TRP; 12-01-2010 at 09:12.
    Laurence and Vincent - Totally Random productions (unrelated to the Total Realism mod)
    Post-Nuke Project - A Total Conversion for Darkest Hour - Pre-Alpha released

Retired AAR writers, our work can be found on our Inkwell page

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I feel so bad to bump the thread, but I would like to tell that I've followed TRP's will and started Realpolitik II in the AoD After Action Reports. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=468949
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    I feel so bad to bump the thread, but I would like to tell that I've followed TRP's will and started Realpolitik II in the AoD After Action Reports. http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=468949
    Looks excellent . This has our blessing

Regards,
    -Vincent, formerly Totally Random Productions
    Laurence and Vincent - Totally Random productions (unrelated to the Total Realism mod)

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - ImmortalsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by TRP View Post
    Looks excellent . This has our blessing

Regards,
    -Vincent, formerly Totally Random Productions
    Thanks, nice to know you are following it. Now I just need to attract some people from the HoI2 forum to move in it. Strange that most people haven't moved over to Arsenal of Democracy.
    1914-1964 - the Ultimate Strategy Game

200k clubEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by tuore View Post
    Thanks, nice to know you are following it. Now I just need to attract some people from the HoI2 forum to move in it. Strange that most people haven't moved over to Arsenal of Democracy.
    It's to complicated.

HoI 2 = The best HoI
    Brittania: A Saga of Albion - Hiatus
    AwAARds
    WritAAR of the Week 11/23/09
    Character WritAAR of the Week 03/08/10
    Showcased 24/04/2010
    Favourite CK History Book AAR 07/06/2010 and 01/02/2011

I think EPU petered out around the PSA/USA civil war. The disintegration of the United States really felt like it was destined because the game was set in Kasierreich. There were other flaws too, of course. I just wanted to point that out.

Darkest Hour

A special announcement

Today, we officially kicked off the release of La Republique, Realpolitik's official sequel. Bigger, badder, and with more features than ever

- Laurence and Vincent, Totally Random Productions

Closed Thread
Page 98 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23 48 73 88 96 97 98