• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Duke of Bavaria

General
72 Badges
Sep 2, 2006
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
´First think i noticed is: I have those ugly blue areas on the map again, anything i can do about that?
Apart from that the map setup looks great, too bad that not all flags could be inlcluded, but you get a great impression what this mod will be about.
As far as i can see the new options will need a kind of manual or description, because ATM i feel a bit lost, dont know what to do really.

What i like very much is my family tree. ;-)

Going back to game to find more things...

Already looks polished, i like it, but i got a freeze after 1 year or so.

Some other things:

Could you make it somehow that diplomacy menu opens when you click on a country in diplomacy map mode?

Could there be any shortcut showing you current wars like in EU III?

Surely those are major things, dont know if you can do them, but you already did so much...

´First think i noticed is: I have those ugly blue areas on the map again, anything i can do about that?
The colour map doesn't work yet, so I'm afraid there's nothing you can do about it.

What i like very much is my family tree. ;-)
Me too. :D

Hmm Iunius Brutus just married Iunia Secunda...first thought of inbreeding but his family is defined as Junii while hers is defined as Junius...WAD or should she be changed to Iunii too?
She's not in the history files. I didn't think the engine would randomise characters with incorrect family names.

Already looks polished, i like it, but i got a freeze after 1 year or so.
Are you sure you've installed the latest beta patch (v2.31)?

Could you make it somehow that diplomacy menu opens when you click on a country in diplomacy map mode?
No can do.

Could there be any shortcut showing you current wars like in EU III?
Again, no can do.

hmm tried a little bit, we still only got Italy to play with? Also where the **** is the build menu? I cant seem to find the button to build either troops, ships or buildings ? :S
What Duke said.

I can launch Imperium with Vae Victis 2.2, but not from my beta 2.3 folder (crash on startup). The 2.3 folder has not the launcher, so I guess I'll have to experiment a little.

My first impression was : Wow, the map is really different and Italia is a whole new world.
My second : the buttons (build, recruit, ...) are too tiny but it may be due to my 1600x1200 resolution.

Very promising, Descartes !

Been away from Imperium for quite a while and thus haven't followed the development.

Last time around we had the original map with whole Mediterranean. Have you changed the focus to purely concentrate on Italy or is this just a phase before you expand back to original map limits?

Some more things i noticed:

Movement arrows point in the wrong direction (at least when mocing from Helvetti to the province to the east it points south)

The governement and Politics screen when having a tribal government seems to have a leftover of some old screen as background leftover or soemthing.

I d like to put my good finesse people to use some more, while i know you totally redid "Progress" why cant we appoint them to it and have a very reduced influence of good advisors from vanilla. Or have different "government positions" perhaps where good advisors have influence and positive effects.

The three celtic tribes on the upper part of the map present a 100 BC situation and are not in this region at this time, though i dont know a better solution.
If they stay we could perhaps make characters for the "pagi" in Helvetii with this leaders having the names of these minor units.

pagus Tigurini (family name of leader: Tigurin. Tigurinid)
pagus Toygenes (Toygo, Toygene, Toygenid)
pagus Verbigenes (Verbigono, Vergigene, Verbigenid)
pagus Toutonen (Touto, Touton, Toutonenid)

Wel ingame it says i got the latest patch so i guess this isnt the reason for crashes.
And your checksum is MCAG?

I can launch Imperium with Vae Victis 2.2, but not from my beta 2.3 folder (crash on startup). The 2.3 folder has not the launcher, so I guess I'll have to experiment a little.
Have you put the patch files in a folder of their own? You need to put the files in a folder containing the full game, patched to v2.2.

My first impression was : Wow, the map is really different and Italia is a whole new world.
My second : the buttons (build, recruit, ...) are too tiny but it may be due to my 1600x1200 resolution.

Very promising, Descartes !
Good to hear you like it. The interface works best at 1280x1024.

Been away from Imperium for quite a while and thus haven't followed the development.

Last time around we had the original map with whole Mediterranean. Have you changed the focus to purely concentrate on Italy or is this just a phase before you expand back to original map limits?
Yep, the mod has taken a new turn. I won't expand to the original map limits, but the whole Mediterranean will be included.

As far as i understand it this is just the beginning. As sonn as there is a balanced version of Imperium inlcuding all new features the map is expanded. It has to be , because i already made some nice characters for the black areas to the east in the curretn map ;-)
Indeed.

Some more things i noticed:

Movement arrows point in the wrong direction (at least when mocing from Helvetti to the province to the east it points south)
Strange, are you sure about that?

The governement and Politics screen when having a tribal government seems to have a leftover of some old screen as background leftover or soemthing.
I warned you in the announcement.

I d like to put my good finesse people to use some more, while i know you totally redid "Progress" why cant we appoint them to it and have a very reduced influence of good advisors from vanilla. Or have different "government positions" perhaps where good advisors have influence and positive effects.
The effects of the tech positions are hardcoded, so I figured it would be better to remove them, and have some kind of minor titles for advisors.

The three celtic tribes on the upper part of the map present a 100 BC situation and are not in this region at this time, though i dont know a better solution.
According to my maps, the region was controlled by Celtic tribes around 500 BC. The reason I've included Allobroges, Helvetii and Taurisci is that I don't know of any other Celts living there before these tribes.

If they stay we could perhaps make characters for the "pagi" in Helvetii with this leaders having the names of these minor units.

pagus Tigurini (family name of leader: Tigurin. Tigurinid)
pagus Toygenes (Toygo, Toygene, Toygenid)
pagus Verbigenes (Verbigono, Vergigene, Verbigenid)
pagus Toutonen (Touto, Touton, Toutonenid)
Sounds like a good idea.

I understand that. I just hope he doesnt plan to put as many cities as there are in the current release in the final one. That would take FOREVER to get anything done.

All I meant was that I hoped he would just find a way to make 1.1 compatable with the current patch.