• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have both agreed on a suitable "punishment":

- Syriana will be excluded from voting in the '38 elections, remember debating is good, crossing the line isn't.

- If more forum rules are broken by the party in question (UGSA), it will be promptly disbanded and it's members are to find a new party to join, We sincerely hope it doesn't have to come to this.

We honestly don't like to take such measures, but for the sake of the future of this AAR, we have to take actions, before it is too late.

Thank you for understanding,

-Laurence and Vincent, TRP

They can be banned from ,38 elections;)

EDIT: TRP could you please answer on my string-pull I PM'ed you?:)

Oh yes: good idea, it's in ;)

- Syriana will be excluded from voting in the '38 elections, remember debating is good, crossing the line isn't.

- If more forum rules are broken by the party in question (UGSA), it will be promptly disbanded and it's members are to find a new party to join, We sincerely hope it doesn't have to come to this.
[/I]

Will they be able to make string-pulls under the punishment time?

Official announcement from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

German Foreign Policy

Mitteleuropa

Germany will try to enlarge Mitteleuropa by trying to ally Spain, Netherlands, Austria-Hungary and Italian Federation as soon as possible. This is part of the so-called Ring of Steel that is to be build around Commune of France. Also Scandinavia will be considered carefully.

Also Germany will try to secure alliance with Greece in exchange to Crete (See Muller plan for details) and several reforms in Greece. Germany will keep close eye on Balkan keg of gunpowder. Also Germany will try to keep Ottoman Empire as friendly as possible, for they are very important if we want to keep Suez safe. Foreign Ministry also wishes to propose government to support one Mustafa Kemal Passa if he agrees to reform Ottomans.

Also in case of Spanish civil war the Ministry ask if it is possible to support our potential allies of Spain. Defence?

Austro-Hungarian Empire

Germany will try to ally its greatest supporter. Also Germany wishes to support Austria-Hungary as one nation and does not wish to see it crumble. This is why Germany will not be pushing for annexation of German territories in the Empire. Both PCP and LCP have agreed that after Ausgleich Foreign Ministry will send envoy to Vienna and Prague. This envoy's mission is to propose these two countries to hold a plebiscite about Sudentenland at least.

Bohemia will also be kept as a close ally for the Reich. If Bohemia turns hostile in case of Austrian collapse, the Reich will reserve right to do something for we cannot have a hostile nation 300km from Berlin. But the Reich hopes that A-H continues to flourish and manages to keep itself together, for one A-H is better ally than half a dozen smaller nations.

Eastern Europe

Germany will try and support efforts to reforms in it's friends in Eastern Europe. This is something Vice-Chancellor FlyingDutchie will tell you more later on.

Baltic Duchy

Germany will most likely annex these lands to the Reich during later date. But Germany is not barbarian nation and this is why Germany will secure Baltic nationalities their rights in the Reich. Perhaps our ministries of Internal and Social Affairs have something to say about this?

Decolonization

OAM's Muller Plan, ladies and gentlemen.

NrmK
Minister of Foreign Affairs

Last edited:
Internal Affairs Announcement

Universal Suffrage
It has been decided that a gradual implementation of woman's voting rights will be introduced.

Let's say this current election was Election #0.
Election #1: Voting on the local level.
Election #2: Running for office on the local level.
Voting on the regional level.
Election #3: Running for office on the regional level.
Voting on the national level.
Election #4: Running for office on the national level.

That makes it an 8 year path to full suffrage. For those that say universal suffrage is a mistake, let them remember that woman also suffered during the Weltkrieg. While they didn't bleed, they shared the loss of loved ones. They sacrificed for the greater good. They starved with the rest under the illegal blockade the Entente set up. They worked the homefront while men were on the war front. For those that feel 8 years is too slow, remember that even field marshalls and fleet admirals must go through officer school.

An 8 year time frame is based on the German election cycle, and was deemed to be an acceptable time table that was slowly step women up to their new rights while teaching them the great responsibilities that come with it.

Education Insurance

Low to no interest loans will be made available to students that need them. In return, they will go through a study/work program that will give them better experience and preparation for their future.

--1] Students will study their field for a certain amount of time, perhaps on the order of 2-3 years. In this time, they will learn the basics of their trade.
--2] After that 2-3 years, they will get employed in that field for 1/2 year to a year. Here they get hands on, practical experience while they apply what they've learned.
--3] Another 1-2 years schooling.
--4] Another 1/2-1 year of hands on work and employment.
--5] Graduation, after which they will be fully prepared to work in their industry.

The times are somewhat ambiguous. This is because a rigid schedule was deemed inappropriate. Students will be able to pick their own schedules, so long as they meet the required study/work times.

Loans will be determined on the student's/student's family's income level. The basic setup looks something like this.

Income Level: Poor---------Middle---------Rich
Aid Level:-----Heavy-------Moderate------Little-None

Thank you,

C_c, Internal Affairs

The Muller Plan

It is now time to reveal the plan for our colonies! This is a long and drawn out process that will not be finished for many years. Consider this a snapshot of what we would wish the end result to be.

Africa Part A

- Morocco (puppet)
- Suez (keep it)
- Somaliland and Aden (combined and puppet)
- Madagascar (puppet)

Part B (The Large Federation Section)

(See map for details on following countries)
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/1951/mullerplanbmt.png

African Coastal Federation (cyan) (puppet)

(Reccomend coordination with economic ministry to invest money and manpower in germany to give a minium 5 IC boost to each of the following African countries, as well as infastrucutre)

West African Federation (lime green) (puppet)

Congo (Dark Blue) (puppet)

Namibia (Pink) (Puppet)

East African Federation (Red) (puppet)

Inner African Federation (Brownish) (Will hold plebiscite to determine independent puppet or attachment to East Africa)

Europe

- Crete (Return to Greece if their government aligns with us, otherwise establish puppet)
- Malta (Keep)

Asia

- Ceylon (Puppet)
- Singapore (keep)
- Hainan Isle, Tsingtau Peninsula, Algemeine Ostasien GmbH (form a friendly Chinese government unless the Qing reform)

Oceania

- Borneo (puppet)
- New Guinea and pacific Islands (puppet)

Oh shit, it's the government, Hide the pot! :D

Great stuff guys, everything will be added to the index and I'll try to have an ingame update played and written this evening. Drastic events are about to take place outside our borders...

Nice work on the Muller plan, although we think we're going to have to veto the partitioning of Mittelafrika because not all of the central-african countries you suggest are in the revoltlist. We're not very adept modders and we fear destabilising the save with our inept attempts. How could you guys feel for an equal federal state in the place of Mittelafrika, independent from Germany and with a black president? We could devise a new flag and name for the country.

But more on that in the gameplay update :)

Last edited:
so the government wants to destroy Mittelafrika and split it in more puppets?
well, as long as fat Hermann loses power, this is acceptable :)

so the government wants to destroy Mittelafrika and split it in more puppets?
well, as long as fat Hermann loses power, this is acceptable :)

We do not wish to create puppets. We wish to prepare Afrika for self-government. Self government starts with homerule. This is not the same as creating a puppetstate.
As for fat Hermann. He will be recalled (and probably face trial).

We do not wish to create puppets. We wish to prepare Afrika for self-government. Self government starts with homerule. This is not the same as creating a puppetstate.
As for fat Hermann. He will be recalled (and probably face trial).

We have reason to believe Mittelafrika will be... very rigid diplomatically when hearing this news. Stay tuned ;)

Aside that; the Libertarian Reichspartei has been added to the index. You can join Hannibal X here. the LRP ideologically is a blend of DNVP jingo policies, Prussian conservatism and Centrist economic policies. We believe they will be good friends to the government :p

And to the NUP/DNVP: Have you guys ever thought of merging into a more moderate Nationalistic party?

Last edited:
I thought this might of some interest here:

GermanConstitution.jpg

This is rough sketch of German government based on Prussia's government following the Imperial Proclamation in 1871.

Millions of people died in achieving our Emperor's world hegemony. The fact it is being struck down is beyond me - and most disturbing.

Millions of people died in achieving our Emperor's world hegemony. The fact it is being struck down is beyond me - and most disturbing.

Our map of Africa lies in Europe.

The age of colonization is over - see how Britain's colonies, in conjunction with its own economic crisis, dragged it into revolution. We now must make friends, not servants.

So, who's the king lol?

Decolonization? Hell no! Rather give all African colonies to mittleafrica, to create something like a west Indies company. Or at least the parliament should keep a separate vote on that, in order to pass the decision. In todays Germany referendums are only called in when its about border changes, like the time when DDR joined FDR and this would be one of such occasions.

Last edited:
Aside that; the Libertarian Reichspartei has been added to the index. You can join Hannibal X here. the LRP ideologically is a blend of DNVP jingo policies, Prussian conservatism and Centrist economic policies. We believe they will be good friends to the government :p

That, and liberal social policies with an extension of neutrality to all who are not the damned French. And we're more NUP jingo than DNVP jingo.

Last edited:
Quick response regarding the plan for the economic crisis.

Most scholars today believe that the Great Depression was caused by what I described - deteriorating conditions in the economy at the same time as central banks tried to defend the gold standard and strangled the economy with a rapidly falling money supply. According to Milton Friedman, for example, the money supply in the US fell by over 1/3rd (!!) between 1929 and 1932. That would endues a severe recession even in a healthy economy.

The current world recession rather than the Great Depression is probably more likely to be similar to what we have in game. It started with a financial crisis (different one, and I address it differently in policies, but still) and begun to affect the real sector. The economic policy makers decided to pour as much money as required and then some into the world economy to keep it afloat. The result? In the US only about 12 months of declining GDP and unemployment of 10 percent. Not great, but not a decade of negative growth with a quarter of potentially working people out of jobs.

And I don't work at Treasury, for the moment I am just studying to get my doctorate in Economics.

And I don't work at Treasury, for the moment I am just studying to get my doctorate in Economics.

With that degree, you're already overqualified as Minister of Economy of Realpolitik :D

Great analysis... does the word analysis even have a plural?

Anyhow great analysis-s ;) and even better economic recovery plans. An update will be posted this evening (I'm working on some stuff for 1964 atm, after that I'll do the update). Good work to everyone!

(Oh and the opposition is free to debate any of the already posted policies, but use common sence and steer away from arguments violating Realpolitik and forum rules, okay? )

Analyses, TRP? :p

Also: what's fat Hermann going to do - eat all our food and force us to starve?

He's sick. Don't worry, I haven't couped him ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.