+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Diplomatic option: Support bandits

200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Diplomatic option: Support bandits

In the original game, we have the possibility of "desecrating" holy sites in foreign nations. If your agent is successful, the targeted province gets a modifier reducing local religious prestige for 360 days. One small problem, though, is that religious prestige doesn't affect anything. This makes the whole idea rather pointless.

The new deal is called "Support Bandits". It replaces "Desecrate Holy Site" in the diplomatic options tab. Sure, it would have been better if we could have both of these options available (if only for role-playing purposes), but I'm afraid I can't give you that. Here comes a couple of screenshots:

Previously worked on Imperium, a mod for Rome: Vae Victis.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    MagickaEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Ooh, very cool. I've been pondering ways to make use of that feature, too. Nice solution
    EU: Rome, the way it should have been.
    Europa Imperialis Map Mod v0.1d

Yes, very nice. The ideas just start exploding in your brain when you see stuff like this. Here is my rant:

Can you put in some political effect as well, like aiming it at a certain class/authority ?
    - rob from the rich
    - liberate slaves
    - rob the temples

If you cant do it from the diplo option, it could fire as an event. Maybe once the bandits have success they get established (via a province modifier) and then you can start aiming them at certain classes/authorities. The nation would have to crush them/bribe them or drive them to another land.

Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I like your ideas, but it's not possible to link an event to this diplomatic option. The province modifier is where the event would have to start, and there's nothing indicating where the agent came from. It's possible to give neighbouring nations an option to make use of the situation, though, by means of decisions or events.

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3EU3 Complete
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Kingdom of Beer, Slivovitz and Borowitchka
    Maybe give that agent a special minor title prior sending him on a "generic" udercover mission which would replace the Desecrate one. That minor title would determine the undercover mission type and effect (support insurgents, incite unrest, desacration etc.) and trigger a specific event for the target country.

That would be interesting for sure, but I don't see how it could be put into practice. It would be far easier to handle via decisions.

+ Reply to Thread