• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Descartes

Lt. General
42 Badges
Oct 12, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I considered calling this release my "third beta", but version 2.00 sounds a lot better. Also, if I need to release a bug-fixing version, I can call it 2.01. A winning concept. There's only one little cloud on the blue sky of leaving-the-beta-stage: A month ago, I said I wouldn't release v2.0 before I had finished all the flags and all the modifier icons. Since it's quite boring to make all of them in a row, I haven't. I don't think I've broken my word, though, as I'm calling it v2.00 and not v2.0.

This release includes everything you've seen in the last two months' updates and some other interesting things as well. It's made for the latest beta patch, v 2.31. To freshen up your memory, this means notable features such as authorities, progress and reworked GUI (meaning "graphical user interface"). There is also a lot of province modifiers, many of them lacking icons (as I hinted earlier). You should also note that the starting scenario of 245 is the only time you can choose, since I have removed the date gadget. Pure fascism.

Feel free to spam the bug reports thread if you like, but remember some things are "unfinished" rather than "buggy":

- Some of the flags are white
- Many of the modifier icons have ugly-looking black-and-white numbers on them
- Many of the modifiers lack proper descriptions
- The tribal government window looks strange
- You can't access the national ideas
- There are no omens
- No inventions (advances) have been added to the new tech trees (aspects of progress)

All of these things will be fixed in later releases. There is one, huge and very strange bug, however, which I've no idea how to fix: Everything associated with diplomacy disappears when you save and reload the game. If it's still there when everything is as fixed as it can be (in later releases), I think I'll PM Doomdark about it.

Don't let my little warnings scare you off, though. This release should be pretty fun to play around with (at least I think so myself). I have playtested it quite extensively and never got any crashes. Anyway, it's time you click the link below, if you haven't already.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Last edited:
Grargh! You release when I'm at home away from my PC!

Haha YES, my mod is bigger than HTTT! :p
It's not code, though. The mod directory takes 439 MBs on my hard drive, and 434 of those are located in the map and gfx folders.

Downloading now...

Good idea to release it now. The flags and icons will be for Christmas ;)
It will be difficult not to play it this evening. Guess I will not give tonight the final check to my HoI3 translation...

The ambitious modifications brought by Imperium seem, well, Imperial !

Oh my god

Not fair, i'm at my girlfriend house so i'll have to wait for tomorrow between my studies for the final exam. I'll have plenty of time in two days and ill post an AAR in the forum

My game crash after less then a year, anyone experience this problem, i tried with ver 2.2 ans 2.31

Same here, both versions crash during the first year. :confused:
Are you sure you've installed the beta patch correctly? The checksum should be MCAG.

Mod won't load for me. Crash at the 'LOADING SPRITES' screen. Using the 2.31 beta patch and Windows 7 if that matters.
Have you deleted the map cache?