+ Reply to Thread

Thread: End the Sound Toll - mission

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

End the Sound Toll - mission

My question is how do I complete this mission as The Hansa?
    it says i need to do 1 of the following

Control 2 provinces (forget the names)
    Or
    Known country: have modifier Sound Toll and +190 relations with me

As for the control, does that mean I just have to occupy these provinces or have them as part of my Country? (i'd guess i have to own them both)

For the other part I have no idea what this Sound toll modifier is, or how to get it.
    Also the 2 Provinces are controlled by Denmark and Scandinavia. That being said who would need to have the 190 relations with me?
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

Patiently waiting for HOI3 to be what I hoped it would have been back in '09

Warmonger 101. When you have a mission that gives you the right to kill people and steal their land, what are you waiting for?

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus Vult

Quote Originally Posted by Urza View Post
    Its a nice read on the History of The Sound, but it doesnt really help me as far as the concept in the game is concerned...
    I still have no idea how to complete this quest

Quote Originally Posted by Edgewise View Post
    Warmonger 101. When you have a mission that gives you the right to kill people and steal their land, what are you waiting for?
    H3T 101, you dont have a casus belli with this quest
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    MagickaVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Wealth of Nations
    EUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res PublicaCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
    Crusader Kings II: The RepublicCrusader Kings II: The Old GodsCrusader Kings II: Sons of AbrahamCrusader Kings II: Rajas of IndiaCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Control 2 provinces (forget the names)
    Or
    Known country: have modifier Sound Toll and +190 relations with me
    1. I guess that it means that you need to control those two provinces of Scandinavia and Denmark
    OR
    2. Have 190+ relation with the countries that have the sound tool modifier
    Nationality: Croat
    Religion: Roman Catholicism
    Ideology: Centrist
    Current Playthrough: CK2, Latin Empire

You can just occupy them, no need to annex.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyrael View Post
    1. I guess that it means that you need to control those two provinces of Scandinavia and Denmark
    OR
    2. Have 190+ relation with the countries that have the sound tool modifier
    looking around I cant find a country that has the sound toll modifier
    Quote Originally Posted by GAGA Extrem View Post
    Btw: If you annex the provinces, you will get both modifiers.
    what do you mean both modifiers?
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Sound toll + End sound toll modifiers.

It says "known country" ? it should be DAN anyway, but the Sound toll is awarded to whoever controls:
    owns = 6 # Skåne
    owns = 12 # Sjaelland
    owns = 14 # Fyn

This mission is own given if the owner of Sjaelland has Sound toll, although if someone had it, but has lost it sinc eyou got the mission that might bug the relations option out, you could still go for the military one though.
    Relentless madman.

Mushroom Korps Field Marshal OrangeYoshi's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossLegio
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wright1331 View Post
    looking around I cant find a country that has the sound toll modifier

what do you mean both modifiers?
    The Denmark usually gets the Sound Toll modifier.

Edit: Emu'd.
    On Ubik: "HE GETS TO BE SMUG AFTER CARVING THE FACE OF PERFECTION USING THE SPOON OF INSPIRATION UPON THE BUTTOCKS OF AN ANGEL"

────── OrangeYoshi's Newbie Sig Information Center: Help is just a click away...™ ──────
    EU3 Wiki lll Paradox Acronyms lll FAQ Forum lll General FAQ lll Siege FAQ lll Patrolling Guidelines
    No Time Limit Mod lll Quick Questions Quick Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Sound toll + End sound toll modifiers.

It says "known country" ? it should be DAN anyway, but the Sound toll is awarded to whoever controls:
    owns = 6 # Skåne
    owns = 12 # Sjaelland
    owns = 14 # Fyn

This mission is own given if the owner of Sjaelland has Sound toll, although if someone had it, but has lost it sinc eyou got the mission that might bug the relations option out, you could still go for the military one though.
    ahh, ty for for clearing up what the sound toll =
    I got this mission at the very start of the game, and had no idea how to complete it. I have had it about 3 times so far but I keep cancelling it because it doesn't really explain how to do the mission.

At this point in my game all 3 provinces are controlled by different countries, who are not allies with each other. So, this might be a rather difficult quest to complete
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

Reichsmarschall Paradox Dev Team Darkrenown's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDeus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineLost Empire - Immortals
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis

Hmm, you should only be able to get it if someone owns all 3 provinces. Did you get it before different nations controls them? If you cancel it now it shouldn't come up again unless something is bugged.
    Relentless madman.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkrenown View Post
    Hmm, you should only be able to get it if someone owns all 3 provinces. Did you get it before different nations controls them? If you cancel it now it shouldn't come up again unless something is bugged.
    I might have had this mission before the scandinavian broke apart, so I'd guess things are going fine.

Also, I started a new game just to see whats needs to be done. I noticed you will never see who has the "sound toll' modifier. However, as long as they control Skane and Sjaelland they will have it (Im guessing this is why Darkrenown said I should not get the quest unless one country contols them).
    I got my relations with Denmark (the controller of the 2 provinces) above 190 and sure enough I got the mission complete. I would also guess if I could attack them and take control of both of those provinces that would be the other way to complete it.

TY to all who helped out with this
    the Original
    aka ECLIPSE

+ Reply to Thread