• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another Very Important Announcement

The New AAR will be a USA KR AAR. The Title is yet to be determined, any ideas can be sent to me via PM.

I recommend a 21 gun salute for the new project, she will have the subtitle Realpolitik2 in memoriam of the project that bore it.

Alex

I approve, not like that means much, but still ;)

Then it is decided. We will make a final closing speech tomorrow evening (GMT), after which we will ask the moderators to close down Realpolitik. All further inquiries can be sent to Alexon through PM​

May our little project inspire many writers to create their own similar AAR.

-TRP

Last edited:
USA? Well I was hopping for some countries with some actual challenge in managing it, like Russia or Union of Britain. With USA the civil war is probably the only issue (If it will even come to it). After it ends there wont be much to do.

USA? Well I was hopping for some countries with some actual challenge in managing it, like Russia or Union of Britain. With USA the civil war is probably the only issue (If it will even come to it). After it ends there wont be much to do.

Look at it as a blank slate. The game master is free to mod as they choose :D

Look at it as a blank slate. The game master is free to mod as they choose :D

Well yea, but com on. USA? Where is the challenge in managing that country anyway? There are only internal enemies, external enemies are weak at best. We share a border with one friendly (Canada) and one most of the time friendly nation (Mexico). I see no real opposition.

That's what modding is for. :)

As for RP1, it was fun. I hope RP2 is even better.

AND MUCH MORE GLORIOUS!

Well yea, but com on. USA? Where is the challenge in managing that country anyway? There are only internal enemies, external enemies are weak at best. We share a border with one friendly (Canada) and one most of the time friendly nation (Mexico). I see no real opposition.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Watch me create some Delex.

Also, E Pluribus Unum is the AAR name

Last edited:
It's gonna be USA then...

How would you like to implement the democratic things etc.? the 10+1 system or something like that. It would be great to know for now. Another thing to recommend: just lower the days of election, I'd say two days at the most maybe three but no more...

Tim

German parties(social groups) will be now disbanded?

It was good while it lasted. I don't think I'll go on myself into the next one though.

A closing speech from Totally Random Productions

first of all, was great fun playing Realpolitik with you guys. Writing an Interactive AAR feels like a Rock and Roll version of AARing, and is a totally immersive and interesting concept worth to be continued in the future. Our original idea with Realpolitik was to expand and deepen out the interactive AAR concept, and we feel this intent has met huge success: In just twenty days, Realpolitik saw over 2.000 replies made in her thread, affiliated thread and usergroups. In just twenty days, Realpolitik sparked the creation of over 12 unique parties, furiously debating their viewpoints in the fictional Reichstag. In just twenty days, Realpolitik smashed the record. We have no idea which records, but the general consensus here that it must have been at least a few ;)

We would like to send out thanks to Zauberfloete and his team for Kaiserreich, our hardworking Cabinet of players, the opposition, Stormbringer and Kovan09 for the inspiration to come up with this project, and finally every single one of you, the readers and players, that made Realpolitik the project that it was. Thanks!

By now, Alexon47 has already started the spiritual successor of Realpolitik, called 'E pluribus unum', an interactive USA KR AAR, and there are already talks of another KR Brazil interactive AAR which should arrive soon. This concept, originally invented by Hannibal Barca, has finally returned to HOI2 AARland.

For those of you that were sad to see Realpolitik go, good news. Because we are officially releasing all Realpolitik files and the Realpolitik saves for you to play around with in singeplayer! The links can be found at the bottom of this post, do note that they are for a 1.3a DD Kaiserreich mod.

Now, the time has come to close down, sadly r/l demands on us are too great to be able to pour as much time in such a project as it needs, so we now leave it to a newer generation of AARlanders to continue the legacy of interactive Game-AARs

As said before, we will soon retreat back our other AARs, The Channel Pact and Raise the Crimson Banner, which should resume after the exam period is over. We have also erected the Realpolitik ex-players group, where we officially invite everyone who was part of Realpolitik and wants the concept to be remembered in the future, so other authors can continue and perfect the concept being experimented with now. As usual, links at the bottom of this post.

It was a rollercoaster. It's too bad it didn't last, but we had fun nontheless, and we hope we speak for everyone when we say this. It is such, without doubt, without regret, and with great pride, that we at Totally Random Productions say

The end
Thank you for playing!

-Laurence and Vincent, Totally Random Productions​

Last edited:
Free stuff:

The Realpolitik ex-players usergroup
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/group.php?groupid=302

The Realpolitik AAR files and PSDs (all graphics)
http://rapidshare.com/files/331095518/Realpolitik.rar.html

The Realpolitik savegame
http://rapidshare.com/files/331097100/RP_saves.rar.html

Maybe someone should do a Realpolitik singleplayer AAR continuing from the save? ;).

Anyhow guys, we're not going to let this thread be closed, just let it die off like other finished AARs, so make some final comments and leave forgood, we don't want this thing necroed all the time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.