• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As I see it, the mission CB's represent CB's that were acquired by special means (for example: your nobility took care to create a reason to invade that province, "Save our Brethren in provicne x" CB's make sense in itself, subjugation can be considered as returning some minor nobles from other countries their old rights, etc.) and how they were exactly acquired is left to player's imagination.

Still, all that looks rather fishy. I'd agree with Nicolas19 that mission-triggered CBs are over the top. You take a religious mission as an example, but that's actually more of an exception. Not all of the conquest or subjugation missions have any legitimate historical reasons behind them. Far from it. I'd say most of them haven't. It's just plain old greediness and power-thirst.
Say, when Muscovy has missions to annex nearly all Russian states, when France absorbs minor French states, when China eats up its neighbours, when England conquers Scotland, Ireland and France (!!!) - what is legitimate about it? If it's about uniting the nation - you have a separate CB for that. If it's about claims to the throne - that's also covered. Why have an extra CB to make it easier?
In history, you had to find legitimate PRETEXTS, sure - to keep it decent (that is, in EU terms, to have a CB). And I believe that it should be left to the player to find a pretext. That would make you think. You have nationalism, religions, SoIs whatever. Maybe, throw in a few more espionage missions to sway the public opinion. In some cases you should be forced to attack with no CB. Who said completing missions must be easy? Getting a CB just as a free hand-out looks like a spoiler.
Moreover, this gives major powers another unfair advantage (I was always irritated at this 'lucky' thing - fortunately, it can be turned off easily, unlike this powergamer-friendly new CB), and pushes them to play in a 'historically correct manner'. Everyone who has conquest or subjugate missions is now more powerful. If we return to Muscovy, they now have better odds against their neighbours. Moscow has a way to legitimately attack them, but they don't. I can't see any logic in that. If it's because Muscovy did conquer them in real life - well, that's just stupid. I don't know about the others, but I play historical games to REWRITE history, rather than repeat it. I believe that at least should be an option.

Alot of the old stability hits that came with declaring war are gone. Some are still around like royal marriage (-1) and breaking truce (-5) but it is pretty easy now to avoid taking a stability hit when declaring war.

Before I found that it was my stability that kept me from declaring too many wars. Now it's pretty easy to keep my stability in the positives while my infamy holds me back.

And even then, infamy is really reduced with the proper CB.

The only reason I don't go around declaring war on every fool is because...I don't have a casus belli on every fool.

i don't get it, i keep gettign cassuss belli events on friction borders etc, but each timei go and declare a war, i still get a -2 stability hit and a note (no cassus belli)

wtf

holy war cassus belli event

sure lets go conquer algeria

declare war

bam -2 stability

ffffuuuuuuu

i don't get it, i keep gettign cassuss belli events on friction borders etc, but each timei go and declare a war, i still get a -2 stability hit and a note (no cassus belli)

wtf

declare war

bam -2 stability

ffffuuuuuuu

Are you choosing the appropriate CB when you declare war?

wtf

declare war

bam -2 stability

ffffuuuuuuu

maybe because you are not selecting the casus belli you want to use when you declare war

Rapyer: Are you choosing a CB when you declare war? When you first bring up the "Declare War" screen your default selection is "No CB"; below that are each of the various CBs that can be invoked. Hovering/Selection each will then show you what benefits/restrictions each CB entails.

Also, when there are stability hits the declare war screen will list them along with their reason (friendly, vassal, etc...)

I tried posting this in another thread, but I got no replies there, so i'll say it here incase.

Is anyone else finding it impossible to enforce a PU with Claim Throne / Obscure Documents when there's a different alliance leader? I've also noticed several other annoying things, such as a CB on a vassal becomes useless as I first have to free them from the overlord before I can demand anything from them myself.

Rapyer: Are you choosing a CB when you declare war? When you first bring up the "Declare War" screen your default selection is "No CB"; below that are each of the various CBs that can be invoked. Hovering/Selection each will then show you what benefits/restrictions each CB entails.

Also, when there are stability hits the declare war screen will list them along with their reason (friendly, vassal, etc...)

i'm so stupid, i have been playing it all wrong

sigh

300 years of mp game playing like an idiot lol waiting for stability to go up