• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
i might use the authority one in my current byzantine game, to force the HRE into motion, since after my reload (so i don't have a boringly big empire anymore) the HRE seems to be deadlocked in permanent civil war, while i was hoping for faster unification (and with only 30 years to go till reformation and with one reform passed Bohemia really needs a kick up the backside)

So you can't remove FoW completely for handsoff games for exmple?
Not with a built-in command. Not too difficult to script an event/decision to do it though. Use an effect like any_country = { remove_fow = 60 } to remove fog for 5 years.

Keep in mind that FoW is completely different from Terra Incognita. For a handsoff game you would probably also want to remove TI from the world which can be a problem unless you also mod the game so that your country is a unique tech group and religion group to prevent the knowledge from spreading.

Last edited:
Not with a built-in command. Not too difficult to script an event/decision to do it though. Use an effect like any_country = { remove_fow = 60 } to remove fog for 5 years.

Keep in mind that FoW is completely different from Terra Incognita. For a handsoff game you would probably also want to remove TI from the world which can be a problem unless you also mod the game so that your country is a unique tech group and religion group to prevent the knowledge from spreading.

Thanks for the help. :)

Hi, sorry for bumping an old topic..

Just wondering if the cheats (such as adding cash (ducats) or magistrates etc.) also affect the AI?

I suppose the event triggering will not affect the AI (quite logical).

Hi, sorry for bumping an old topic..

Just wondering if the cheats (such as adding cash (ducats) or magistrates etc.) also affect the AI?

I suppose the event triggering will not affect the AI (quite logical).

The cash cheats etc only affect you. The yesman scheat (does that even exist in EU3?) will affect every interaction, even between AIs. Same with every "toggleable" cheat, so better to turn off toggled cheats after you're done cheating.

...The yesman cheat (does that even exist in EU3?) will affect every interaction, even between AIs. Same with every "toggleable" cheat, so better to turn off toggled cheats after you're done cheating.

I really don't understand why this cheat even exists... Player may benefit from a few agreements with the AI which it would not normally concede to, but what use is there to it when everybody in the whole world will be intermarried/allied with each other?

I really don't understand why this cheat even exists... Player may benefit from a few agreements with the AI which it would not normally concede to, but what use is there to it when everybody in the whole world will be intermarried/allied with each other?

All of these cheats are not included for a player's cheating whims, but rather for testing. For testing the game you need to be able to quickly set certain scenarios.

I always felt like an option "assasinate ruler" was missing in exchange for some extreme stability penelty. But thanks to "heir_succeeds = [country tag]" my requirements are fulfilled!
Thanks paradox!

Hmm, the 1051 event which is supposed to be the "Join the Holy Roman Empire" doesn't seem to function for me?

I've got Heir to the Throne installed, and the desired province to join is venezia.

don't forget to add tag (country tag): allows you to switch to a different country, does not work fully though (the AI still has some effect, but you can peace out and stuff with it)

Useful when you just want to peace out yet this OPM decides to claim everything you have even though it'll be annexed in 10 seconds.
This cheat is the only thing that saves them, because if they only become reasonable when they have no other choice than to be utterly destroyed by me.
Then it's my time to impose irrational peace offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
the events for the different nations being formed don't work with HTTT or DW and im not sure they work with IN either.

Language, this is a family-friendly forum.