• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The twist is that those who join the war on an Alliance CB cannot take provinces in a peace process :)
So if you join your ally in his war, you can only
* release vassal
* release country
* reduce sphere
* revocate cores, or
* get gold

Or did I misread it?

I don't think you did, and that's really the spirit of a true call to arms anyways, isn't it...? Your impetus to joining the conflict is to help your neighbor, not attack the other country. As such, getting some gold out of the deal to pay for your efforts is rather reasonable, as is the demand the other nation remove cores/claims on you or your neighbor.

If anything, it looks like a great way to pass the time waiting for Infamy to cool a bit. And just think of all the cores you could strip to prevent nations from going where you didn't want them to go. It's a little back handed and sneaky, but what else are you going to do while you wait...? ;)

T

I don't think you did, and that's really the spirit of a true call to arms anyways, isn't it...? Your impetus to joining the conflict is to help your neighbor, not attack the other country. As such, getting some gold out of the deal to pay for your efforts is rather reasonable, as is the demand the other nation remove cores/claims on you or your neighbor.

If anything, it looks like a great way to pass the time waiting for Infamy to cool a bit. And just think of all the cores you could strip to prevent nations from going where you didn't want them to go. It's a little back handed and sneaky, but what else are you going to do while you wait...? ;)

T

But rereading the manual and the CB document suggests that you can take provinces in the peace deal, only it will cost you dearly in terms of Infamy, while the listed options comes at half the peace price. So the game guides you in the right direction but you do have the option to go astray and pay the price for it.

The twist is that those who join the war on an Alliance CB cannot take provinces in a peace process :)
So if you join your ally in his war, you can only
* release vassal
* release country
* reduce sphere
* revocate cores, or
* get gold

Or did I misread it?
I think you can still take provinces, but if you do take them without a casus belli that allows it, then your BB will rise up fast and other countries are going to turn hostile towards you.

So you can still go on warmongering and conquering left and right, but then you're going to face more severe consequences than before.

Yeah, you basically can demand more of the things that match the type of CB you chose for the war. So if the reason was cash, you will be able to demand more of it than you would if the reason was a core province.

This one will be very interesting:

Obscure Documents
This Casus Belli is triggered by 'Fabricate Claim' spy action, for 12 months. Allows the
formation of a Personal Union in the peace.

Can form personal unions by the use of spies....hee hee...

Yeah, you basically can demand more of the things that match the type of CB you chose for the war. So if the reason was cash, you will be able to demand more of it than you would if the reason was a core province.

Well, in that case, it is a shame we cannot still trick the AI into agreeing to over 100% of the warscore. Imagine getting all of France in one war....

Here's my question: will Obscure Documents allow Republic-type governments to impose PU's?

-Pat

Casus Belli is supposed to symbolize a justifiable, historically common reason for war. These "conquest" or "subjugation" CBs are just out of the blue. I know, the "border dispute" event is entirely random, too, but those cases were common, could be explained by unreliable maps. Now a country can suddenly feel the urge to conquer another and the whole world approves it a valid CB? 9/11 is way out of the game's timescale!

As I see it, the mission CB's represent CB's that were acquired by special means (for example: your nobility took care to create a reason to invade that province, "Save our Brethren in provicne x" CB's make sense in itself, subjugation can be considered as returning some minor nobles from other countries their old rights, etc.) and how they were exactly acquired is left to player's imagination.

Nice stuff, but you know, we all here want the game, not some guides:p

WRONG! We all here want some guides to pass time before the game is released!

Imperial Liberation
The Emperor of the HRE gets this CB against anyone who annexes a country within the HRE. Lasts for 24 months. One fourth the normal Infamy, double Prestige and half the Peace Cost for demanding HRE provinces, releasing vassals and annexed nations, reducing the SoI and demanding gold.

So some nation "unfortunately" annexes a OPM, and I the HRE come in and take the province for 1/4 infamy and 1/2 peace cost. Sounds like being HRE is the way to go.

Wow, looks like there will be a tlot of wrs in HTTT then , which i basically dont like that much, but at least it are wars WITH a cause...can see that loan CB exploited a lot though.

Well.. what use is a cb if you can't get anything out of the war without enormous infamy?

Obscure documents allows for formation of PUs in peace treaties?
I think I'll end up running around shouting "All ur thrones are belong to us" while waving a document around.
Awesome, just awesome.

Wow, looks like there will be a tlot of wrs in HTTT then , which i basically dont like that much, but at least it are wars WITH a cause...can see that loan CB exploited a lot though.
I see the changes they made in the CB system more as a way to reduce the amount of wars that end with a landgrab rather than a way to increase the amount of wars total. Now sacking other countries or making them release minors will be a more common occurence than getting non-cores from them. At least the way I understand the diaries and this pdf in here.

But rereading the manual and the CB document suggests that you can take provinces in the peace deal, only it will cost you dearly in terms of Infamy, while the listed options comes at half the peace price. So the game guides you in the right direction but you do have the option to go astray and pay the price for it.

Naturally... ;) You don't HAVE to play nice, and you don't HAVE to play the rules... That's why it's called Infamy.

T