• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
Since casus belli is such a core concept to the game, Doomdark wrote a document on which different ones there is and how it works.

Attachments

• Casus Belli Desc.pdf
    32,5 KB · Views: 19.086
More candy. Thnx! :)

I've already preordered. What more do you want me to do? :D

I have to finish my current HoI3 game, because HttT is going to make me on it for a few months... till Vicky2 release, maybe :)

It's amazing all those casus belli options!

:D Thanks very much

EDIT - Love the nationalism CB

i hated how hard was to get in wars before but now it seems that it will be too easy...

fabricate claims it's totally useless now :rolleyes:

hmm we have a lot of casus bellis here :D

sadly 'holy war' isn't alvailable to eastern , like muslim vs hindu states in india , etc

You sure are hyping us for this expansion. :D

Might have missed a dev diary, but for these CB:s to realy ,matter, I hope that non-CB landgrabs have been penalized more heavily then before i regards to BB (infamy), or that BB limit has been drasticaly reduced, or this CB:s are a bit wothless:D

Given this, it's fairly clear that BadBoy/Infamy costs for conquest has been greatly increased; no gains at less than a point of Infamy save Reconquest - and perhaps still a lucky inheritance at the end of a Personal Union? Is the 'Boundary Dispute' random event still in the game?

The 'Restoration of Union' Casus Belli strikes me as particularly interesting, since Unions seem even more fragile now. Is it then a more viable strategy to stay a monarchy and enforce Unions across the map through 'Claim on Throne' CBs and then keep them by 'Restoration of Union' CBs until inheritance, I wonder... I see a Borg/Burgundy AAR in the making here. ;)

What I'd really like to know now is how you reduce infamy, if there are additions to the 'old ways' (DIP rating, Curia, Diplomat advisors, some decisions) and at what rates. I'm presuming those rates haven't increased to match the infamy gain increase, just to make World Conquest that much harder?

Might have missed a dev diary, but for these CB:s to realy ,matter, I hope that non-CB landgrabs have been penalized more heavily then before i regards to BB (infamy), or that BB limit has been drasticaly reduced, or this CB:s are a bit wothless:D
I'd say the increase of default BadBoy/Infamy to four points a province, up from the standard 1 for Same/Heretic and 0.5 for Heathen (before 1650) is a rather heavy penalty. :)

i hated how hard was to get in wars before but now it seems that it will be too easy...

fabricate claims it's totally useless now :rolleyes:
I don't think so. It seems that some of the casus bellis are better than going to war without one, but not by too much. I'm assuming that going to war without one is now a significantly badder idea.

So what if the defender wins ? Does he get the same modifiers as the attacker (which does not make sense for several of them) or is it the default, no casus belli peace ?

sadly 'holy war' isn't alvailable to eastern , like muslim vs hindu states in india , etc

The way I read it, it's available for Muslim states against Hindu ones, but not vice-versa. Which is historically accurate.

The most intriguing one is "Alliance". Supposing that "calls to arms" are unchanged from IN (that is, implicit in the declaration of war procedure, which we don't know). So, you've attacked the vassal of your true target, and are now in a one-vs-one fight against it... Oh, wait: all your true target's allies now have a CB against you. Depending on how the AI plays, avoiding them in the original war may not help you much.

I don't see anything in there for violated Guarantees: perhaps they got replaced by Spheres of Influence, or perhaps I'm up wayyyy too late ;).