• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have the Greek Crusader States changed culture from Greek to Catalan and Cosmopolitan? I'm referring to Morea, Achaea and Athens.
Not sure what you mean. The crusader states have always been Catholic non-Greek-cultured. (I don't think Morea is considered a crusader state; it was more of an offshoot of Byzantium.)

Personally I'm disappointed with the nerfing of France. The game is already too easy, and France was one of the few nations you could at least rely on to provide somewhat of a challenge, particularly in the late game.

Despite this one reservation, don't get me wrong, HttT looks great overall and I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I like how the Deva Bengal flag seems to have been given to another country, hopefully this means deva bengal is gone from the game as well (never understood why a dynasty from 200-300 years from before the game starts would make a comeback suddenly and have cores on bengal in the game).

The AI might take a little longer to unify France, but once united, France is as big as and rich as it always was.

For a player, France is now an even bigger powerhouse, as the French cores allow you to release your vassals and annex them all for 0 Infamy because of the cores, and then do the same to anyone else France has a core on. If the AI exploits this well, Im really looking hard to find the nerf.

With the new Reconquest CB, the only way to nerf France would be to not let it start with cores on all of France.

Love the list of new countries. Im wonder how fast a player could capture, convert and switch to become the Kingdom of Jerusalem. I bet some people will manage it by 1402 with some lucky conversion rolls.

Hanesatic? is that not Hanestic or Hansatic? doesn't matter (especially if we can ingame change nation name), love the idea to play as them ruling and trading from Lübeck :)

Love the more nations, now all I wish for is to be able to create a Latin Empire if you are catholic and own Constantinople, and all my dreams came true :p (coa I am unsure of but I would prefer the one also used in Knights of Honor) ...well, except for the dream to be the Templars

I want to see the first KoJ world conquest with a vanilla version :)

please add an option for knight orders to become Kingdom of Jerusalem if they conquer Judea

DEUS LE VULT!
Well, I know what I am going to do now..

Personally I'm disappointed with the nerfing of France. The game is already too easy, and France was one of the few nations you could at least rely on to provide somewhat of a challenge, particularly in the late game.
I'm hoping France is now playable without falling to asleep over how easy it is.

There seems to have been a little mix-up. This is the flag for Nizhny Novgorod used in the game:

Attachments

• NZH.bmp
    NZH.bmp
    12,1 KB · Views: 81
Hm... might be even more fun with all the crusader kingdoms from CK as potentialy creatable.

Africa, Egypt, Khazaria...

Ah, Jerusalem! Another little pleasant diversion :D

Sweet, now I can ditch my custom-made Kingdom of Jerusalem. I was getting a little tired of seeing it pop up as a Muslim crusader state, anyway. (Never did get around to writing an event or something to keep it Catholic. :rofl:)

no romania. oh fiddlesticks :(

Romania didn't exist in the time frame of the game, did it? (Or even relatively close, like some of these countries or later ones like Germany and Italy?)

Romania didn't exist in the time frame of the game, did it? (Or even relatively close, like some of these countries or later ones like Germany and Italy?)

IIRC Romania came about-- sans Transylvania, and still nominally an Ottoman vassal -- in 1862, a year after Italy was formed and nearly a decade before Germany was.

The only thing holding Romania back from forming is that Hungary, Ottomans and other regional powers did not want that to happen. They prefered weaker independent states and forced them to remain independent.

The Romanian principalities wanted to join in a union, When Michael united the principalities, nobody complained. In Transylvania in the 1800's there was a whole school of thought about a united Romania. They eventually succeeded when Wallachia and Modolva united in 1862. Transylvania was inside the A-H empire, and despite petitions from Transylvania to join the Wallachia-Modolva union, the Habsburgs didn't allow it.

If Romania was to be in the game, it should be a coreless decision, as all you needed to form Romania was to have control over the provinces. (IE, in game Ownership)

In a 1866 coup d'état, Cuza was exiled and replaced by Prince Karl of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen, who became known as Prince Carol of Romania. During the Russo-Turkish War Romania fought on the Russian side,[47] in and in the 1878 Treaty of Berlin, Romania was recognized as an independent state by the Great Powers.[48][49] In return, Romania ceded three southern districts of Bessarabia to Russia and acquired Dobruja. In 1881, the principality was raised to a kingdom and Prince Carol became King Carol I.

Here