+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Roman Empire?

Corporal Cannonfodder Killerflood's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Holy Roman Empire?

Does the Holy Roman Empire ever expand beyond austria's first province?
    My own quotes:
    "Everything is possible with time and imagination, time just hasn't caught up with our imagination."
    "A stagnant brain is a very bad thing. Try keeping your head open to allow fresh air in but not open enough for your brain to fall out."

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
    -Altair

Magrathean Engineer Haftetavenscrap's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisEuropa Universalis IV

Blog Entries
    The HRE should not exist at all...
    Try Haftetavenscrap's Realistic Map Generator!
    Explore, colonize and conquer a world you've never seen before!
    Much more intricate and realistic maps than Conquest of Paradise

Get it HERE!

Corporal Cannonfodder Killerflood's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Well it doesn't, technically, because austria is the only one who's in it.
    My own quotes:
    "Everything is possible with time and imagination, time just hasn't caught up with our imagination."
    "A stagnant brain is a very bad thing. Try keeping your head open to allow fresh air in but not open enough for your brain to fall out."

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
    -Altair

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourMagickaEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition

It always exists in my games. Usually as Austria but occasionally Prussia.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionRome GoldSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ciadude2 View Post
    It always exists in my games. Usually as Austria but occasionally Prussia.
    The game must automatically put it there since it isn't present in the files...

Get it HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Haftetavenscrap View Post
    The game must automatically put it there since it isn't present in the files...
    Yea, it's always there, but with only one country in it, not a factor really. A player can work his way up to border Austria's capitol, then join HRE, or you can just disband it when you take them out.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Or you just remove it out of the country history files?

Latinia Universalis

A total conversion mod for EU3 IN, taking place in the Roman Era

User Made Nations mod

Create an entire new world for Victoria 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Puppets View Post
    Or you just remove it out of the country history files?
    screw that :P why not just make the HRE able to flare up and grow as uniquely as most all countires in this game, scotland is the only one ive seen keeping a normal boarder to reality hehe so why not just allow the HRE to pop up, im sure someone can create a string of events to have that occur and even to were it gives nations of the latin tech base in certain areas of the map the choice to join the HRE, perhaps on the death of a leader the new leader/country gets the choice to join the HRE (small percentage?)
    also since ive noticed the HRE being only created once in my games, side question since ive been playing as orthodox to much, does the papacy get created or does that one also stay limp?

Blog Entries
    A problem with making a dynamic HRE is that it doesn't really function until there are a lot of members. The religions often end up jumbled a bit which also makes adding an HRE complicated. I also wanted to balance the religions better, which is why both HRE and Papacy were removed; to take the focus off of catholicism.

Get it HERE!

the way i handled the HRE before HT3 was it was the empire of Austria, anyone who had good relations with Austria could, and would join, if they later had negative relations with the emperor they'd leave the empire.

now though, i'm planning on waiting for Divine Wind before i start seriously making mod-mods for my own use.

I didn't have any HRE in my last game. I think it might depend on whetever or not Austria (or any related HRE elector I guess) end up to be catholic. In fact, in that last game, austria was reformed with all european countries. However, two last game before that, when just trying some stuff, Austria was catholic both time and HRE existed, however there was no other guys in the HRE (no catholic province for other countries I guess).

+ Reply to Thread