• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't the Rogue Politician event covered in this update :| Otherwise good update :p

It's a smaller event so we left it out to keep the update within image bounds (we're not allowed to have more than 20)

Awesome AAR!

Just curious of this:

Norway??

Norway is Syndie, armed, supported by the British and seriously pissed off.

Info on the Trial minigame coming after this post.

EDIT:

Wait... I thought we agreed on half of IC going to building new industry? What happened there?

We did? Our bad, we'll change the production queues. Also, Storm, would you know how we can alleviate (mod) the tech -15% and peace -15% IC modifiers of Germany? To model your economic recovery plan.

Also, remember to vote in the ACA's!

kovan09-Why not make a plan on killing the syindies and not actually one nation which still could be of some usage to us? And with the weak government we have the only chance we will ever see war is either if we get Dewed, or if TRP feels like waging war.

TRP-Execution of Goering? Who even order his arrest anyway? I want some exact quotes here where party representatives have permitted this! And why are such things even posted here if the only one who makes a decisions here is TRP and maybe 2 other users who sing along. Why not rename the AAR TRPpolitik - An authoritarian AAR.

I know you guys wanna play this the way where you are not involved and are neutral, but you simply have to be blind not to see that you are pushing it a certain way (Like proposing certain parities creation? So much for being neutral). The interactiveness of this AAR really started to lack since the elections were over.

naamloos20.jpg

The trial of Hermann Goering

Due to swift and decisive actions by the Abwehr, Goering has been apprehend and his trial will commence shortly. The trial minigame is a very simple idea, where all players can influence what happens to him. We deliberately chose to keep this game small so it wouldn't interfere with the other happenings in Realpolitik.

Round one: DEFENCE AND CHARGES
In-character situation would be that everyone is attending the trial of Goering and is free to speak up and either defend or plea for Goerings execution/imprisonment/other. You are free on how you want to do this, but remember your arguments cannot be nonsensical and have to be tied into the history of Goering and the alternative history of this AAR. You will find explanation of what he is charged and accused of in the update and the issues facing the cabinet.

Round two: CRIME AND PUNISHMENT
In round two, the Chancellor decides the fate of Hermann Goering. Great_Chairman will write an AAR update on this, and he is free to turn it into a speech, or a written story scene, or anything he wants. We just need to know what happened to Goering. He does not have to take in account all said during round one and is free to push through his own agenda, but note that we will follow the trial and penalize the government if it goes in against very good arguments in Goerings defence.

----​

That is all. I just spent three hours writing one bloody update, now I'm beat and I'm hitting the sack after responding to your comments.

I have just had to delete several more posts that were purely spam. Seeing as certain posters are unable to behave themselves appropriately I am temporarily closing this thread. I will reopen it tomorrow.

Be aware, if this project continues to involve such moderator time, it will end. I do not want that to happen, because it is in innovative idea. However, none of the moderating team have time to put up with the nonsense thus displayed.

The future of this project is in your hands. Tone it down.

I am now re-opening this thread.

We will be monitoring it very closely. Everyone who posts in this thread following this point should take this is a very public warning that further spam will be infracted. Infractions can, eventually, lead to a temporary ban, or even a permanent one.

Some examples of the sorts of posts that the moderator team have had to delete (NB: This list is NOT exhaustive).

Personal attacks
Smiley-only posts
out of game discussions
repetitive posts in-character that add nothing to the actual in-game discussion
Posts containing obscene and otherwise inappropriate language

IF you think something may be spam, it probably is. If truly in doubt, please PM members of the moderating team and we will vet it (note - it is probably best to PM several of us to ensure a swifter response as we all have various off-forum lives to get on with).

This is a very innovative and so-far successful idea. We as moderators truly do not want it to end. However, there reaches a point when the trouble caused outweighs the actual and potential good of a project. The ordinary posters of this thread are now putting it at risk of crossing that line. Its future success is quite literally in the hands of you who clearly enjoy this project greatly. Think before you type!

Also note - if anyone has any queries of the above, please conduct those discussions via PM with me. I draw your particular attention to Rule 2 of the General Forum Rules.

DEMOCRACY?

In quite some posts I have noticed much confusion going around, because of some of the decisions which were made. The main problem here is that the government works more as a ministerial dictature as a democracy.

Realpolitik - An interactive AAR concept:
After the elections each party gets ministerial posts assigned. Every of this ministers works on the filed specifically designated for him and has thus dictator like powers on his field. No one actually can object his decisions or decision are not being discussed. If you take a look at the Parliament social group section, you will see that decisions are NOT being voted on or discussed on. That means that because of the nature, the game HOI 2 has, there is only 2 or 3 ministerial posts, where if your party gets a sit, you pretty much rule the game. The others are there, but are mostly representative. So even if you maybe got 10 percent in the elections (In a real democracy, you would actually have a say with that much) and you are a part of the coalition with like 40 percent of all votes, with no ministers in the cabinet you will have no say (I have to confirmation from TRP, that the system works very similar to what I described here - note to TRP, if you don't agree with me, per the way I have written it here, reply). So the democracy in the current AAR, works very similarly to the democracy system in the game Victoria an empire under sun, where if a party gets elected, they have an undisputed rule for the next 4 years (Which is a flawed system).

How real democracy works:
In a real democracy, every party would chose parliament representatives (The number of those depends on how much votes the party got in the elections), which would vote and discuss every law or decisions which a minister or an individual with enough support, would want to get passed. So every party with significant number of votes in the elections would be represented (Which is here not the case).

How democracy should work here:
I will call this the 10+1 voting principle. Its very easy to understand. There are 10 postions in the government, which are assigned by each party regarding on the number of votes they get in the elections and per the agreement with their coalition partners. Because 10 votes could lead to a tie (5-5), the 11th vote would be assigned to TRP at all times, which would pass their vote ONLY if the voting reached a tie. All votes passed would be cast on this thread (AKA public not in some social thread) and each representative would have to present a veiled reason for his decision. That way the AAR would become more interesting and interactive unlike it currently is.

If you agree with this setup I have outlined here, please write that you support it, so the system per which everything works here gets changed (I have the confirmation from TRP, that with enough support on it, they would change the system). The current setup is very dull and works as any other AAR on this forum (Since almost every Kaiserreich AAR on this forum has elections).

@Delex suggestion: This would greatly help us to watch what the different parties truly work for, and it will give us a chance to criticize the different parties within the coalition and not just the coalition as a whole. I support this idea.

Unrelated political note: If the administration decides to help the Arab League against the Ottoman Empire, I will find myself very confused as to what this administration actually wants. After a so hard campaign against the syndicalists, they would turn their back on a friendly state and support a syndicalists nation?

I doubt that the administration will do this, but if it does I guess it is true that you can never trust a politician to do what they say they would.

Well, I of course can't give you official government position in this matter (yet at least), but it is very unlikely that we will support arabs. Considering our position at the moment, we might join Ottomans side in the war.

The Arrest of Goering:
I'd like to stress the fact that Goering is still seen as one of our veterans and it's execution might have unforseen consequences inside the Reich. Unless there is a good amount of evidence showing that Goering is not who we said he was it might turn ugly. I definitely doubt if the pro's of an execution will outweigh the con's. And if Goering turns out to be the criminal the reports are pointing to, then we need to look at our credibility. How could this man do all these things without any of us knowing? Or were there other people involved? I feel this needs more investigation.
Junk-plan
In my eyes unacceptable. We have always recognised the Ottoman Empire as a friendly independent nation. We cannot invade any nation at will. Think of the impact this will have on future attempts to find allies. I feel we should recognise the influence sphere of the Ottoman Empire and work together for a solution. Dictating the Ottomans will only drive more nations into the claws of Syndicalism.

Also, the Reichstag still needs an answer on the problems the instability of the Austrian kaiserreich might bring. I feel we should support Kaiser Otto van Habsburg in this matter.

Last edited:
If Goering had done this on German soil against German people, we would not even be having this discussion! He would have been executed in as soon as the court could manage, but because this happened in Mittleafrika and against natives there it is justified to say that he might not deserve the same punishment as if these people were Germans? What kind of massage is this sending out to the world? That we think that are colonies are unimportant, that its inhabitants are lesser beings? That it’s okay as long as it’s not Germans that suffer? If we are to give Goering anything but the harshest of punishment, I fear we will show that we are hypocrites and corrupt. How do we expect to set an example to the world if we continue like this?

I know the administration has talked about civilizing Africa, well, let’s also show them civilized justice: That we do not discriminate, a crime is a CRIME!

The junck plan isnt an option, in my opinion. We should try to strengthen the ottoman empire. We dont need several weak arab states. we need a strong ottoman empire. It secures our southern border and the suez channel. If we can get gibraltar then we will have total control in the mediterranien sea.

Indeed better one nation we can control better than 4-5 nations with combined the same IC but with a much lower production.

About Goering:

Probably either execution or lifetime prison.

About the Realpolitik system: It is maybe better if we have more like a voting system. We have the ruling parties which have the opportunity to rule...but on important matters, the Reichstag has to give its green light. The Reichstag is all of the parties combined. However, because the Imperial Coalition has a majority, probably almost all of the plans will be accepted. I highly favor this kind of system, in which different opinions can occur and more campaigning (albeit on a moderate level) can gain or lose votes. But this is of course up to the TRP men. And on the other side, it is only for 2 ''game -years'', and when most people did not like what the government has done: kick them out of the game in the new elections...

Tim

In my opinion, Goering's insubordination and corrupt rule most certainly warrant an execution. He is of no value to Germany, so kill the wretch and get on with it.

In terms of the Ottomans, stay neutral. We need to conserve manpower, and neither side is helpful to our causes; the Ottomans are still a sick man and a burden, and the Arabs are Syndies. Leave the Middle East alone; only hatred and strife dare tread there in that god-forsaken desert hellhole.

dnvplogo.jpg

DNVP is conflicted about the Hermann Göring affair. Göring was making the Afrikan Pearl of the German Empire into a new Leopoldite Congo, he had to be removed. DNVP also agree that his later actions was treason and he should be punished. But Göring is a great hero from the Weltkrieg, should we really condemn a hero to death. Abandon an icon, one who has fought for Germany and the German people?? Should we give the Syndicalists the pleasure of celebrating his death?

DNVP says no, he has to be ounished, but DNVP would be glad if he just got a couple of years' imprisonment.

We interrupt the game for a while to make some very important announcements. Given the recent events we will have to start taking stronger measures against spam. Therefore, we do not ask you friendly to read this post. If you are a player of Realpolitik, you are obliged to read and comprehend the contents of this post

-----------

An important message from Totally Random Productions

The Spam-problem in Realpolitik

We as hosts have had much trouble containing irrelevant spam posts throughout the entire course of Realpolitik. This has led to a lot of moderator actions, and if this line is continued Realpolitik is on a clear path to being locked, deleted and burned from the annals of AARland. We have already made several changes to the rules to cope with the enormous amount of posts and rule-violations, but have been unsuccessfull thus far, proven by the locking that occured yesterday. Therefore we will, from this point, take a considerably more reactionary stance against spam and violations of the rules. The rules are there in the index for all to read, by playing in Realpolitik you have agreed that you have read these rules and that you understand what we expect of you. Common sence. Civility. Consideration and respect to your fellow players, the hosts, the moderators and the readers. Maturity. If these principles were followed there would be no need for rules what so ever, but reality has proven otherwise.

Effective from today, we will take a hard stance against the type of posts that threaten this project and the people who are having fun with it: Personal insults, spam, irrelevant issues and debates on things not related to the conduct of Realpolitik or the ingame situation. It will not be tolerated. Any violation of Realpolitik rules we find will be penalized, and our actions will range from excluding you from elections or excluding you from the game to a simple and downright ban on your party and it's removal from Realpolitik. You are responsible for your own actions, and for those of your party. Aside from that, your posts will also be reported to the moderators so you will face punishment not only in Realpolitik, but on the entire forum. Because we simply cannot process all the replies alone we humbly request all players to take a combined stance against spam, and against rule violations. We request that all players report all spam they see to us, and to the moderators active in this thread (Director, Coz1, Stnylan) aswell. Realpolitik can only continue with your help.

Note that we are not advocating a witch hunt, or that pursuing a Realpolitik political agenda by reporting certain posts will be looked into, and will be regarded very disfavourably. It is against the ideology of Totally Random Productions to take a rigid stance, but to be able to continue Realpolitik, we have no other option.

The future of Realpolitik

One of the reasons we have been unsuccessfull at damming in the spam is the absolutely jawbreaking amount of work that this project requires from us. We ask you to be considerate of our position: We now receive an average of 22 PMs a day, this thread generates 150 replies on average and that is counting out the activity in the usergroups, the fact that we have to mod the game constantly and have to write updates. We are talking about two people who spend an average of four hours a day combined, on a single AAR. For a while, we thought about closing Realpolitik down because we knew we could not keep up this amount of work, but were reluctant because there is one simple truth: We love doing Realpolitik and are dedicated to making the game run. This is because this concept brings us something we have never experiences before: Interactivity, even for the hosts. We never know what the government is going to do, and the government never knows what we are going to do, so it's a back and forth process which can be very surprising. In short: Even we want to know how the rest of the story goes ;). Luckily, we have found a perfect compromise that the moderators, we and our schedules agree on. From this day onwards, Realpolitik will become a periodical AAR

A periodical AAR

The concept is very simple. We 'can' work on Realpolitik, but only during vacation periods when our workload is next to nothing. With that logic, we will open and close Realpolitik as we see fit in the future, in periods where we have to study the AAR will be shut down and in periods of free time it will be opened again and playing will resume as normal. This might not be a great system, but it really is the only manageable option for us. When closing, the moderators will close this thread and no new replies can be made, although the groups will remain open at all times for intermission discussions. The times of opening and closing will be announced beforehand, and we are currently thinking of a method of setting up an email list users can decide to sign into where they will receive an email when Realpolitik opens or closes. We hope to have more info on that later.

That is all for now. We assume that you have all read and understood the contents of this announcement, and we hope to continue this project Nvidia-style: The way it's meant to be played ;)

Good luck, and have fun!

Now, announcements on the current opening time.

The thread is now open. We plan on making another game update tomorrow, which will be followed by an interview update with the chancellor and one smaller game update. Around the 6th,7th or 8th, our exams begin, so Realpolitik will be closed and enter intermission. We have not set a date yet for the next opening, but it is possible (not certain!) this will be around the 20th of January and run into the first week of February. As usual, all usergroups stay open during intermission

If you go to the index page, you will find it has been updated with information on opening/closing​

------------​

That is all. Current issues at hand would be the Democracy opposition Movement started by Delex, and the trial of Hermann Goering. Everyone is free to defend or plea for Goering's punishment.

Regards,
-Laurence and Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.