• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
indexqj.png

People of Germany, I have one thing to say. I apologize. I apologize for the miscommunication that has led to such panic. The public announcements regarding Germany's Syndicalist parties were poorly worded and unexplained, creating confusion regarding the government's true stance. Our Vice-Chancellor has reassured you that our goal is just. Now, I shall explain how we came to our decision.

As you all know, our Syndicalist parties, during the elections, received money from the Internationale. This, in and of itself, is not worrying in a significant way. However, the recent spate of Syndicalist revolts around the world were ALSO funded by the Internationale. And that funding was not merely in the form of money. Obviously, it is this that worries the government. Thus, our restrictions and surveillance will only be temporary, as our primary aim is to root out the advocates of violence within the Syndicalist parties and clear the good name of those who seek to take power democratically. Will we outlaw Syndicalism in Germany? No! It is as valid a political belief as any, and the situation of the world around us does not change that. Will we hunt down every last traitor, on the Left or on the Right, who seeks to bring the ruin of revolution over Germany? Forever!

People of Germany, forgive me and my government, for we have caused you undue worry, even though I personally promised that you would sleep well at night. People of Germany, rest easy, for your right to freedom of conscience remains untouched.

Regarding the issues that face us, the government is taking decisive action. Hermann Goering has been arrested by loyal Army units, and is being transported to Berlin under maximum security for trial on charges of high treason. No German is above the law. However, I stress that he will receive a fair trial, with the right to defend himself against charges.

Foreign Minister NrmK has collected a list of nations with whom we can band together against the Syndicalist threat. Our primary condition to would-be allies is reform towards democracy. This has been one of the founding principles of the German Empire, and it shall not be lost, for without it, we are no better then the Syndicalists. Our principles and our land must be protected.

(OOC: hey TRP...this counts as us choosing "Answer him" in the "Rogue Politician" event, right? :p)

Last edited:
Workers of Germany, victory is close!!!
By the very proclamation that they will now try to suppress us, these so called 'democratic' forces show their true capitalist face. But fear not! With each day, our glorious brethren in the Internationale grow stronger and stronger, while weak capitalist grow even more divided.
Red flag will soon fly above Berlin!

No, you are not being suppressed. Your fiances and activities are monitored, not restricted. You can still do the full fun stuff, such as protest (non-violence), assemble, vote, campaign, etc.

The reason you are under suspicion is that your party leaders have accepted funding from the Internationale for their campaigns, and those same parties were also planning on giving the Internationale territorial concessions. If you think a government investigation into German Leftists ties with the Internationale is a crime, what about the far left's backroom deals with the Internationale?

Or is that ok because the Far Leftists are doing it? See? Even your own post is glorifying the Internationale, the same group that just recently toppled several democratic governments around the world by force. And you're saying the German government is hypocritical?

The leader of the German Labour Movement Otto Wels stands up to loud boos from the Imperial Center Coalition

My fellow Germans! Ladies and gentlemen of this honourable Reichstag.

And so it finally comes! The hour in which democracy dies and the people cheer and clap?

Oh for crying out loud. Stop self styling yourself as defenders of democracy. You know that it can't be farther from the truth.

And so this is the hour in which the so-called "Liberal Center Party" sits by idly as a cruel and oppressive government imposes restrictions on other political parties with absolutely NO evidence of foreign syndicalist involvement.

Umm....TRP, in the news, said that the far left was funded by the Internationale. So yes, I do have evidence of foreign syndicalist involvement, thank you very much. Plus, you aren't being restricted. Your finances and ties are being investigated because of the foreign involvement. Plus, those parties have had a history of resorting to violence and terrorism for their goals.

And so this is the hour in which legitimate political parties and leaders are subjected to harsh repression with no basis on legal evidence or any grounding on reality.

First off, there isn't any harsh repression. Stop making stuff up. Two, I have legal evidence and grounding reality.

And this is the hour in which many comrades have been cowed by repression to silence their tongues!

Or maybe that they agree the far Left has done legally dubious things and is deserving a surveillance and investigation?

I say, though you may take away our rights, you will never take away our honour. You may take our lives and freedom, but you will never take our honour. We are defenceless but not honourless.

Your rights aren't being taken away. Stop the slanderous grandstanding.

I speak, not only as the representative of the German Labour Movement or the representative of The Left, I speak in behalf of the silent majority.The silent majority that was promised liberty and freedom - now they receive repression. I speak for the greater masses of people that you have silently cowed before you. We implore the Liberal Center Party and the National Unity Party to step away from the brink of madness. The nation descends into the false promises of authoritarianis, - this must never be permitted to happen.

Again, there isn't any repression. Repeating a false statement over and over doesn't make it true.

The German Labour Movement calls for a VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE on the Great Chairman's People's Conservative Party.

How about not.

The German Left - consisting of the ABNB, the UGSA and the GLM all support this motion and call for the alternative - that of a Liberal Center Party led coalition consisting of the LCP-NUP with support from the Left (we do not have to be part of the government - we will prop up a Two party coalition).

Yeah. The same ABNB and UGSA that accepted funds from the Internationale, in return planning to give them territorial concessions? The same Far Leftists that advocate violence? The same Far Leftists that, when defeated in a democractic election plan violence to toss out the results?

Utter hypocrisy. And you wonder why there's surveillance? Maybe it has to do with the international conspiracy and violent, terrorist tendencies they have?

I implore FlyingDutchie and the Liberal Center Party to save us from the real enemy from within - the grim specter of authoritarianism which promises easy solutions and ends in broken dreams and destroyed promises.

Right. Because surveillance of revolutionaries is wrong, but toppling democratic governments around the world through arms and bloodshed is totally ok if it's done by Syndicalists. /sarcasm

Last edited:
Booo!!! :p
Who cares about democracy? :D

So much silly talk by politicians.

I want to hear the Kaiser speak!!!

PLEASE?

He is the Head of the State, he must also do some talking also.

Well, there's nobody playing as the Kaiser...

I'm a bit confused; does the Kaiser does really have/exercise any power in this timeline or is it like Queen Elizabeth II and the Monarchy of England?

I'm a bit confused; does the Kaiser does really have/exercise any power in this timeline or is it like Queen Elizabeth II and the Monarchy of England?

According to the Kiaiserreich mod, "The Chancellor and Government are appointed by the Kaiser." So, it can be assumed that the current government was appointed by the Kaiser, based off of the election results.

As a member of the Reichstag, I humbly ask a military view from the cabinet:

1. Current overview
2. Future build-up
3. Doctrines and strategy

Furthermore I request an intervention into the Netherlands and restore the rightful government, instead of some Syndicalist rebellion. I also request that the question about the Dutch East Indies will be overruled in putting up Sukarno as a leader of that nation and instead have a Javan Prince and some other people put in that government...

Tim

Alexus-

In response to your earlier commentary on my commentary, I must opine that any party that would encourage such odds is just foolhardy, and that my rational fear for Germany facing a two front meat grinder of Syndies is not cowardice but rather rational thinking. Its as if Italy, Spain and Germany all decided, at once, to go and kill France, or if the Mamelukes, Russia and the entire Balkans decided to kill the Ottoman Empire. 'Tis not cowardice to be rational nor to realize the danger ahead of Germany. 'Tis cowardice to encourage it at the the expense of one's country.

indexqj.png

(OOC: hey TRP...this counts as us choosing "Answer him" in the "Rogue Politician" event, right? :p)

Correct. Back to Authoritarian Democrat you go ;)

Yeah, we don't really have a Kaiser as he doesn't fit into the idea of Realpolitik. If you want we could appoint someone to Kaiser but he would be so for the rest of the game, and hold only a ceremonial post (can make Speech of the Kaiser) without actually influencing the course of the game

Maybe the most efficient thing to do is simply ignoring the fact the Kaiser exists? He has no place here.

Everything has been added to the index, we'll work on a new gameplay update (note that we will NOT update Realpolitik daily in the future, it depends on the time we have. We will make announcements later on to tell you when and how fast you can expect updates, there is at least a one-two week period coming up without any updates). If you go to the index you'll also find all game updates are now bolded so they're easy to find.

-Vincent and Laurence

TRP, when you have time, could we maybe get the government's slider positions and HoI2 ideology on the index as well? Thanks.

As a member of the Reichstag, I humbly ask a military view from the cabinet:

1. Current overview
2. Future build-up
3. Doctrines and strategy

Furthermore I request an intervention into the Netherlands and restore the rightful government, instead of some Syndicalist rebellion. I also request that the question about the Dutch East Indies will be overruled in putting up Sukarno as a leader of that nation and instead have a Javan Prince and some other people put in that government...

Tim

Currently, mk11, our Minister of Defense, is away inspecting troop positions. If the delay is acceptable, he will provide a more in-depth answer once he returns. If not, I will try to answer your questions as well as I can.

Message from the Social Ministry;

So what has the Social Ministry been doing?? As you perhaps are aware of through previous announcements we have been able to quickly build three new orphanages, for orphans abandoned by their parents due to the Black Monday Economic Crisis. We have also raised pensions in Germany by 6% to make sure the German elderly survive these harsh economic times, and we have created a Aid Package for Private and Religious Charities to make sure they don't go bankrupt now when they're especially needed. Right now the Social Ministry is working on a plan to raise wages for teachers, doctors and nurses who are employed by the government, but details are still worked out. There are of course a lot of budget discussions going on, and the Social Ministry agree that the Syndicalist crisis now take predecense and expensive Social Reforms might not be on the table for some time. However the Ministry will continue to work through this time and of course join in the battle against Syndicalism.

yourworstnightmare
Minister of Social Affairs

Top secret

To: the head of the Abwehr
Re: the AlgOstAsien GmbH

After the incident with Fat Hermann, the government wants to make sure we do not face similar trouble in Asia. We trust governor-general Von Falkenhausen, but some members on the board of directors or commanders in the armed forces might trouble us.
Please find out who will follow their government and Kaiser and who might cause us trouble. Do not take any further action at the moment.

A brief summary of what I've been saying as naval minister.

The Dutch cannot be delt with untill we do something about Indonesia. With Egypt threatening Suez, the Navy cannot deal with raiders on shipping in the area in a timely manner if they're based in the area.

I, the would-be Army Affairs minister of an Iron Fist administration hereby request to enter into discussions with Minister Mk11, my opposite in the coalition so that I may lend advice on how we could best counter a Syndicalist invasion. It seems to me that we must buy time diplomatically for our armies to be built up. At the same time, fortifications in the East would allow us to knock out the Western Syndicalists and as such focus on only one front at a time.

I concur! Maximum exertion on one front while the foe hurls himself against the iron of our defence on the other!

Status
Not open for further replies.