• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys, as Alexon has said, the transition process has begun. Realpolitik is going to transform into Realpolitik², basically picking up where we left off but in a slightly changed concept (stricter rules and less emphasis on personal discussions)

As a bonus, Alexon has announced he intends on keeping RP2 open continuously, so no intermissions anymore!

Everyone who is interested in joining the Hosts team: You are all welcome, as Alex will be able to use all the help he can get! We urge everyone to register on the Team TGG forums where a special private forum has been set up for the RP2 Hosts and the AARland mods to discuss how to organise the new AAR. To join, simply register there and send a PM to the profile 'Vincent' to request access.

To all the rest: RP2 picks up where RP left off, so the current roles and issues still stand. We do urge everyone to stall the discussions untill the transition process is complete.

Regards

-TRP

register here
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Team_TGG/index.php?act=idx

Servant -Thats democracy all I can say on your comment. And if everyone has 2 votes, both will go to their coalition, so votes will stay the same in the essence.

FlyingDutchie -Have you read what I have written? I will answerer this for you. NO YOU DIDN'T! So don't reply on it if you didn't.

Voting on each minister? Only the chancellor is elected which then chooses the ministers.

My plan does give COMPLETE say to the Reichstag. Without any doubt. You are a very bad debator and minister, without a doubt. Not to mention that you make it seems as you would come from Cuba or somewhere, since you dont even know what democracy is.

C_c -
1-OK
2-10+1 seats. The +1 seat has to stay with TRP at all time since only they know what the most interesting decision would be. Explain your voting system a bit more into detail. First you say that all the seats are acquired by a party when they gain that 10%, then you say that "The remaining seats shall be divided according to the remaining percentages". Is that an option in the case 2 parties lets say gain 15 and 25 percent, where a seat would have to be divided?
3-The chancellor has to be elected, thats what democracy is about. Thats like if a government would simply chose the president and not the people.
4-OK.
5-Thats an internal matter of the party so I don't care. But I cant accept that the representatives can be exchanged as the party wants. Once a representatives gets his seat, even he is thrown out of the party he cant be exchanged. This is not Democratic (Maybe the second vote in the elections, should be a decision where the voters chose which candidate they want as a representative from the party they voted from).

Regarding the Reichstag reforms all I say to that simple majority is enough (since many decisions in the game will have at least 3 options).

Last edited:
Servant -Thats democracy all I can say on your comment. And if everyone has 2 votes, both will go to his coalition, so votes will stay the same in the essence.

FlyingDutchie -Have you read what I have written? I will answerer this for you. NO YOU DIDN'T! So don't reply on it if you didn't.

Voting on each minister? Only the chancellor is elected which then chooses the ministers.

My plan does give COMPLETE say to the Reichstag. Without any doubt. You are a very bad debator and minister, without a doubt. Not to mention that you make it seems as you would come from Cuba or somewhere, since you dont even know what democracy is.

C_c -
1-OK
2-10+1 seats. The +1 seat has to stay with TRP at all time since only they know what the most interesting decision would be. Explain your voting system a bit more into detail. First you say that all the seats are acquired by a party when they gain that 10%, then you say that "The remaining seats shall be divided according to the remaining percentages". Is that an option in the case 2 parties lets say gain 15 and 25 percent, where a seat would have to be divided?
3-The chancellor has to be elected, thats what democracy is about. Thats like if a government would simply chose the president and not the people.
4-OK.
5-Thats an internal matter of the party so I don't care. But I cant accept that the representatives can be exchanged as the party wants. Once a representatives gets his seat, even he is thrown out of the party he cant be exchanged. This is not Democratic (Maybe the second vote in the elections, should be a decision where the voters chose which candidate they want as a representative from the party they voted from).

Regarding the Reichstag reforms all I say to that simple majority is enough (since many decisions in the game will have at least 3 options).

We do urge everyone to stall the discussions untill the transition process is complete.

Regards

-TRP

No discussions for now, men at work here ;)

I'm going back to Uni soon, so I regretfully say I shall bow out at this juncture to allow my supporters to realign themselves as they see fit.

MEN! REMEMBER GERMANY!

Pain is temporary.

GLORY IS FOREVER!

Thank you.

Hey alexon,

an update about this situation (just to be sure if I know how it continues :D)

1. The thread will continue? Yes for now
So does this mean that this one will close and move to a ''fresh'' thread?
2. The government has collapsed?
As I read on our PCP discussion forum, both Flying_Dutchie and great_chairman have abdicated due to closure/lack of time etc.
3. Most parties are disintegrating now...so what will become of the new Realpolitik thingie. Do you have something up your mind, like new parties and elections or try to hold out till 1938?

I hope sincerely that this thread continues, it is a bit unclear now...but if Alexon provides us with his full support...I think it might become a success...furthermore I hope that you guys all stay in the Realpolitik world!

Alexon, if you need my help against spamming on this continued Realpolitik thread....I have some spare time left...(my 25th hour in the day...no just kidding)...I could help you with that.

Tim

Can we just ask that all debate be kept in-character? That should cut down significantly on the spam that we had here.

No, alot of the IC stuff was getting nasty as well. What would help would be a limit on how many times you can rebutt an argument.

No, alot of the IC stuff was getting nasty as well. What would help would be a limit on how many times you can rebutt an argument.

Then perhaps the government (or any party) puts forward a proposal, each party is allowed ONE AND ONLY ONE response/post with arguments, and then we vote? This should get all the nasty discussions out of the thread.

Now that we're retconning RP1 out of existence, would it be okay to declassify the Cabinet secret discussions?

I started to suspect RP1 was getting silly as soon as leftists was seriously considering working with fascists just to block decolonization.

Now that we're retconning RP1 out of existence, would it be okay to declassify the Cabinet secret discussions?

I started to suspect RP1 was getting silly as soon as leftists was seriously considering working with fascists just to block decolonization.

It would be rather spammish to post everything here, and I'm only and mod not an admin on the forums there, but I can PM you anything specific you request.

The entire archive is quite huge, 20 topics, over 500 replies, most of them over 3 good sized paragraphs long.

Meh, just grant me forum access, and I'll look around.

I think the interesting thing was the Left failing about. It was divided between compromisers who are willing to do anything into power (like me) and radicals interested in molding Germany into a perfect Leftists utopia and not dealing with reactionaries (Syirana), and I'm not sure what would be the Left's destiny. We'll never find out in this particular iteration, but I suspect that the leftists need to drop its outward support for the Internationale if they really want to make Germany a Syndicalist nation.

Meh, just grant me forum access, and I'll look around.

I think the interesting thing was the Left failing about. It was divided between compromisers who are willing to do anything into power (like Servant) and radicals interested in molding Germany into a perfect Leftists utopia and not dealing with reactionaries (Syirana), and 'm not sure what would be the Left's destiny.

You'll have to get TRP's permission then.

Then perhaps the government (or any party) puts forward a proposal, each party is allowed ONE AND ONLY ONE response/post with arguments, and then we vote? This should get all the nasty discussions out of the thread.

You could limit it to a highschool debate. A puts forth proposal, B rebuts, A rebuts rebuttal.

Or some format like that. But you would need to have a ban on any inflammatory comments, such as 'you traitors are selling people out', 'exploting capitalist pigs', etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.